It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sweet dreams are made of these...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
It is thought that a human being, is a subjective perspective of their consciousness,

humans exist in a 3d reality with a 4th dimension of time ( the stuff of reality does not stand still, it moves and changes, this is called time)...

How many dimensions are contained in the subjectively and consciously experienced realities of dreams? ( not alternate universe dimensions... but spatial and temporal dimension)

What are dreams constructed or composed of? ( are the people and buildings you may see in dreams composed of particles?)

edit on 15-8-2012 by ImaFungi because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaFungi

( are the people and buildings you may see in dreams composed of particles?)

LOL Everything you wrote before this line might as well have been in alien language. I have NO idea what you wrote. However, the quote I left is awesome! Great question!

I'm getting ready to watch a documentary on 'Why Do We Dream?" Maybe it'll have an answer.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Ill check it out as well,, but looking forward to any answers you may have after watching it..

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   

It is thought that a human being is a subjective perspective of consciousness which exists in a 3d reality with a 4th dimension of time ( the stuff of reality does not stand still, it moves and changes, this is called time)...

How many dimensions, are the subjectively and consciously experienced realities of dreams? ( not alternate universe dimensions... but spatial and temporal dimension)

What are dreams constructed or composed of? ( are the people and buildings you may see in dreams composed of particles?)

Tough questions. Of course, we can only speculate.

I would wager—and this is a layman's guess—that dreams are comprised of numerous events. REM shows that when brain activity is high, they are somehow affecting the eye, which would leave one to assume that the imagery in dreams is still "seen" by the eyes and sound by the ears. I would guess the same happens to all sensations and emotions experienced in dreams as the brain is never disconnected from the rest of the body (hence sleep walking, talking in sleep, real sounds manifesting in dreams etc.).

Since dreams happen to us physically, involve our whole body, never occur outside of a body, and only happen to us when we are asleep, we must then assume that dreams are physiological.

We must also assume that dreams don't come from another dimension. They are happening in this one and thus are a part of this one.

Since dreams are not an object, but an event or an effect, we might say that dreams are not comprised of particles, even though the causes would be. I don't think the imagined building in one's dream is still a building, but an event, and in no need of particles.

Great topic. Fun to speculate on.

edit on 15-8-2012 by LesMisanthrope because: grammar

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaFungi

Dreams are made of thoughts surely
It is possible to be fully conscious in dream

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Some of them want to use you
Some of them want to get used by you
Some of them want to abuse you
Some of them want to be abused.

@sinny beat me to it

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   

It is thought that a human being, is a subjective perspective of their consciousness,

humans exist in a 3d reality with a 4th dimension of time ( the stuff of reality does not stand still, it moves and changes, this is called time)...

How many dimensions are contained in the subjectively and consciously experienced realities of dreams? ( not alternate universe dimensions... but spatial and temporal dimension)

Just my opinion in a nutshell of course :
innumerous spatial and temporal "dimensions" or realities and first we have to determine what thought is and if conscious thought is composed of a different "material" than unconscious. If thought is energy, which I tend to believe it is, then dreams are composed of energy. Like temporary reality tulpas of the inner mind/ subconscious mind and dissipate.. into the pool of stuff we drew it from in the first place.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Energy or power is destructive if not tempered with Intelligence
Energy is matter and matter is energy - What we term as Energy or Power is matter in a highly refined state.
The Soul is made of matter, matter that can be refined

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by LesMisanthrope

It is thought that a human being is a subjective perspective of consciousness which exists in a 3d reality with a 4th dimension of time ( the stuff of reality does not stand still, it moves and changes, this is called time)...

How many dimensions, are the subjectively and consciously experienced realities of dreams? ( not alternate universe dimensions... but spatial and temporal dimension)

Tough questions. Of course, we can only speculate.

I would wager—and this is a layman's guess—that dreams are comprised of numerous events. REM shows that when brain activity is high, they are somehow affecting the eye, which would leave one to assume that the imagery in dreams is still "seen" by the eyes and sound by the ears. I would guess the same happens to all sensations and emotions experienced in dreams as the brain is never disconnected from the rest of the body (hence sleep walking, talking in sleep, real sounds manifesting in dreams etc.).

Since dreams happen to us physically, involve our whole body, never occur outside of a body, and only happen to us when we are asleep, we must then assume that dreams are physiological.

We must also assume that dreams don't come from another dimension. They are happening in this one and thus are a part of this one.

Since dreams are not an object, but an event or an effect, we might say that dreams are not comprised of particles, even though the causes would be. I don't think the imagined building in one's dream is still a building, but an event, and in no need of particles.

Great topic. Fun to speculate on.

edit on 15-8-2012 by LesMisanthrope because: grammar

your comment regarding "seeing" dreams with the eyes is interesting,,, and made me think that our memories are mini symbols composed of some kind of light atomically etched into some membrane,, and progjected with mini lights ( neuron synapses,, and brain waves possibly?) back from the brain into the eyes like projecting the captured memory onto the viewing surface of the eyes,,, and perhaps this same effect takes during waking state imagination,, retrieving memories, emotions, data, from your brain, and projecting it on some part of the sensons on the inside of your eye,,,,,, maybe this can be why the image flips in the brain,.,.,.,.,,

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Dreams are made of light, the light of consciousness.
It is the same light that is appearing presently.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

Dreams are made of light, the light of consciousness.
It is the same light that is appearing presently.

Interesting perspective.

The light that is appearing now is starlight from the Sun or reflected starlight/sunlight from the Moon and planets plus other distant stars .

Yet without consciousness we would not be aware of this light.
What is within the light of a star? What is the prime cause that manifests light or sound.
Indeed what is the source or cause that brought the Cosmos into being.
I think it is Consciousness.

This Consciousness or Higher Intelligence is instilled within what we are as beings - It is not the body which is mortal - It is that which can manipulate denser matter for good or ill.

Dreams are like a theatre of consciousness in this respect and can show us things/situations in a way that the Earth fixed reality can not

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by artistpoet

The light does not come from the sun. The light you see in dreams has no physical sun. Because you are there, there is light.
Lift a rock and I am there, split a piece of wood and I am there. The presence of 'I am' is the presence of you and no light can appear without your presence. You are the light of consciousness.
You shine the light and you see the light.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 04:23 AM
link   
If we have a dream in which we create an alternate reality....Does the alternate reality stay ...Or does it simply fade away during the awakening from the dream.
Once the dream reality has been made....will your alter self be able to survive in the construct?.
edit on 043131p://f23Thursday by plube because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 04:31 AM
link   

The light does not come from the sun. The light you see in dreams has no physical sun. Because you are there, there is light.
Lift a rock and I am there, split a piece of wood and I am there. The presence of 'I am' is the presence of you and no light can appear without your presence. You are the light of consciousness.

Light does indeed come from the Sun regarding your statement "The light we see presently"
I am presently awake and it is daytime and I am not dreaming - Though in a poetic sense this life could be said to be as dream from which the soul will awaken.
Consciousness or awareness from A Universal perspective - sure nothing could exist without it.
Yet I am not the whole of all that is - I am an individual soul and connected to the bigger Soul if you like
We each have our own way

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by plube
If we have a dream in which we create an alternate reality....Does the alternate reality stay ...Or does it simply fade away during the awakening from the dream.
Once the dream reality has been made....will your alter self be able to survive in the construct?.
edit on 043131p://f23Thursday by plube because: (no reason given)

I think Dream is like theatre or film even.
Are films real is the play real?

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by artistpoet

Light does indeed come from the Sun regarding your statement "The light we see presently"
I am presently awake and it is daytime and I am not dreaming - Though in a poetic sense this life could be said to be as dream from which the soul will awaken.
Consciousness or awareness from A Universal perspective - sure nothing could exist without it.
Yet I am not the whole of all that is - I am an individual soul and connected to the bigger Soul if you like
We each have our own way

This is the belief that keeps you separate.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 04:41 AM
link   

The light that you see in dreams is the same light you see now.
Except there is no you to see the light.
There is just the light of consciousness being seen, it is seen by no one.

All seeing, all knowing and everpresent.
edit on 16-8-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Interesting point...but what happens when the film or the theatre is done...the people within the element move off to live their separate state of being out from the production of the movie or the play...the production stops...but the elements live.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by artistpoet

We each have our own way

This is the belief that keeps you separate.

That belief is that- I am part of the whole and not the whole - being part of something is not being separate

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join