It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it possible to have flowing water on mars?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I'll post some of my favorites.

www.marsanomalyresearch.com...

If you read the article and that he noticed the photo tampering that was evident and inverted it, this was the result.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Even according to NASA there is evidence of this:

Evidence of Liquid Water Flowing on Mars

I'm sure there is somewhere on Mars liquid running water. We really know very little even though we know so much.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

If NASA openly edits photos for media consumption it's automatically some form of heresy and proves a 'conspiracy'. If some loon edits photos on a conspiracy website it suddenly becomes acceptable and highlights NASA's deficiencies? What gives?

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by James1982
reply to post by youwillneverknow

LOL!!!

Now I feel like a total dummy. Just a reference picture, got it
Now you can imagine the shock I felt looking at that pic, thinking it was on Mars. I didn't understand why more people weren't freaking out about that pic. Well, now I know. Because other people aren't as dumb as me.

At least I know my skills on identifying rivers are up to snuff.

I think I deserve a few people laughing at me after that one.
edit on 15-8-2012 by James1982 because: (no reason given)

Publicly owning up to a monumental cock-up is a rare and precious thing. We all make (many in my case) mistakes. Knowing and acknowledging when you're wrong is simply manning up to it. S&F.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by all2human
Yes,there is evidence that suggest that there was and quite possibly still is water on Mars
edit on 15-8-2012 by all2human because: (no reason given)

Was it water or was it some element that was in liquid form?

I remember seeing this as a topic of discussion however I thought they decided it was liquid but not necessarily water.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
lol they should have taken some water up with the rover, and poured it out, then they would have water flowing on mars

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by foxyflats

WOW ! I believe there is water on mars those are amazing photos. Even if they found water or any sign of life would nasa really let us know about it.. There are a few really cool articles about mars on www.silearth.com... I really enjoy reading articles like this, I am so tired of the gloom and doom articles I see all of the time.

A belief in water on Mars is no longer required. It has already been proven. However, it is locked under the surface in ice. Unfortuantely, the martian atmosphere doesn't allow for liquid water on the surface for any prolonged period ,because of the very low pressure - it boils away almost instantly. So NASA has already let you 'know about it'!

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Yes..and at one time, Nasa appeared to announce it...

asymptotia.com...

edit on 15-8-2012 by BomSquad because: tried to embed the image using "img" tag, and got an external image tag instead...which I thought was "im"...I must be doing something wrong...

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by BomSquad

Right. NASA and other scientists think if that was water flowing down that cliff-face, then it may have been a muddy slurry, which would have kept if from boiling away immediately under the low atmospheric pressures.

Even on Earth, water requires a certain level of atmospheric pressure to stay liquid -- or else it would boil away, even at comfortable Earth temperatures. The air pressure is usually too low on mars to allow for liquid water to stay viable for extended periods, but if it is muddy, the liquid water is somewhat protected from the low pressures.

That could be what is happening with the water in that image -- but it is also possible that stuff flowing down the cliff-face wasn't water at all, but very fine powdery silt (which can sometimes flow like water).

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
Why yes it is.

A list of water evidence from mars photographs.

And analysis of photos show evidence that there was photo tampering, and when you correct them, voila, real water.

A lot of photo tampering takes place by NASA.

You put your finger in the blooding wound, my friend.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   

I dont know if it matched water (H2O) on EA*RTH but MARS (Aries) may have some fluids as well.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   

There were rivers in the past. The air pressure is not high enough for there to be a river on mars. Liquid on the surface is rare and temporary. However, there is frozen water underneath the mantle and in the polar caps. Water erosion was found in craters too.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Curiosity's landing site was selected because scientists believe that Gale crater may have once contained a lake. The rover will search for evidence of sedimentary deposits left behind as the lake dried up, and examine the possibility that it once harbored life.

Any evidence of past or present Martian life forms (even microbes), or liquid water, would be a boon to NASA because such a discovery would undoubtedly lead to increased funding for planetary exploration.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowhawk
Curiosity's landing site was selected because scientists believe that Gale crater may have once contained a lake. The rover will search for evidence of sedimentary deposits left behind as the lake dried up, and examine the possibility that it once harbored life.

Any evidence of past or present Martian life forms (even microbes), or liquid water, would be a boon to NASA because such a discovery would undoubtedly lead to increased funding for planetary exploration.

Which life form do you think would most likely be discovered?

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by DLRfan13

Originally posted by Shadowhawk

Which life form do you think would most likely be discovered?

I think the most likely kind of life form is micro-organisms - but i would love to think that a form of reptile of something similar could be found :-)

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Give some thought to why there are broken rocks everywhere.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel
Give some thought to why there are broken rocks everywhere.

movement caused by water currents?

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by youwillneverknow
movement caused by water currents?

In that case they should be round, or at least have round edges. I think the reason is something that also happens on Earth, the expansion and contraction caused by the difference in temperatures from day to night, summer to winter.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99

Those "forests" never looked like forests to me, as they look flat, and the newer, high resolution photos show that this is the case, whatever that may be, they are not trees.

If you read the article and that he noticed the photo tampering that was evident and inverted it, this was the result.

He didn't notice the photo tampering, he created the idea of photo tampering because that's the only way his theory is possible.

He didn't notice that those "depressions" are not really depressions, they are the opposite of depressions, as they are small mesas. Another thing about the "lakes", you will notice that they are almost all close to the poles, so even if they were once lakes they are now frozen.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join