It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sending and recieving PM's

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Sorry if this has been asked before, but I can't find it in "search" so I thought I'd make a new thread.

I seem to have lost the ability to send and receive PM's and I was wondering what's been changed and how to remedy this situation.

Can anyone help please?

Rev

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by revmoofoo

Try me!!!!

Under my avi click send a message......

I'll wait.....

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   

I just sent you one, to see if you can reply to it....

Des

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

It doesn't work. All I get is the header and the rest of the page is blank. Maybe it's a flash or a java issue.

Rev

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   

You can alert your own thread here. It will get to a MOD much quicker that way. Go to your OP on the left at top hit the alert button. It's in the flag this thread window

Des

edit on 15-8-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Well poo. (Just as an fyi, my ATS pages have been slow to load today. It does take a second for the content on the messages page to load on my end and that is unusual.)

Take Des's suggestion above. Probably the quickest way to get help then.

If you can't get the alert page to load, post back & I'll alert for you.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
FYI - There is already a moderator only thread created discussing this thread. So we're on it... we're just waiting for the right members of staff to show up and help us out.

~Heff

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
dos prompt
format c:\

Nah ... Seriously. Try clearing your history, cookies and the like, then log back in and let us know.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12m8keall2c
dos prompt

Nah ... Seriously. Try clearing your history, cookies and the like, then log back in and let us know.

please!!!!...as a former tech.....DO NOT go to a dos prompt, and type in format c:\....your will lose everything (all data, programs, e-mail, personal info, EVERYTHING) on your hard drive!

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

Originally posted by 12m8keall2c
dos prompt

please!!!!...as a former tech.....DO NOT go to a dos prompt, and type in format c:\....your will lose everything (all data, programs, e-mail, personal info, EVERYTHING) on your hard drive!

LOL! Luckily I'm a former tech myself (2nd and 3rd line support mostly), so I know what not to do. As I've updated everything that could be effecting it (and tried different machines & browsers too), I think I'll wait until the mods sort it out.

Thanx for the input everyone.

Rev

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
CCleaner is a great program to use. I usually use it once or so a week when flash and java games start loading up improperly.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

c'mon now ... it was an obvious joke.

Nothing past Win98 would allow you to do so whilst actually running the system ... ntfs fat tables and file systems require full access to the drive in order to do so ... which isn't available when it's running the OS.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I don't suppose there has been any movement on this issue? I only ask because I apparently have new messages, but can't view them.

Rev

top topics

join