It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UAE tells its citizens to leave Lebanon immediately

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
According to Reuters, the United Arab Emirates has just issued a statement urging all of it's citizens currently in Lebanon to leave the country immediately.

Earlier today, the Saudi Arabian government released a similar statement regarding it's citizens.

Does the UAE and Saudi's have knowledge of an impending air strike on Iran from Israel? I would think that if war with Iran breaks out, the first counter-attack against the Israelis will come from HAMAS/Hezbollah groups based in Lebanon, which, in turn, would cause Tel Aviv to begin attacking Lebanon.

Or could this be an indication that the Syrian regime is nearing an attack of Lebanon to restrict the arms shipments going to the rebels?

Your take?
edit on 15-8-2012 by Dreine because: typo/hit enter too early

Reuters

Reuters
edit on 15-8-2012 by Dreine because: links added

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Dreine

I would be more inclined to believe, that it is the deteriorating situation in syria. They probably worry about the whole area destabilizing.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Forei gn Ministry urges all nationals to leave Lebanon immediately

Undersecretary of the Foreign Ministry Juma Mubarak Al Jenaibi has called nationals of the UAE leave Lebanon immediately and warned against visiting Lebanon currently. The alert was issued after the UAE Embassy in Beirut had received information about the UAE nationals being targeted and because of the difficult and sensitive circumstances in Lebanon,” Al Jenaibi said.

Seems anything is possible, the whole middle-east is just waiting for something to spark a crisis.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
The situation arose from the kidnapping of a son from the brigand Moqdad family, protected by the Hizbollah in Lebanon.

That notorious crime family had threatened to kidnap citizens from the gulf states till they get back their criminal son, who was captured by the FSA for working on the military side of the Syrian Regime to annihilate all syrians.

They are a powerful clan, with arms and weapons and even hizbollah fools as troops, but has a stupid clan leader. He should have known each is responsible for each actions. That foolish son had took his and now pays the price. But the father wants the entire clan to pay it as well.

The clan leader had long been drunk on lawless power, and still think he can get his way with intimidation and inhumanity. Times had change.

He should have kept quiet, accept the crimes and responsibility of his son, and his ability as the father or the lack of it that resulted in an idiot joining a wrong cause, and one that slaughters humankind.

But now, by his deluded belief of his own 'powers' to force issues his way, he had exposed and caused attention to his criminal clan that is fit for justice, long looked the other eye, but not NOW.

If he thinks he has members who can hide faces in mask, carry an AK 47, kidnap or kill is the way to power, he HAD NOT met the high troop amount FSA trained and motivated soldiers yet, whom faced death EVERYDAY, for a far higher and noble cause - to save the nation.

He should have known better, and pulled out his son and rogues in Syria long ago. To still brash his way through to get his way will only makes things worse for his clan. May he wakes up from his delulsions, free his captives and hide far away into the mountains, before it is too late because not only FSA,but many other groups, out to take his criminal head.

So too the Hizbollahs best wash clean their necks for the chopping board. The sands of time are running out....
edit on 15-8-2012 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dreine
According to Reuters, the United Arab Emirates has just issued a statement urging all of it's citizens currently in Lebanon to leave the country immediately.

Earlier today, the Saudi Arabian government released a similar statement regarding it's citizens.

Does the UAE and Saudi's have knowledge of an impending air strike on Iran from Israel? I would think that if war with Iran breaks out, the first counter-attack against the Israelis will come from HAMAS/Hezbollah groups based in Lebanon, which, in turn, would cause Tel Aviv to begin attacking Lebanon.

Or could this be an indication that the Syrian regime is nearing an attack of Lebanon to restrict the arms shipments going to the rebels?

Your take?
edit on 15-8-2012 by Dreine because: typo/hit enter too early

Reuters

Reuters
edit on 15-8-2012 by Dreine because: links added

Hi,
Kinda neat how the OP had blank OP for a minute!

This is what I found, if it is separate.

Holy Shi-ite!

after a spate of kidnappings by gunmen belonging to a Lebanese Shi'ite clan.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101
The situation arose from the kidnappings of a son from the brigand Moqdad family in Lebanon.

Aye, I see that now. So it appears to be a Shia vs. Sunni incident at the moment. Thanks for the clarification!

2nd

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I'd say they are just being prudent. If the area falls to pieces then those in Lebanon have 3 choices. Fight, Hide or swim. There is no escape when every land border has a combatant nation. Perhaps they just figure the time is near....and not a bit surprising.

It would figure too... This all started in Lebanon. I mean all .. started there. Lebanon had a little change of Government that was overshadowed in the media by a guy burning himself up in Tunisia and the rest became the Arab Spring. I'd say Lebanon will be a no holds barred battleground and no mans land when this kicks off.

Good to get people out, I'd think.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I would agree with everyone who is treating this as a precautionary measure, normally. But its the way its phrased, using the word "Immediately", that gets my attention. If it was just as a cautionary measure, they'd maybe use a term such as; "As soon as possible".

top topics

join