It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McDonald's Massacre

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+35 more 
posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
So, I work in a chemical laboratory, and while creating a new formulation for one of our products, I came across the accusation that this certain chemical is approved for use in food products. One serious offender being McDonald's McChicken nuggets.

This offending chemical is, Polydimethylsiloxane. Let's call it PDMS. Take a look at the Material safety data sheet.

PDMS MSDS

So, here it tells us that PDMS, under section 11: Toxicological effects, has a low ingestion hazard.

So It's low. But It's still there and It's still a risk.

Let's not forget, PDMS was the material originally used for breast implants, but was deemed too hazardous to human health. So, It's not ok to stick it into your breast's, but It's ok to feed it to your kid's apparently.

But check this out. Formaldehyde is a known carcinogenic. Guess what PDMS is degraded to under heat? Well one of the compounds happens to be Formaldehyde. Check out the second part of this link.

FDA Approve PDMS

I guess the question is, how many of you are feeding this stuff to your kid's?

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by DAZ21

Good info. I am not sssso suree it iz correct though. I hav been eating nuggggetz sinc I wuz a children and I jus fine now.
I will surely think twice on my next trip to McDs.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
What product are you working on? Are you polymer chemist?

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by DAZ21

ive heard about this before isnt also a compund found in silly putty

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
OMG BAN THE NUGGET ASAP!!!!!!!

This is far worse then any shooting or killing spree....I am outraged....BAN THE NUGGET!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by landocal

Not specifically, the company I work for dabbles in many products. This formulation is for windscreen rain repellent.

edit on 16-8-2012 by DAZ21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
The breast inplant thing was a fraud by lawyers to make a bunch of money and it worked for a while till Dow pushed back hard

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by billy197300
reply to post by DAZ21

Good info. I am not sssso suree it iz correct though. I hav been eating nuggggetz sinc I wuz a children and I jus fine now.
I will surely think twice on my next trip to McDs.

You're ok for now. But in ten years time you may develop intestinal cancer.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Thread Title: McDonald's Massacre

OK.

How many people have been massacred by eating chicken McNuggets so far? Are you comparing chicken McNuggets to the Armenian Massacre, for example, where 1.5 million died?

What is the death toll here?

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler
Thread Title: McDonald's Massacre

OK.

How many people have been massacred by eating chicken McNuggets so far? Are you comparing chicken McNuggets to the Armenian Massacre, for example, where 1.5 million died?

What is the death toll here?

Just because you can't see people drop dead in McDonald's, doesn't mean there isn't a massacre.

I believe there is. Although a very slow one.

The drastic increase in stomach and intestinal cancers speak for themselves. There's no denying that. It's not just McDonald's that use this additive either. But McDonald's is a major offender.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I feed it to my kids once in a while. I though they were made out of 100% chicken ?

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by blackmetalmist
I feed it to my kids once in a while. I though they were made out of 100% chicken ?

Nope, take into account the external constituents that's not chicken. I believe that's where most of the culprits exist.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by DAZ21

By your heading I thought someone got a bone in their Big Mac and went on another shooting rampage.

Blackmetalmist

Chickens don't have nuggets.

edit on 16-8-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Wow, a corporation with a sole intention to make profit (through low pay, low food standards, mass sales and anticompetitive practices) uses a dangerous chemical in a product and people are surprised?

Guess what folks, these corporations couldn't give a rats ass what cancers you develop in ten years as a result of their product. Do you think the people making those decisions will ever face the consequences of their actions?

Hmm, lets see, risk public health for a couple of billion $'s? No brainer for most corporate CEO's

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Ok, maybe my title is a little overkill. But It's not false, just not in plain sight.

Just goes to show profit over people's safety, is all some people care about.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by DAZ21

Just goes to show profit over people's safety, is all some people care about.

Very true and nothing new. To get down to brass tax of the matter. This is a world with out Gods guidance and it won't change until man goes thru a change at his heart.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by DAZ21

McDonalds is to reduce average life expectancy, that's why the Fed pumps ludicrous amounts of free money into them to prop them up and make them look successful, on the long run it gets rid of the 'Useless Eaters' and stops people claiming their pensions. The point is that anything you purchase from McDonalds is designed to reduce your lifespan, even the Coffee there, examine the ingredients and you'll soon cotton on.
edit on 16-8-2012 by drbatstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
A lot of food companies use low level carcinogens. Coke and Pepsi use 4-methlylimidazole for a coloring agent. You have to realize fast food companies are there to make money bottom line. They are going to use the cheapest ingredients in there food as they can even if that means using a compound that might give you cancer. I dont think McDonald's is trying to slowly kill off there client base by giving them cancer using a low level hazardous compounds. I would be more worried about Benzene and its use in every day products. Gas companies use Benzene as an additive for gas, its also added to soft drinks as a salt but lab test have shown that some of it gets deionized in production. So if your worried about getting cancer then start eating organic. People arnt forced to eat McDonald so nobody has to eat this stuff if they chose not.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by BriGuyTM90

Maybe so
But it's not like we are openly informed of the chemicals and harm maccy d's can do to you
Hell look at a pack of smokes - covered in warnings !
I wanna see those same warnings and pictures on my big mac ( not that I ever eat em )

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join