It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Save Wardencylffe - Help Build the Nikola Tesla Museum

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Hey All,

I am in no way meaning to solicit funding for this project nor am I affiliated with this project (it's non-profit anyway!). But I do think that with all the Tesla Lovers on this forum, that this news should be brought to the ATS Crowd.

Currently there is a Indiegogo Non-Profit project with aims to buy the property where Wardencyffe Labaratory was built and turn it into a Nikola Tesla Museum.

Nikola Tesla Museum Project

Can we have a discussion about the possibilities of this project succeeding. Does anyone know more about the technical specifications of the Wardencylffe tower? Does the foundation or location on the planet it was built play a major role in the way it operates?

I think this will be great if the Internet can come together and make this happen.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   
of course the base plays a major part of the structure kodak own the land but the receving station is still there to this day look up nathan stubblefield many think he was brighter than tesla with earth energy

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Nick_X

A Tesla Museum on that site would be a National Landmark.

A Science Education Center for visiting students would be a boost to the local
Economy in that are as well.

Of course, we would have to rebuild the tower.
A Roger Waters Style Light System could be installed.

A Small stage could be built, and we could have a bank of Wireless
Moog Theremins Set up.

The Locals would go Bat # Crazy,

Honestly though, I will contribute to that endeavor just to see the shopping center plan shrivel.
edit on 16-8-2012 by Wildmanimal because: Add Content

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
This is an awesome project!

There doesn't seem to be a museum in the United States dedicated to him and that is truly horrible considering his contributions to humanity. I have done my part by getting a T-shirt and bumper sticker

Perhaps one day I will visit the museum I helped to create. The latest news story about it is almost 10 hours old and the project is already above a quarter of a million dollars. Yeah, we won't need 45 days to do this. If we don't have this done by the end of the week I will be surprised.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Thats exactly the kind of project we should be talking about.
Not sanctions or bombing someone really far..
Project that unite, help solidity culture to leave a manageable heritage, at least.

What about trying to build a pyramid? It was quite trendy back in the days.
Don't worry about the cost. Bombing countries is not a cheap business.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   
I saw the Oatmeal (comic writer) has set up another fundraiser for this. I think it's a good idea, most people know Thomas Edison stole many of his ideas from Tesla, it's just a shame Tesla worked for Edison at a time

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Why doesn't this have more flags? This purchase needs to bloody damn well happen!

Tesla was a humanitarian, and did what he did for the advancement of humankind. Once people recognize this by studying him closer they will understand the necessity of this purchase.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nick_X
Can we have a discussion about the possibilities of this project succeeding.
I know the Tesla vs. Edison story...they both made contributions to society, and somehow Edison ended up being more famous. Edison has a tiny 2-room museum at Menlo park, and the admission is free though they suggest a $5 donation. It's so modest it doesn't sound like an economic blockbuster.

But there are some possibilities for the Tesla museum...if they build a giant Tesla coil, that could be a lot of fun and draw a lot of people to the museum. This video might provide some ideas for the exhibit:

Fun with a Giant Tesla Coil

I suppose there would need to be a lot of attention paid to safety for the visitors, since it could be safe if designed well or dangerous if not. But who doesn't love a show of lightning bolts or the other cool stuff in that video?

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
The Tesla coil stuff is sooo cool. "Theft Protection".....AWESOME!!!!

I am sure the Money will be raised much sooner than the 45 days. Everyone knows now who Tesla is, it just seems a little late IMHO.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by hoochymama
The Tesla coil stuff is sooo cool. "Theft Protection".....AWESOME!!!!

I am sure the Money will be raised much sooner than the 45 days. Everyone knows now who Tesla is, it just seems a little late IMHO.
not everyone knowa who tesla was it shocks me when i ask people that even people of the 70 or 80 years age group do not know tesla .what a pity

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
museum?!?

The Man basicly invented our way of life (or sort of). A museum would make him turn in his grave, trust me.

What needs to be done is way bigger than that.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Ok,
I have turned the wagon and is all in for this, IF the project would be to try to finish his work.
NOT a goddamn MUSEUM (!!)
theoatmeal.com...

I know the guvnmnt already seized all of his previous work yada yada yada and the whole forum section here on ats called "aliens and ufo´s" (or whateva) is a direct outcome of that work.... WE NEED ENERGY!

...and you all know nuclear isnt the answer

Tesla had the answer. Unfortunately he died, lonely and without support of his ideas.

Museum? -No

Free energy? -Yes

top topics

join