It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's disgraceful actions addressed by SPECOPS community

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by shiropa
Special Operations? You mean those people who all had imaginary friends when they were young? Yeah, sure, those surely are some people capable of independent thought... no way in hell their handlers told them what to think...

Equating "spec ops"folks with people who ride the"short bus"?Spoken like somebody who has never served: real funny...

They are especially chosen and trained to operate and think independently to accomplish "their mission."

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bilk22
Finally, someone has gone to lengths to openly discuss the leaks that emanated from the White House in a short film that explains just what damage has been done and how much more difficult the job has become to protect this nation and it's interests against terrorism and extremism. The self-serving political reasons for disclosing the details of the Bin Laden killing by the White House are finally being addressed by those who are expert in the field of special operations and who have put life and limb on the line for this nation. If Obama has any real loyalty to this country, he'll demand that the Hollywood movie of Bin Laden's killing never sees the light of day.

Obama will do anything to remain in power.

That includes using the U.S. Military for his own political gain.

I'll be glad when November 7, 2012 gets here.

The restoration of America will begin on that day.

We have a lot of work to do.

President Mitt Romney will provide the leadership we require.
edit on 16-8-2012 by Eurisko2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
What is amusing to me is that people complain on ATS all the time about government secrets, hiding things from us.. and our right to know what's going on! .. but then leaks happen and people are in an uproar over it...

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by paxnatus

Please join the military and request to be deployed to Iraq or Iran should we enter WW3. Our military are killing innocent people everyday for the administration benefit. All in the name of oil and money. Unfortunately, this is a proven fact. We had no reason to fight in another country whom have never done ant harm to us.

America is protected by the Constitution, so what are the military fighting for? There are no terrorist against us, its always been between countries on the other side of the world because of.... Want to guess??

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus
What is amusing to me is that people complain on ATS all the time about government secrets, hiding things from us.. and our right to know what's going on! .. but then leaks happen and people are in an uproar over it...

We do not have the right to know what Seal Team 6 is up to.

All questions regarding our Special Operations should be answered " No comment."

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
There is a lot people do not understand here. Seemingly, politics have changed so much in the past sixty years that nothing is what it seems. Yes, "controlled releases," or "leaks," can run amok, but the intent can be so insidious that you may never know who has released and what their motives are. I'm not pro-Obama, but the White House is an easy target. It's easy to get former Spec-Ops folks to speak out against such leaks and condemn the current Administration for perceived leaks. But what people are not paying attention to is the fact that these "releases" and "leaks" are after-action missions or operations. Yes, it is a tenuous year because of an upcoming election, so what, expect the worse from the candidates, and especially the sitting POTUS. So what. That's politics. Anyone who isn't awake to that fact needs a reality check. We don't really live in a democracy, more like a democrazy! Your freedoms are self-perceived, based upon hundred year-old ideals that are no longer relevant. You want freedom? Go live somewhere else. That's just the stark reality. As a former operator I can tell you tactics change. We haven't given up anything on National Security. And these former operators that go on television, well most of them were Spec Ops during the 1960's, or the later are now working for right-wing conservative private defense contractors. They're making big money working for Lockheed, Raytheon, CACI, Academi, etc. Hell, Black Water had to change their name three times and pay out millions of dollars in fines for illegal activities, gun running, etc. And these are the guys that go on television and start crap up. Go figure. Let's not forget the National Security breech when Valerie Plame's deep cover was blown by Libby. She had been a State Department/CIA asset for over 20 years. Bush took care of his sentence for his crimes. WTF. What remains classified is 50 years ahead of what we're currently producing so there is no threat to national security. When push comes to shove Truman dropped multiple atomic weapons on Japan. Obama has surprised everyone what a war monger he has been, and continuing policies from the Bush Administration. Despite diffcult economic and financial times, when push comes to shove, the United States still has the largest stockpile or strategic nuclear weapons.

Like Russia and China, our subs are strategically positioned to end the world as we know it. All the plans are in place for such a contingency. We did it before. We'll do it again. The Manhanttan Project was infiltrated by the Russians, potentially compromising National Security. Where was the repurcussion there? In fact, probably the only reason we're all still here is that they did infiltrate this project and produce their own nukes, guaranteeing a stalemate. Best outcome you can hope for. Pretty much eliminated the chance of ever having a nuclear WWIII. It would have been pointless.

Whether democrat or republican they are only concerned with themselves and whats in their best interest, which is usually not in our best interest. The division between the two parties is fading fast. Partisan politics have gone by the waist side. If you really believe at the end of the day they care about who marries who, or who has an abortion that you're just naive. They have excellent polls, and even better speech writers. Both parties are laughing at the end of the day at us, all sharing that same bottle of expensive scotch.
edit on 16-8-2012 by Cosmic911 because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-8-2012 by Cosmic911 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Need remnd you all that OPSEC s the very mndset that has allowed, even brought ths country so close to tyrany......all these secrets.......the Mltary ndustral complexhas usurped the goverment of the people.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
And don't forget SOCOM has gotten as big as the DOD itself. And then on top of that you have the intelligence community that has gotten just as big as the DOD working through the DHS. So the DOD budget has gone up how many fold. Then you have DHS going up how many folds. And then last but not least the SOCOM bydget has gone up how many folds. Aand the budgets are hidden every where except the DOD budget. DHS can't touch it because its a golden cow. The DOD can't touch it because its a golden cow. SOCOM you can't even talk about it because its a secret golden cow. USAID you can't touch it because its a golden cow after the DOD hid half there books on it after Obama put the wars on the books. Slight of hand move the money befor you say here look at the books if you want.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Sometimes I think the objective in these threads
is to get the word "disgraceful" next to Obama's name.
And how "state secrets" were lost is just an excuse.

Certainly if G Bush jr. would have "got him" (to use his admins language)
we would have never heard a word about it. Not a peep about how right?

Except maybe landing on an aircraft carrier in a flight suit and cod piece
with a giant flag in the back ground with a story board.
Not to mention a movie with 3 sequels that would have already aired on FX,
on just how they "got him".Maybe they'd use George seniors favorite movie of all time as the template?
Delta Force with Chuck Norris?

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

Originally posted by miniatus

We do not have the right to know what Seal Team 6 is up to.

All questions regarding our Special Operations should be answered " No comment."

Agree! you can argue/speculate all you want over: "Nibiru; nephiliam ; reptillians and two suns; but the specops guys are dodging real bullets on any common Tuesday. They have a vested right to all the surprise and secrecy we can afford them. and unlike Mr. "I killed bin laden" They've served and earned it.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848
And don't forget SOCOM has gotten as big as the DOD itself. And then on top of that you have the intelligence community that has gotten just as big as the DOD working through the DHS. So the DOD budget has gone up how many fold. Then you have DHS going up how many folds. And then last but not least the SOCOM bydget has gone up how many folds. Aand the budgets are hidden every where except the DOD budget. DHS can't touch it because its a golden cow. The DOD can't touch it because its a golden cow. SOCOM you can't even talk about it because its a secret golden cow. USAID you can't touch it because its a golden cow after the DOD hid half there books on it after Obama put the wars on the books. Slight of hand move the money befor you say here look at the books if you want.

"Jsoc" (joint special operations command: IS A" major command" under the dod.and receives funding with in the dod budget. Just as the spec ops units are individually funded by their branches; Airforce pararescue/ airforce; delta/ army; seals/Navy; Marine recon/Navy....

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
The video is political spam. The guys that created it share an office with two Republican consulting firms in Alexandria

edit on 16-8-2012 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Classic no win scenario.

No details are released and the screams are... "Wheres the transparency!!!???"

Details get released and the screams are ... "Traitor!!"

The polarized and easily distracted nature of the American public continues to assert itself. We must always ask ourselves, who has the most to "gain" (money, power, influence) from this arrangement.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
sorry but this is one instance where it needs to be said - this orginization is not the troops it supports some and they in this case represent a minority opinion - they had 8 years to get the guy and the head of sof wanted to bomb the compound and hope they got him - obama pushed for boots and confirmation - he did it to ensure we got him and he explained it to america so we would believe it and so he could get the recognition his actions deserve.
edit on 16-8-2012 by circuitsports because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   

The self-serving political reasons for disclosing the details of the Bin Laden killing by the White House are finally being addressed by those who are expert in the field of special operations and who have put life and limb on the line for this nation.

They could make it into a fictional and emotional rollercoaster, like United 93. An insult to the actual victims in continuing a lie by the true perpetrators; disgusting.

Just like the myth about Bin Laden being killed in 2011.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Obama certainly had an agenda to release such information at the time and of course its for political gain. (I know its a different story, but the people outside of the WH cheering the night he made the announcement? lol.) What many people fail to understand is that Bin Laden was already dead. He died in December 2001 from kidney failure. So for Obama to release such information means nothing because no one is at risk, so he thought. If the military is questioning the administration, like "really, did it happen?" or maybe if they did kill "Bin Laden" it was a imposter. So its possible those involved who may have known the truth - could have been murdered.

As one of the poster commented, I am sure these individuals in the video were supported by the Republicans, no doubt. My ex is a former CIA and he never made public his mention that he worked for CIA. His brother is a retired navy seal and they both never discussed their occupation simply because they knew that people would question them. They were at risk, and I am not to asking for any sympathy, my ex was murdered because of his involvement in XXXXX and his attempt to release the truth. I can not discuss any further (partially because this happened long after our relationship ended and I don't have the details), but you get the idea of what I am referring to.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
" Daniel 7
New International Version (NIV)
Daniel’s Dream of Four Beasts

1 In the first year of Belshazzar king of Babylon, Daniel had a dream, and visions passed through his mind as he was lying in bed. He wrote down the substance of his dream.

2 Daniel said: “In my vision at night I looked, and there before me were the four winds of heaven churning up the great sea. 3 Four great beasts, each different from the others, came up out of the sea.

4 “The first was like a lion, and it had the wings of an eagle. I watched until its wings were torn off and it was lifted from the ground so that it stood on two feet like a human being, and the mind of a human was given to it.

5 “And there before me was a second beast, which looked like a bear. It was raised up on one of its sides, and it had three ribs in its mouth between its teeth. It was told, ‘Get up and eat your fill of flesh!’

6 “After that, I looked, and there before me was another beast, one that looked like a leopard. And on its back it had four wings like those of a bird. This beast had four heads, and it was given authority to rule.

7 “After that, in my vision at night I looked, and there before me was a fourth beast—terrifying and frightening and very powerful. It had large iron teeth; it crushed and devoured its victims and trampled underfoot whatever was left. It was different from all the former beasts, and it had ten horns.

8 “While I was thinking about the horns, there before me was another horn, a little one, which came up among them; and three of the first horns were uprooted before it. This horn had eyes like the eyes of a human being and a mouth that spoke boastfully.

9 “As I looked,

“thrones were set in place,
and the Ancient of Days took his seat.
His clothing was as white as snow;
the hair of his head was white like wool.
His throne was flaming with fire,
and its wheels were all ablaze.
10 A river of fire was flowing,
coming out from before him.
Thousands upon thousands attended him;
ten thousand times ten thousand stood before him.
The court was seated,
and the books were opened.11 “Then I continued to watch because of the boastful words the horn was speaking. I kept looking until the beast was slain and its body destroyed and thrown into the blazing fire. 12 (The other beasts had been stripped of their authority, but were allowed to live for a period of time.)

13 “In my vision at night I looked, and there before me was one like a son of man,[a] coming with the clouds of heaven. He approached the Ancient of Days and was led into his presence. 14 He was given authority, glory and sovereign power; all nations and peoples of every language worshiped him. His dominion is an everlasting dominion that will not pass away, and his kingdom is one that will never be destroyed.

The Interpretation of the Dream

15 “I, Daniel, was troubled in spirit, and the visions that passed through my mind disturbed me. 16 I approached one of those standing there and asked him the meaning of all this.

“So he told me and gave me the interpretation of these things: 17 ‘The four great beasts are four kings that will rise from the earth. 18 But the holy people of the Most High will receive the kingdom and will possess it forever—yes, for ever and ever.’

19 “Then I wanted to know the meaning of the fourth beast, which was different from all the others and most terrifying, with its iron teeth and bronze claws—the beast that crushed and devoured its victims and trampled underfoot whatever was left. 20 I also wanted to know about the ten horns on its head and about the other horn that came up, before which three of them fell—the horn that looked more imposing than the others and that had eyes and a mouth that spoke boastfully. 21 As I watched, this horn was waging war against the holy people and defeating them, 22 until the Ancient of Days came and pronounced judgment in favor of the holy people of the Most High, and the time came when they possessed the kingdom.

23 “He gave me this explanation: ‘The fourth beast is a fourth kingdom that will appear on earth. It will be different from all the other kingdoms and will devour the whole earth, trampling it down and crushing it. 24 The ten horns are ten kings who will come from this kingdom. After them another king will arise, different from the earlier ones; he will subdue three kings. 25 He will speak against the Most High and oppress his holy people and try to change the set times and the laws. The holy people will be delivered into his hands for a time, times and half a time.

26 “‘But the court will sit, and his power will be taken away and completely destroyed forever. 27 Then the sovereignty, power and greatness of all the kingdoms under heaven will be handed over to the holy people of the Most High. His kingdom will be an everlasting kingdom, and all rulers will worship and obey him.’

28 “This is the end of the matter. I, Daniel, was deeply troubled by my thoughts, and my face turned pale, but I kept the matter to myself.”
edit on 16-8-2012 by ResearchEverything777 because: add number

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
There are over 100,000 documented civilian deaths from the beginning of the war in Iraq. What number constitutes genocide in your mind? Does it need to be a million, or a certain percentage of a countries population? Even if the numbers are grossly inaccurate just how many women and children need to die for it to be genocide. These are not enemy combatants, but people like you just going about your daily routine. And what of Afghanistan, we are re empowering the tali-ban.

Soldiers are dying because of men in the government playing political games, and feeding their corporate interests.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
The more the people know, the better. Too much has been pushed on the American people in the name of "intelligence" and it needs to stop. That is what has gotten us little gems like the patriot act...which does not deserve to be capitalized.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 04:46 AM
link   
This nothing more than GOProp in my opinion. Afterall, they are the most prolific demagogues of our time.

I can think of a few good reasons why they'd want to demonize Obama w/military. Certainly, this viewpoint is not shared among all curent and former service members.

This snopes entry sheds a little insight on the lack of credibility of the claims made by Benjamin Smith.
www.snopes.com...

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join