It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No One Will Charged With a Crime for the MF Global Collapse

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

I don't think not voting is the answer. I know that third parties are not candidates on every race, but I'm sure almost every state has someone other than Obama or Romney on the Presidential ticket. If everyone who doesn't normally vote, voted Libertarian, Green, Constitution, or orther, maybe that would make the point that we are pissed at the two-faced-one-party system we currently live under.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by jefwane

I don't think not voting is the answer. I know that third parties are not candidates on every race, but I'm sure almost every state has someone other than Obama or Romney on the Presidential ticket. If everyone who doesn't normally vote, voted Libertarian, Green, Constitution, or orther, maybe that would make the point that we are pissed at the two-faced-one-party system we currently live under.

Yep, you are right. When I looked into it, and found out that if no one votes then Congress makes the decision, I realized that was a no-go solution. We certainly don't want Congress to make that choice for us, they can barely keep their own business open!

So, write-ins it is. The alternative is, as you say, to write-in ANY other party .... or to write in "NONE OF THE ABOVE."

Now, if we ALL wrote in "NONE OF THE ABOVE"......we all did our civic duty, stepped up, and that is the message. Even so, I'm pretty sure they'd find a loophole to throw it out, and whoever they've already decided is the next POTUS will still be the next POTUS, ad infinitum.

It's a terrible situation.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by jefwane

You are probably right in why this isnt getting more attention. I remember reading about this months ago when the story broke on here and everyone was up in arms and furious that something like this was even possible. Now here we are just a vew months later finding out that no punishment will be handed out and very few people seem to notice.

Curse us and our short memories.

I have to agree with wildtimes on this though. How can I vote for either major party? We see it all the time on this site. People complain about the coruption of the system and immeditely turn around and start backing one of the 2 major canidates as if they are certain that either one will just swoop in and fix a the fundemental problems with our system. Its is frustrating to no end. Then to have news like this come though is just a kick in the teeth.

I am tired and I am frustrated. I see that the occupy movement was completely ignored and even laughed off as being worthless. These people do not respond to that type of movement. The more and more I think about it the more and more I think that this will have to come to violence before anything is done. History has shown that you can only push people so far. I seriously wonder how close we might be to something horrible breaking out.
edit on 17-8-2012 by underduck because: grammar

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Personally, I believe that soon any talk about the rejection of the political duopoly which constitutes the regime we live under will be called 'unpatriotic' or maybe even 'treasonous.'

I disagree with the notion that voting represents some kind of solution.

The duopoly offers only their own candidates... for their own reasons. If you are not a member of their club, you are marginalized, ignored, mocked, or simply crushed by their media hirelings.

I think the real challenge to these people is not to mess with the voting, but the electoral process. The protests need to be taken to the machinery that actually perpetuates the 'cookie-cutter' Ken and Barbie dolls they put forth. They tell us they care, and they are heroes, and they are successful, and they are more "worthy." As far as they are concerned they are, because their "candidate" will protect, nurture, and maintain the status quo that keeps the same people on the positive side of life.

They created a game... where only those who have been winning can win... and the rest are irrelevant.... until election season...then they put on a Hollywood-Madison Avenue-crafted show which keeps people cheer leading for the "party's" choice. They tell us who everyone likes.... not that it is true, but when the media tells you nothing but one or two things... chances are, you'll believe them.

The problem starts with the parties... the problem is the parties. They pretend to 'different' - but they are the same.. keep the same secrets, exploit everyone the same way, and use information to keep us from getting a foothold on the reality they have wrought upon us. They use soundtracks, soundbites, and marketing tactics to keep the illusion alive for them.

Meanwhile their sponsors, the economic "muscle" behind their glorious political careers, are coddled, catered to, and given every deference... even when they are part of a global racketeering scam that has been nearly unchecked for over a century.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
Personally, I believe that soon any talk about the rejection of the political duopoly which constitutes the regime we live under will be called 'unpatriotic' or maybe even 'treasonous.'

I disagree with the notion that voting represents some kind of solution.

Agreed. They already just use the media to laugh off any possibility of an outside force. It would surprise me one bit to see the notion that these individuals are somehow "unpatriotic".

I think the real challenge to these people is not to mess with the voting, but the electoral process. The protests need to be taken to the machinery that actually perpetuates the 'cookie-cutter' Ken and Barbie dolls they put forth. They tell us they care, and they are heroes, and they are successful, and they are more "worthy." As far as they are concerned they are, because their "candidate" will protect, nurture, and maintain the status quo that keeps the same people on the positive side of life.

I thought that is exactly what the occupy movement attempted to do. Put it right out infront of the business world door on wall street. What happened? The media simply crushed it from every possible angle they could. I work in a normal office setting surrounded by people in the same boat I am. Relatively comfortable middle class people who have to struggle for little ... now. However I was amazed at their response to the occupy movement and it was unanimous. "What are they even protesting? They cant agree. It's just a group of lazy hippies that dont want to work. I saw an interview with a kid that wanted the government to pay for his college."

They might as well have been sitting behind a news desk with some random MSM logo over their shoulder. They completely missed the point. These are the same people who debate back and forth over the difference between the 2 puppets up for election. When they ask me I just say that I dont plan to vote because I dont like either canidate at all. (I do censor myself at work because I do fear I am one questionable comment away from being on the chopping block.) I have, as I am sure many of you have, run into situations where our beliefs are not easily tolerated by people in the "real world".

The problem starts with the parties... the problem is the parties. They pretend to 'different' - but they are the same.. keep the same secrets, exploit everyone the same way, and use information to keep us from getting a foothold on the reality they have wrought upon us. They use soundtracks, soundbites, and marketing tactics to keep the illusion alive for them.

Meanwhile their sponsors, the economic "muscle" behind their glorious political careers, are coddled, catered to, and given every deference... even when they are part of a global racketeering scam that has been nearly unchecked for over a century.

How do we fight a five hundred-headed headed monster?

You attack the body. We have to figure out a way to attack the body and by that I mean that we have to find a way to cripple the system itself that they use to feed on the rest of us. I just dont know how that is done effectively and without things getting very ugly for everyone involved.
edit on 17-8-2012 by underduck because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-8-2012 by underduck because: formatting problem

top topics

<< 1   >>

join