It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two deputies killed, two wounded in Louisiana shooting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Two deputies killed, two wounded in Louisiana shooting

www.cnn.com

(CNN) -- Two law enforcement officers died and two were injured in a series of apparently linked shootings early Thursday in LaPlace, Louisiana, authorities said.

The first shooting happened in a parking lot at a steel plant, Sheriff Mike Tregre said. The second happened when officers went to a nearby trailer park to investigate the first shooting and were ambushed by a man armed with what the sheriff described as an assault rifle, he said.

In addition to the two wounded law enforcement officers, some of the five people taken into custody also suffered gunshot wounds, Tregre said.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.wwl.com

edit on 16-8-2012 by KillerQueen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
This is still developing...apparently officers were directing traffic at industrial plant - which is standard in some cases during shift change or construction - and were fired upon. The suspects ran off into an adjacent trailer park and other officers were ambushed while trying to search the trailer of a suspected shooter. There is still one suspect at large.

The area - River Road - has industrial plants from Baton Rouge to New Orleans. You would hope that it would be heavily secured.

Google Map

Obviously the details of this incident are subject to change as more and better information becomes available.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Saw this a while ago on CNN and jumped over here to see if anyone had posted.Every day it is something new,isn't it?Keeping my eye on this to see what winds up coming out once there are more details.I pray for the victims and their families.So much tragedy and madness lately.S+F OP.
edit on (8/16/1212 by amrith777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I think the shootings aren't whats changed as much as the Media latching onto every one of them. Aurora was one thing....but Texas A&M and this? These are 'garden variety' Officer shootings in a routine day. Not like a crazed serial shooter off to set records. However crazy it is to have to say it that way anymore...

It sure keeps people on edge when it sounds like the whole world has gone to shooting each other at the drop of a hat though, huh?

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
www.wafb.com...

LAPLACE, LA (WAFB) - Two sheriff's deputies were shot to death with an assault rifle early Thursday morning in what authorities are calling an ambush. Several suspects are in custody.

Sheriff Mike Tregre of St. John the Baptist Parish identified his fallen deputies as Brandon Nielsen, 34, and Jeremy Triche, 27. He said the other two deputies are in surgery and expected to survive.

Tregre said the initial shooting happened near Bayou Steel on LA 3217 in a Valero plant parking lot south of LaPlace around 5 a.m. Deputy Jason Triche was helping with traffic in the area when someone walked up to him and opened fire.

Tregre said a witness called to report a speeding vehicle on the highway and deputies ended up at a nearby trailer park to investigate. He added two responding deputieswere questioning two people about shooting when a third made his way outside through another door.

Tregre said Nielsen and Jeremy Triche were then shot to death by that third suspect in what he called an "ambush." A fourth deputy, identified as Michael Boyington II, was also wounded.

No other suspects on the loose.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Thats what I've been thinking. They report shootings like they're some new occurrence.
In most cases isnt this is usually reserved for local news?

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
There are so many versions of what happened. What we do know is that at least 3, maybe 4 or 5 suspects with AK-47s shot at officers in a parking lot of the Bayou Steel / Valero Refinery complex. At around 5:00 am.

My question is WTF? Why? Were they attempting to get in? Was it a routine traffic thing? I don't see how since they were apparently in the parking lot.

The possibility of gunmen at an industrial plant really concerns me... Hell, even people just driving around randomly with AK-47s kind of concerns me...

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Investigation turned over to State Police from St. John Parish Sheriff. Sheriff Tregre gives a more descriptive account:

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by zonetripper2065

I think you're on to something. It seems like more and more of these stories is making it into the limelight. Shootings are nothing new, they happen everyday (unfortunately). The media is bringing more and more of these forward, for what I believe is a call to arms for the anti-gun laws to get started. Because we all know if guns are outlawed, violence will end.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
So in this case the law enforcers were specifically targeted? Sounds like there could be some personal vendetta unlike the Batman shooting where as far as I know the shooter had no grudges with any of the victims?

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by KillerQueen

The possibility of gunmen at an industrial plant really concerns me... Hell, even people just driving around randomly with AK-47s kind of concerns me...

There are people driving around all the time with all kinds of firearms! Sometimes explosives too, and not all of these people are sober either, when I was in Kentucky and Missouri there was a lot of rural drunken gun shooting!

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Posted earlier here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

*Thread Closed*

Comprehensive 'Breaking Alternative News' Forum Posting Guidelines (Updated 4-15-11)
Reaffirming the "Breaking Alternative News" Forum

edit on Thu Aug 16 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

top topics

join