It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are DHS and ICE stockpiling ammo?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

Originally posted by benrl
reply to post by captaintyinknots
*snip*
You wouldn't use hollow points for training or target shooting, you use FMJ for those purposes, Hollow points are for practical use (you don't use hollowpoints at a range because of shrapnel chance increases)

But in tactical training, you do train with what you use. There is a difference between range training and tactical training.

Not to mention, again, that it is very prudent for these departments to have a large stockpile, just in case.

edit on 15-8-2012 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

Nope, tactical training would NOT require hollow points, just because they might be used in real life situations. Married to nicely trained soldier, and veteran myself. There is no good reason to use hollow points to train.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by g146541
*snip*
Not only that point but it is very possible there was a shortage on fmj due to military contracts and they had surplus hollow point at a discount price.

Um.......so where are all of those discounted hollow points when we average citizens go looking for them? Those have been in very short supply since late 2008, and I have not seen ANY drop in price due to any surplus.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by sensible1
*snip*
There is a rise in racism like never before seen in modern history... the RADIO talk show pundits have rallied the troops and call the President names on a daily basis , everything but the "N" word... I am waiting for that ball to drop too... In order for RADIO talk shows to make money, they must feed the gods of racism and fear.. They have done so very well. I believe that they think the pundits will cause an increase of a risk of domestic terrorism.. As Sean Hannity says "we have to take back our country.." from whom..? who has stolen the country? and who is "our.."
edit on 15-8-2012 by sensible1 because: clarification

A "rise in racism"? Well, sure, but not the way you mean. There are, in fact, tons of attacks, on a regular basis, against one race, by another, but the attacking race is NOT white. Take a closer look at the flash mobs, the attacks on students, bus passengers, train passengers, fair-goers, etc. All SINCE Jan. 2009. Do you think that is an accident? Coincidence? Also coincidental, I suppose, would be the refusal of the "Justice" Dept. to prosecute crimes by black groups, right? It isn't radio hosts feeding those flames. Look to 1600 for that.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by eywadevotee
The obvious is they are getting ready for martial law. Even here in WI USA, they are putting up roadblocks at all freeway on-ramps. The excuse is they can be deployed in case of a bad accident to divert traffic...

However the solar powered radio boxes next to them betray that they are installed for a long crisis event rather than typical day to day activities. If they were for day to day use they would have wired the radio boxes to the streetlight mains. In addition it looks like they poured a foundation for a gaurd shack near several of these. My guess is the rounds are for armed security checkpoints (like these) and security in general. Door to door searches are not likely in the beginning stages. Facism is coming to america. Prepare.

You know, I have seen blocks to freeways in Kansas, too. On west-bound ramps, things that look like railroad crossing guards, but so far, only on ONE side of the freeway. Those were NOT there a year ago, either. Flashing light set-ups at some, with notices that anyone violating the block will face "severe criminal penalties". Didn't see any foundations, though.

Interesting to me that these are on one side only. In areas with virtually NOTHING around. I was thinking they were to close traffic one way, so they could move something they don't want seen on those roadways. That sort of area, they could build virtually ANYTHING they wanted, and go unnoticed. Camps, secret facilities, whatever. And, yes, a LOT of trucks moving on those roads, and lots of loads I can't ID.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes

*snip*
Not only that point but it is very possible there was a shortage on fmj due to military contracts and they had surplus hollow point at a discount price.

Um.......so where are all of those discounted hollow points when we average citizens go looking for them? Those have been in very short supply since late 2008, and I have not seen ANY drop in price due to any surplus.

They are discounted because of volume.
When I buy bulk, that means 1000+, I have NEVER bought 250,000 rounds in one shot though, nor 2.5 million at a time.
I'd imagine if I did though, I'd get a discount too.
Either way, an agency qualifies with what they carry,
I see all of this ammo tracking as a non issue.
We don't seem to sweat the Meeeeelions of rounds the US.Mil buys do we?

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
The reason is called HYPER-INFLATION ! So I sense the Fed knows whats just around the corner and they are out of money like everyone else, so buy as much as you can while you can applies to us too!

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

Originally posted by benrl
*snip*
You wouldn't use hollow points for training or target shooting, you use FMJ for those purposes, Hollow points are for practical use (you don't use hollowpoints at a range because of shrapnel chance increases)

But in tactical training, you do train with what you use. There is a difference between range training and tactical training.

Not to mention, again, that it is very prudent for these departments to have a large stockpile, just in case.

edit on 15-8-2012 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

Nope, tactical training would NOT require hollow points, just because they might be used in real life situations. Married to nicely trained soldier, and veteran myself. There is no good reason to use hollow points to train.
Required? No. But they are used, and frankly, SHOULD be used, if that is what is used in the field.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
"Why are DHS and ICE stockpiling ammo?"

Same reason I am....

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   

*snip*

Its called government contracts. They get them cheaper than civilians in the first place. Not to mention the fact that civilians dont, and cant, buy in this type of bulk.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchitburn
No one in the Govt. trains with hollow point ammunition. Period.

The US military has NO hollow point ammunition. I assure you.

The Hague Convention of 1899, Declaration III, prohibited the use in international warfare of bullets that easily expand or flatten in the body.[3] This is often incorrectly believed to be prohibited in the Geneva Conventions, but it significantly predates those conventions, and is in fact a continuance of the St. Petersburg Declaration of 1868, which banned exploding projectiles of less than 400 grams, as well as weapons designed to aggravate injured soldiers or make their death inevitable. NATO members do not use small arms ammunition that is prohibited by the Hague Convention.

Wikipedia

If it was for a legitimate purpose they would have bought 448 million rounds of Ball ammunition and the rest hollowpoint. But if the US has agreed NOT to use hollowpoint ammunition as per the Hague Convention, WHY is a department of the Federal Govt. purchasing banned ammunition?

edit on 15-8-2012 by watchitburn because: (no reason given)

dhs and ice are not military.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   

and according to Jesse Ventura - a federal judge does not have Jurisdiction over them violating the rights of US Citizens - which I thought was very interesting - that means they are the employed by the same entity that allows the IRS to be exempt from violating the constitutional rights of the US Citizens ... which is sort of scary - anyone want fight back ? -- the power comes from London City State ... 1 square mile ruled by Eveline Rothchild... only about 10,000 people live in his kingdom.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   

I know, but they are an armed department of the Fed. Govt. I see your point, and I'm sure that is the same argument they would use.

But I think it's semantics

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1BornPatriot
I think Jason Bermas of Loose Change talks with Russia TV in april about these Ammo Purchases - as usual Jason is true blue American telling like it is - they are for American Citizens - hollow point ammo is for penetration not target practice - who needs to penetrate a paper target >?
the question is - how fast will the American People Rally and Fire DHS as an enemy to the American People >?
thats the real question - how many American lives will be lost before we put a stop to these insane governement policies ?
Jason raises some real concerns in this video.

I'd wager a large amount that Jason Bermas has never even fired a weapon a day in his life. I have no clue why those n00bz over @ RT would waste their time talking to him instead of talking to a law enforcement official that would actually know what he was talking about.
A. It is pretty much standard to use hollow point ammo in law enforcement capacities.
B. Procurement dept.s generally do purchase in bulk.

I guess it gives people like Alex Jones to complain about, but really, it's nothing unusual at all.

It didn't take long for the Internet to start buzzing with conspiracy theories after the Social Security Administration posted a notice that it was purchasing 174,000 hollow-point bullets.

LOL Ya don't say?

"It's not outlandish to suggest that the Social Security Administration is purchasing the bullets as part of preparations for civil unrest," the website Infowars.com said.

Actually it is outlandish because all of those dept.s have their own proprietary enforcement officers that provide security, etc etc and are therefore armed.

The agents carry guns and make arrests - 589 last year, Lasher said. They execute search warrants and respond to threats against Social Security offices, employees and customers. Agents carry .357 caliber pistols, Lasher said. The bullets, which add up to about 590 per agent, are for the upcoming fiscal year. Most will be expended on the firing range.

590 bullets per agent per year isn't exactly an extreme "head for the hills" type of purchase.

The bullets, however, are standard issue for many law enforcement agencies, Lasher said, a fact confirmed by the directors of two law enforcement training centers.

hosted.ap.org...

Informative article here. They even give a shout out to infowars LOL, being that infowars is such a bastion of credible journalism LOL.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join