It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stabbing deaths are the worst ever

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   
In the UK. Link

SIX people a week are stabbed to death on the streets of Broken Britain.

Latest figures show a shocking 332 fatalities in a year — the worst toll since records began.

London saw 86 killings in the 12 months to last March, up by a QUARTER on the previous year.

The latest figures show knife deaths have almost doubled in the last 30 years.

So what has happened in the past 30 years that could be related to this "highest ever" number of stabbings?

Naturally the political solution is to beat everyone with a hammer:

Shadow Home Affairs minister James Brokenshire urged automatic jail for knife possession. He said: “It may be harsh, but it is necessary.

“Lives are being lost and others ruined by Labour’s failure to deal with knife crime.”

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   
As with everything else: Simply taking away the "tools" they use will not stop them. We have to find out WHY they feel the need to stab people..

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Swizzy
As with everything else: Simply taking away the "tools" they use will not stop them. We have to find out WHY they feel the need to stab people..

That, being a real course of action, would never fly.

The same people who pound their desks over the fears of "terrorism" are the ones who shape crime policies.

It's all about the spooks. Spooks are handy for maintaining power and control so the last thing you want to do is get rid of them. Just hammer them hard with zero tolerance nonsense and long prison terms. It's win-win for them because not only to they get to perpetuate the problem in question but they also get to create a host of new problems to pretend to solve such as expanding the police state to search every crevasse for anything pointy or sharp and to institute new welfare measures to help all those new felons who cant find work or housing.

The last thing any politician or cop wants is a solution. They have jobs to keep.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   
After loosing one of my step kids to a stabbing I think it relates to the fact that there are no real consequences for these murderers actions.

I.E. comfy prison for several years after murdering someone does not deter these people.
Now if the punishment was more severe then yes it probably would make a difference.

Most of these degenerates commit murders knowing full well that they will get tried as a child (the age that the crime was committed at) and hence get a light sentence.

I am not saying bring back the death penalty or anything like that, but punishment these days does not fit the crime.

So I will sum up with a question, what gives the murderer the right to continue to breath, get married and have kids while my stepson rots in the ground just because he has served 'his time'?

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Shocking figures .
Absolutely horrific and completely unacceptable too.

Inequality.Poverty. Unemployment. Lack of opportunity and lack of love and community / family support are just a few of the key issues that are the root cause of knife crime in the UK.

This system is broken. Outdated. Obsolete.Not fit for purpose.

It's time for change.

We need a system that puts the well being of its citizens and the environment ahead of property and profit.

"Violence is not merely killing another. It is violence when we use a sharp word, when we make a gesture to brush away a person, when we obey because there is fear. So violence isn't merely organized butchery in the name of God, in the name of society or country. Violence is much more subtle, much deeper, and we are inquiring into the very depths of violence."

- J. Krishnamurti

edit on 16-8-2012 by MisterMiyagi because: spelling

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   
All this a nation that only allows small slip joint pocket knives. Are people using banned lock blade knives to commit these crimes? Just as criminals in UK use banned guns to commit their crimes. Interesting how violent crime increases in nations with strict laws controlling guns and now pocket knives.

Check out page after page of "knife crime" in the UK. Take away all knives and it will be beer bottle crimes or cricket bat crimes.

www.guardian.co.uk...

Of course the law abiding citizens are always left defenseless.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by MisterMiyagi

We need a system that puts the well being of its citizens and the environment ahead of property and profit.

I dont know what sort of motivations these people have for stabbing folks in the UK but over here murder is rarely about money or anything material or tangible.

It's always about some abstract nonsense such as "reputation" or "street cred".

Even the very well off act out violently and stupidly for these abstract values.

How does any system affect such a nonsensical and intangible quality?

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

So what has happened in the past 30 years that could be related to this "highest ever" number of stabbings?
In the UK, hasn't it been growing increasingly more and more difficult not only to acquire a gun permit, but also to maintain that permit?

Growing Population + Pain In The Ass to get a gun = More Stabbings.

I'm noticing a slight trend here:

Originally posted by Swizzy

As with everything else: Simply taking away the "tools" [color=FFE0A1]they use will not stop [color=FFE0A1]them. We have to find out WHY [color=FFE0A1]they feel the need to stab people..

Originally posted by diddy1234

I.E. comfy prison for several years after murdering someone does not deter [color=FFE0A1]these people.
Now if the punishment was more severe then yes it probably would make a difference.

I dont know what sort of motivations [color=FFE0A1]these people have for stabbing folks in the UK but over here murder is rarely about money or anything material or tangible.

There is no single specific type of person that could/would commit an act such as this. Yes, it is a specific act, but not an act that is only performed by a specific type of person. It is mostly dependent upon the situation.

Anybody can do it.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
synchronicity or what?I was just chatting to a friend via text about my first visit to the jobcentre on Tuesday.I was telling her about the knobs shouting out their "tales from jail" about stabbing this person or that person etc.her reply was along the lines of "how can they be proud of that behavior?"I would have blamed this on the dumbing down of the young generation but my friend is their generation.she gives me some hope for the young.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by MisterMiyagi

I dont know what sort of motivations these people have for stabbing folks in the UK but over here murder is rarely about money or anything material or tangible.

It's always about some abstract nonsense such as "reputation" or "street cred".

Even the very well off act out violently and stupidly for these abstract values.

How does any system affect such a nonsensical and intangible quality?

Reputation or " street cred " are all about feeling being respected. Right?

Lack of empathy and family / community support can effect people at every social level in society including the USA.

Dr James Gilligan worked with some of the worlds most dangerous criminals for almost 40 years. If you have time I highly recommend you listen to one or two of his lectures on YT.

new topics

top topics

join