It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McDonald's Massacre

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by DAZ21
Just because you can't see people drop dead in McDonald's, doesn't mean there isn't a massacre.

I believe there is. Although a very slow one.

The drastic increase in stomach and intestinal cancers speak for themselves. There's no denying that. It's not just McDonald's that use this additive either. But McDonald's is a major offender.

OK. So you have documented the link between stomach and intestinal cancers and eating at McDonald's or this additive? Could you please cite the study or studies that prove this link? Or are you just making an assumption here that McDonald's is bad because, well, McDonald's is bad.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by DAZ21

About 3 months ago I wised up and stopped feeding this poison, and all others to my kids. I also stopped eating it myself. We have transitioned to an all organic, all natural, non-GMO lifestyle. I have never felt better. I feel cleaner on the inside, less tired, and healthier. I have also been shedding extra pounds without doing any exercise. I always felt that organic food was some con that tree huggers fell for, until I did an exhaustive amount of research and realized how wrong I was. Organic food tastes so much better, and with stores like Whole Foods and Trader Joe's it's a very easy lifestyle change to make. Good post and good info.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Question:

If we assume what you are saying is true without looking into it any further...

If the nuggets contain this chemical, and the chemical turns to formaldehyde upon heating, than would it not turn but then be cooked up by the fryer heat.

BP of formaldehyde is -19c or -2f

I think a fryer is a lot hotter than that. Don't get me wrong, it's interesting that you bring it up. But since you work in a lab why didn't you just take a nugget and do analysis on it to see if it tests positive for formaldehyde.

Test kits are readily available.

Are you sure you are a chemist, or do you work in shipping/receiving?

edit on 16-8-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler
Thread Title: McDonald's Massacre

OK.

How many people have been massacred by eating chicken McNuggets so far? Are you comparing chicken McNuggets to the Armenian Massacre, for example, where 1.5 million died?

What is the death toll here?

Whats the biggest killer in America?

Cardiovascular heat disease as a result of obesity. We have an obesity epidemic on our hands. I don't doubt that even if these nuggets were free from harmful chemicals they would still be killing waaay more Americans than, say, terrorism does.

This epidemic is killing people, en masse.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Anyone with half a brain knows to avoid fast food chains. This obviously implies that most people are idiots and will continue to eat this garbage. I don't understand how that even pass of their products as "food..."

As long as you don't eat at McDonalds, Burger King, Wendy's, etc, you'll be okay. There's not much else to be said.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
if people are too dumb to realize junk food is bad for them, i cant have any sympathy for them.

i should hold my tongue here.
Mcdonalds is full of #. yeah thanks for that sherlock.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I can't eat McD's anymore...the meat taste like soy mush...it makes me sick . And I really mean...sick.

I think this is important that people realize fast food and some u buy in stores will make you sick and degrade you physically and possibly kill you....

Bringing this to the top...S&F for giving us proof of poisoning...the guts to do it

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by GuidedKill
OMG BAN THE NUGGET ASAP!!!!!!!

This is far worse then any shooting or killing spree....I am outraged....BAN THE NUGGET!!!!!!

In a way, it is far worse than any shooting or killing spree. Sure, the McD's eater does so willingly, whereas the shooting victim does not choose to have bullets enter his or her body at high velocity, but most do so under the assumption that we have a department in the federal government, which we pay for, whose job it is to ensure our foods are safe.
The reality of the situation, any knowledgable and honest person will tell you, is that the toxic foods served at McD's, the diet sodas many quaf daily, and other food items declared safe by the FDA have probably killed more people than every mass-killing in U.S. History, by far. The big difference is that the McD's method is just slower, more painful, and more profitable to McD's and the Healthcare industry.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by DAZ21

This might be true or not, I wasn't there, but it's all over the internet along with chicken beaks and feet. Allegedly, McDonald's bought their "beef" from a company called 100% Pure Beef Inc., so that the advertisements could legally claim that McD's used 100% Pure Beef...LOL. What they didn't tell you is 100% Pure Beef Inc. does not use 100% pure beef or the little bit about the allowable level of cysts (malignant or benign) and other questionable materials (along with all the chemicals) in the stuff that they allege to being hamburger. Or the way this junk is processed, you know the chewing up and almost liquefying, spraying down with ammonia and then adding in artificial flavoring. Mmmm Mmmm good!

If you don't see it grow and see it chopped up, you never know what you're getting because you sure can't trust the government, their agencies or any corporation.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by DAZ21

Excuse my language, but what sick bastards consciously adds such poisonous chemicals to food that millions eat?

Thanks for the info, our society is nothing but madness... I hope it will go down in history already, where it belongs...

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by billy197300

Try saying that in 15 years when you have Multiple Sclerosis...

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

It only takes a discerning mind to follow the money trail and see that the same 1% who own all the major corporations with 95% of the wealth; are not going to allow such studies to be full conducted. I mean sure they might run trials, but they will never turn up evidence due to who funds the research in the first place. How about the fact that McDonald's serves hamburger patties that are soaked in ammonia, because it kills e coli? Or that they give away free soda's because they contain high fructose corn syrup, which inhibits Leptin production, the hormone that tells your brain to stop eating your stomach is full? I think HFCS is the perfect way to make more money on food sales if you prevent your customers from becoming easily full.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by billy197300
reply to post by DAZ21

Good info. I am not sssso suree it iz correct though. I hav been eating nuggggetz sinc I wuz a children and I jus fine now.

In whose opinion? Yours? lol. Really though, I had not known this, and it is not something I want to endorse one way or the other without properly looking into it. A cursory glance seems to indicate that the OP is absolutely correct though. I think people would be astonished to know that the things in some processed food, which is just about all food, are bad for their health. Processed food doesn't even taste like what people think it tastes like. The only reason fast food has such a distinctive taste if flavoring. All processed foods are usually flavored, as you wouldn't want to eat them otherwise. Fast food restaurants usually get their food from the same manufacturer, so theoretically it should taste the same...But it doesn't.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   
I do not think the title of the thread is exaggerated. May be this particular compound is not so bad or is worse than we expect. "Scientific" knowledge is evolving and what was poison ten years ago is now healthy and vice versa.
Still, McDonalds "food" is cocktail of various synthetic chemicals, low quality ingredients and irrational processing (from nutritional, not economic, point of view), all served in disgusting factory like environment by people pressed "temporarily" by system to low wage job. Do you remember Supersize Me movie?
Only one, who profit from this, is management and company shareholders.
Bon apetit!

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   
the list of additives McD's put into Coffee reminds me of a similar list that tobaccoo companies put into cigarettes, all to promote addition to the product. I have heard several pepople say that macdonalds coffee is delicious, I think they are being hooked by the chemicals.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   
McChicken isn't food, let alone chicken.

Slobs stupid enough to ingest that refuse deserve whatever they get.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 02:46 AM
link   
This is not true!!! It cant be! Go look on McD's website. They have all their nutritional info there and never mention any of these horrible chemicals and ingredients. They would never harm us, we are their customers

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 02:48 AM
link   
I stopped eating at McDonald's over 20 years ago and don't regret it a bit. The thing is, it's incredibly EASY to not eat there.
They don't have good food.
The fries apparently never decompose: www.youtube.com... for instance
Many issues related to hegemony, deforestation, animal cruelty. www.mcspotlight.org...

What I don't understand is how and why people gape at me wide-eyed when I state my personal boycott of the corporation. Many exclaim "I could never do that" and offer flimsy answers as to why not if at all.

It's not difficult to boycott things. It's really not. You just don't go there anymore. I don't just not miss anything about it - it doesn't even register as a place that offers sustenance to me anymore. The only value that occurs to me is the slight possibility of an emergency bathroom stop if I'm on a long trip. I would never even consider feeding a child that crap so the excuse that "the kids love it" is a terrible one. People will fore-go any boycott possibilities that interfere with their own personal pleasure or convenience and the companies/government know this.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 04:40 AM
link   
I gave up McDonald's 3 years ago. The food uses chems to trick your body into liking it, but it is so bad for you.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 04:46 AM
link   
The dangers here are multiple. Some of these chemicals can build up, over time, in fatty tissues and reach dangerous levels literally years into habitually ingesting them.

Also there probably isn't sufficient case study analysis to understand the long term effects of even minimal exposure. If there is long term damage it might even carry over into new generations through chemically induced genetic mutation.

Then there's the very real danger that these toxins could cause reactions to other things, such as prescription medications or specific illnesses - such as diabetes or high blood pressure - without the consumer even knowing they've put themselves in danger.

IMO the FDA got bought and paid for somewhere along the way and now they just stamp a big ole; "OK" on just about anything... Stay up late one night, watching TV - and count the commercials for dangerous medications that were all the rage just a few years back

Great find OP. S&F - also you might be qualified to speak to some of the concerns I've tabled. Thanks!

~Heff
edit on 8/17/12 by Hefficide because: added another thought

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join