It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McDonald's Massacre

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by DAZ21

Ok first off, I don't think you quite understand how it works. Formaldehyde can exist in many different forms, like trioxane for example.

Hahaha, if I was to experiment on a chicken nuggets at work, I think I'd be fired. Even if I tried in secret, we have cctv cameras in every room, so It's impossible.

I don't think you get how it works. You told us of one chemical, that supposedly in situ changes into formaldehyde, which now when I addressed it you claim it could be trioxane.

In chemistry, it is used as a stable, easily handled source of anhydrous formaldehyde.

Trioxane synthesis requires an acidic catalyst from what I gather. (Acidic fryer oil at McD's?
) And still the boiling point is lower than the fryers cooking temperature. So my question now is why would you even mention it?

As I said, I don't think you are a chemist. I'm not either, I reflect back to high school learnings, but some basic stuff is being lost on you.

Which is odd because one might presume you were an authority on the matter.

You are the one that put out the warning of a "McDonald's Massacre" after all....

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by DAZ21

Accept licenses agreement? Yeah right, I don't care what it is. You should watch your links.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I don't have to worry about the formaldehyde in chicken nuggets, my generation, many generations before mine and some after mine who in biology class participated in dissections were already killed long ago by the high levels of formaldehyde we were exposed to.

I can't find the exact year it was determined to be a "suspect carcinogen" but I do know it occurred early to mid 90's, later is was upgraded to a "carcinogen"

Until the hazards became apparent it was THE preservative used to High School dissection specimens.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Pixiefyre

You probably had greater exposure from the Formaldehyde/UREA housing insulation that was widely used in the past. In either case, millions of people continued to live since these times.

I just wish we still had lead paint/gas...

People complained less after being exposed.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ElOmen

Wow, this poor girl will probably die eating these things. Unfortunately because McDonald's is so easy to attain and the fact that they are everywhere, they are killing more than this young girl. Population control is disguised pretty well on this planet. Every time I see a McDonald's I can't help but imagine how great this world would be if all the McDonald's got demolished in one day ............ahhhhh, it would be wonderful.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ewok_Boba
How much heat is required to break it down into formaldehyde?

This product contains polydimethylsiloxane which can generate formaldehyde as a byproduct of oxidative thermal decomposition at temperatures greater than 150°C (300°F).
See Section 10 for further information.

www.silicone-polymers.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I thought you meant the real one.

There were several copycat spree's afterwards too if I remember correctly.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   

I still remember the smell walking past chemistry classrooms, never went in except to set the frogs free once... lol, hey cutiekitty there in your avie.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by DAZ21

McDonalds chicken nuggets should be banned from human consumption for the mere fact that they are one of the most repulsive, nasty foods ever produced! I know of youngsters that won't come within 50 feet of them!

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by connorromanow
reply to post by DAZ21

ive heard about this before isnt also a compund found in silly putty

I thought McNuggets were made from silly putty.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by DAZ21

I'm sure this the least of your worries. You probably pick up more toxic stuff than this in your bath. I'm not saying this is insignificant I'm just saying it's so present everywhere. My first thought would be to not eat at McDonalds. i don't usually so it's not a big deal for me. Other people should give it a thought though .

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by AwakeinNM

That's something my friend told me every kind of meat had been ruined for her except chicken nuggets, lucky she dosnt know about this

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Yeah and then add the previously mentioned.....I went on to spend 22 years working in the chemical industry as a lab tech.

Originally posted by antar

I still remember the smell walking past chemistry classrooms, never went in except to set the frogs free once... lol, hey cutiekitty there in your avie.

When I was in school the specimens had to be preserved for 7 years before we could work on them.....so setting the frogs free would be like......

*****SPLAT-THUNK*****

Thanks re my kitty...perfect to balance those times when I get overly serious

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 05:56 AM
link   
I realized one thing about Fast food many years ago. What they serve you in fast food, is NOT FOOD. its a sort of pseudo food. Food like, but not really food. Chemists and others have "formulated" a product that basically is loaded with taste, sugar, fat, and salt, to initiate the maximum craving. Its sort of the food equivalent of cigarettes. Proof that it is not food is this: If you were to go on a strict diet of eating only fast food, three meals a day, in all probability it would kill you after a few weeks. Would real food do this? Morgan Spurlock tried this in the movie Super size me, and it did cause health problems after only a few weeks. Eating real food sensibly would certainly not kill you. When you are eating fast food, you are just satiating a flavor craving, but I think the packaging it comes in probably has more nutritional value. Another disturbing thing about Mcdonalds "food" is that it doesn't seem to decompose

edit on 18-8-2012 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by bobs_uruncle
reply to post by DAZ21

This might be true or not, I wasn't there, but it's all over the internet along with chicken beaks and feet. Allegedly, McDonald's bought their "beef" from a company called 100% Pure Beef Inc., so that the advertisements could legally claim that McD's used 100% Pure Beef...LOL. What they didn't tell you is 100% Pure Beef Inc. does not use 100% pure beef or the little bit about the allowable level of cysts (malignant or benign) and other questionable materials (along with all the chemicals) in the stuff that they allege to being hamburger. Or the way this junk is processed, you know the chewing up and almost liquefying, spraying down with ammonia and then adding in artificial flavoring. Mmmm Mmmm good!

If you don't see it grow and see it chopped up, you never know what you're getting because you sure can't trust the government, their agencies or any corporation.

Cheers - Dave

Many years ago I worked with a guy who had claimed to have worked in a slaugherhouse that contracted out to Mcdonalds. He told me that when they say "100 percent beef" they mean it because they literally grind the whole cow up into a meat paste. Disturbing when you consider that it is asserted that mad cow disease does not come from eating cuts like sirloin, but comes from eating ground meat containing the brain and spinal cords of cattle,

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   

I know I was told to take a break recently, lol, usually ATS "IS" my break! But seriously I could look at your avie for several minutes and it just gives me a peaceful feeling. Some cats are just so special, its like they are from another dimension. Yours looks so smart and sassy.

On topic, it is a shame, I actually like the chicken nuggets, but have not trusted Mcdonalds for over 10 years now and that picture that was circulating a while back of the pink goo they are made from just sickened me.

It is always good to have further validation to help keep me on the straight and narrow.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by DAZ21
reply to post by landocal

Not specifically, the company I work for dabbles in many products. This formulation is for windscreen rain repellent.

edit on 16-8-2012 by DAZ21 because: (no reason given)

Not saying the product at issue is not dangerous, but you should know (and should have disclosed) that products are "dangerous" only when taken with a dangerous "dose" - called dose/response.

You could ingest a drop of bleach every day for your entire life and have no ill effects. But if you drink 40 ounces of it you would certainly get sick from it.

Chemotherapy, great example, of dose/response. Give the right dose, it cures cancer. Give too much, it kills you.

Even water can be dangerous, if you drink too much of it.

So, what's the dangerous dose for this product?
edit on 18-8-2012 by LanceCorvette because: to add "Chemotherapy .." paragraph

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Its sad that society prefers to feed their kids with fast food instead of taking their time and actually cooking for them. Obesity in the united states is a major issue that we are facing and it will only get worse if people continue eating junk food. Nothing is better than homemade food, you will never know what this guys in Mcdonalds put in your burger since its done fast.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Please join us tonight on ATS LIVE RADIO where we will be discussing this topic as a Turbo Topic! Please visit THIS THREAD for the schedule of topics!

We would love to have you call in and voice your opinion regardless of what it is!

ATS Live Is Broadcasting * Today @ 9:00 PM EST

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
reply to post by DAZ21

Ok first off, I don't think you quite understand how it works. Formaldehyde can exist in many different forms, like trioxane for example.

Hahaha, if I was to experiment on a chicken nuggets at work, I think I'd be fired. Even if I tried in secret, we have cctv cameras in every room, so It's impossible.

I don't think you get how it works. You told us of one chemical, that supposedly in situ changes into formaldehyde, which now when I addressed it you claim it could be trioxane.

In chemistry, it is used as a stable, easily handled source of anhydrous formaldehyde.

Trioxane synthesis requires an acidic catalyst from what I gather. (Acidic fryer oil at McD's?
) And still the boiling point is lower than the fryers cooking temperature. So my question now is why would you even mention it?

As I said, I don't think you are a chemist. I'm not either, I reflect back to high school learnings, but some basic stuff is being lost on you.

Which is odd because one might presume you were an authority on the matter.

You are the one that put out the warning of a "McDonald's Massacre" after all....

Ok Boncho, It's obvious you think I'm fabricating all of this up.

One. I picked a random different form of Formaldehyde, just to show you that it exists in other forms. Paraformaldehyde, or Methanediol try that one.

Two. Here's a link to a pdf file that shows the correlation of temperature vs. PDMS breakdown into Formaldehyde. So I'm not making this up for fun.

Temperature Vs. Formaldehyde Correlation

Finally Three. It doesn't matter whether It's in the food in small amounts. The question you should be asking is, what the Hell is it doing in food anyway? As someone posted above, you can drink a drop of bleach a day with no ill effects. But would you? These chemicals are used to cheapen the products, and increase profit.

Also yes having a large amount in one sitting of anything, if It's too much, will kill you. But I don't want a small amount of PDMS in my food or Formaldehyde, regardless of how small the amount is, because we simply don't know the true damage it is doing to our bodies over decades of consumption.

Hopefully this will put an end to any debunkers. I think I covered all of my bases, what say you Boncho?
edit on 19-8-2012 by DAZ21 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join