It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Julian Assange: UK issues 'threat' to arrest Wikileaks founder

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Well Well the Brits have the law with them now it seems, how convenient eh?
It's time to sail to high seas for mr Assange before it's too late, he's been warned

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by themaster1

Straight to the USofA, if the Police and corrupt goverment NWO scum get there way me thinks!

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk
NO, they are chasing a man who is innocent!!
Wait untill its your turn and you might not make a joke about it.

It does beg the question that if he is innocent, then why not just go to Sweden to face the charges? They only want to bloody question him anyway. I know he fears extradition to the US, but surely he knew the risks when leaking Top Secret info, whether it was perceived to be for the greater good or not. If he had dealt with this like a grown up, instead of playing cat and mouse, he could have got guarantees from the Swedes.

If they let him get away to Ecuador, it sets a precedent that anyone accused of a crime could then go running to a foreign embassy for "protection".

I will also point out that the lying about wearing a condom "law" is a Swedish one, not a UK one, before anyone gets the wrong idea.

Also, pretty much every country on Earth will have laws in place that allow them to shut down Embassies, revoke their status etc. China entered the UK Embassy earlier this year to retrieve that Chief of Police that did a runner. Embassies may be "Sovereign", but only as far as the host country allows it.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   

It does beg the question that if he is innocent, then why not just go to Sweden to face the charges? They only want to bloody question him anyway. I know he fears extradition to the US, but surely he knew the risks when leaking Top Secret info, whether it was perceived to be for the greater good or not. If he had dealt with this like a grown up, instead of playing cat and mouse, he could have got guarantees from the Swedes.
reply to post by stumason

I have to honestly say I cannot blame him one bit, the very fact the British government are going to break the one true international sacrosanct laws to arrest someone for not wearing a condom, I mean come on, cannot you not see this is nothing to do with getting an Australian back to Sweden for condom faking, it is absolutely obvious there is something much deeper going on. They have every right to open fire on anyone forcing their way into the embassy, it is deemed their soil. it is like invading Ecuador it is outrageous they would even contemplate this.

Oh and for those thinking he could never leave the embassy you are wrong, they will have limousines with diplomatic plate. they can crate him and label it diplomatic mail, or just drive the diplomatic car to the airport and put him on a diplomatic aircraft. How do you think the Brits and the Americans got defectors out of Berlin during the cold war?

That teh British government would contemplate this sickens me, I grew up being proud to be British, now every day I become more and more ashamed, disgusting, I hope Ecuador stand their ground on this I really do

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by PrinceDreamer

Wrong on several counts.

It isn't an international law, merely "convention". For reference, it is the Vienna Convention on Diplomatic Relations.

The Embassy remains the property of the host nation, according to the Convention it doesn't belong in any way to the nation occupying it.

The Embassy is obliged to follow local laws, even if the Diplomats themselves are immune from prosecution, but they could find themselves all declared PNG and removed themselves..

Assange is fleeing bail and has broken his bail conditions, ergo he is breaking local law and the Embassy is assisting him in doing so. On that note, we have a "local law" which allows us to revoke the privileged status of an Embassy in such situations.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I think it's about time JA placed his card on the table and started making some peoples lives a misery.

He has nothing to lose.

It's high noon my friend.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

even if Assange is granted asylum, which he has not been

He was, and this is why they are issuing this threat. He was granted immunity just recently.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Yep end of the line for Mr assange...straight of to the US of nazis.

the worst country in the world......a place full of BS and people alike.....I think the world should turn on the US..stop trading, talking and even acknowledging the US.

Lock up its citizens in any country they are found......for trespassing....the sooner the world makes it uncomfortable for US citizens the sooner these cowards might fight back against their government.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy06shake
So lets get this straight, he did not rape the girl, he just lied about using a jimmy hat? If thats breaking the law i have been guilty a good few times myself and im sure there's a few million other people out there in the same boat!

I hope he somehow gets away, i would harbour him in an instant. This mans only crime is letting us know what "They" dont want you too!
edit on 15-8-2012 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

Actually he did use a condom, but it broke inside her vagina, and she(the "victim") suspects he damaged the condom beforehand to intentoinally have it break inside her, to get her pregnant/give her a disease or something. That is what this is all about, and she even admits herself she just wanted him to get a STD test from the beginning, only when he refused this test did she report him to the authoroties here in Sweden, which are doing their best to blow this whole thing out of proportion in order to gather some attention from the world. Yes, it is that sad. And yes i read through all evidence as well as the full documentation from all the interrogations already, in swedish, since im a swede myself. Almost ashamed to be Swedish over this, TBH.
edit on 15-8-2012 by NeoVain because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk

Julian Assange: UK issues 'threat' to arrest Wikileaks founder

www.bbc.co.uk

The UK has issued a "threat" to enter the Ecuadorian embassy in London to arrest Julian Assange, Ecuador's foreign minister has said.

"If the measure announced in the British official communication is enacted, it will be interpreted by Ecuador as an unacceptable, unfriendly and hostile act and as an attempt against our sovereignty. It would force us to respond," he said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

If a third country wants to give him refuge one would think the brits would be glad to see the back of him. Just goes to show they are getting desperate to get him to the U.S

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

Very interesting slant on the subject.

I did not know that.

Mountain out of a mole hill anyone?

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I have no dog in this fight...but I'll have a whole new take on this guy if he is already gone. I doubt that is possible...but would have been an incredible move.

He gets asylum, they'll likely move-in. Just my take -- no proof...

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
personally i wish he'd just release everything and be done with it. sick of the corrupt uk authorities that think it's ok to persecute him. the usa, and the uk, are utterly out of order in this matter. i'm disgusted to be british these days.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
He was, and this is why they are issuing this threat. He was granted immunity just recently.

No, he hasn't been granted "immunity" in the slightest.

An announcement on his status as an Asylum seeker is due today, they have not made the decision public as of yet.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyteeny

FYI, it's got bog all to do with us (the UK).

He is fleeing from Sweden, refuses to go an and answer charges (which could all turn out to be a big nothing anyway) and a Euro arrest warrant was issued. The UK authorities are obliged to arrest said individual and hand him over to the country where the warrant was issued. We are not handing him to the US, we are not doing anything with the US, we are simply trying to ship him back to Sweden to face the charges brought against him.

Jesus, if this was a kiddy fiddler or he hadn't released some embarrassing cables, none of you would be defending him at all. It's only because he's seen to be some folk-hero (and he isn't) that you're all jumping up and down screaming "nazi's" and other BS...

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by andy06shake

they're is spelt as such. Not there.

Just sayin'

As for this drama. It's insane. I cannot believe they are going to these lengths to get him and it is yet more evidence that he has something on them. Or he has something that the people pulling the strings behind most governments don't want him to release.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
reply to post by ladyteeny

Jesus, if this was a kiddy fiddler or he hadn't released some embarrassing cables, none of you would be defending him at all. It's only because he's seen to be some folk-hero (and he isn't) that you're all jumping up and down screaming "nazi's" and other BS...

But isnt that exactly the point stu?
He's not a kiddie fidler, he's not a rapist, a murderer, hell he isnt even a thief, yet your government has been FORCED to submit to extradition.
And lets not be daft, extradition to Sweden is code for '' extradition to the USA '' lets not pretend this isnt the truth eh?

The fact of the matter is, a young women slept with this man, she was so head over heals for him, she even returned the next morning with breakfast. Long after this event occurred, she has ''unwillingly'' agreed with Swedish authorities that he must return to answer questions over a 'broken condom'......

Is this really extradition worthy?

The ONLY reason he's being extradited is because he has information the US government wants kept secret.
And they are using every dark trick in the book to make sure he' stays quiet.

The sad part, is the UK government, (the same UK that once ruled the world) has to bend down to the US demands.

Forcing your way into the embassy of another country, just so you can put on a dog a pony show to send Assange to Sweden... and you have the balls to say it has nothing to do with the USA?

You know yesterday in Australia a Nazi who murdered many people in Hungary won a court case allowing him to remain in Australia and not be extradited.

Mass murdering Nazi, Vs a IT hacker with US secrets in his head.

you tell me who should be extradited?

edit on 16-8-2012 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I discussed this issue with my friend the other day and we were wondering how it was that a move has not been moved on him already, either for arrest or even assassination. The reason that we can come up with is that he has held a few bombshells close to his chest, that, should he ever come to harm by TPTB, he will flood the whole world with everything hes got. Rumours abound when we searched on line about what he may have up his sleeve. He may have a will if hes taken out maliciously or have friends, like sleeper cells ready to go should he go down. The most likely stuff he has would be:

1: Guantanimo Bay torturing
2: Warmongering in the middle east
3: Assassination attempt documents
4: UFO technologies
5: Future policy issues (NWO)
6: Stargate stuff
7: Religious hostorical secrets that could knock everything over
8: Spy identities.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk
Thanks for the oppertunity to repeat that J A is innocent

I wouldn't say that. He could be guilty as said in the media. However the offense is so minor that to issue EAW based upon that is bull#. To detain someone +500days without charge is bs. To detain someone in communicato for unknown period of time is bs.
Swedish "authorities" are BS.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join