It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is Consciousness??

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Consciousness Awake.
What is it? What does it mean? Well to me, it means having an elevated awareness of the enviornment, or the situation around you. To take in a deeper understanding of the world, other than just want is seen or on the surface.

Take for instance this example. Go back and re-watch a movie you remember as a kid. Go back re-listen to an old song you remember as kid. Does it seem different to you now? Are you aware of more details, and more complications, and more COMPLEXITIES, and OTHER MEANINGS? Sometimes people joke and say that some of those cartoons have other adult meanings, that kids don't get. And it's true, because you have lived in this world long enough, to learn about more topics, more types of situation, more events. And the more you know, the more aware you are of multiple meanings, or a broader perspective. As you gain consciousness you can apply that to other topics such as world/political events, or even how people act/react, and gain another perspective on everything on the planet earth and beyond. More Awake. More awake to the truth, and the meanings behind meaning behind meanings. And eventually we learn the WHY behind everything, as we gain more feedback or knowledge of ourselves, each other, and the environment.

So go back and re-watch an old movie. Go back and listen to an old song. Go back and think about past events in your life. Go back and think about past world events/conflicts. Find what other meanings there are. Find what else you now know. You may be surprised about how much your CONSCIOUSNESS has elevated, and how awake you are!

Now let's get to the good stuff. Here is a great video series on youtube from user: "KilluminatiTheMovie". It takes a deep journey into Consciousness, and specifically ANCIENT KNOWLEDGE. (How sound/vibration is everything).

Definitely worth your time to watch. Excellent video production, and very interesting topics that they cover. Make you think.

Ancient Knowledge (PART 1 of 5):

Solving ancient mysteries Part 1. "The Ancients" knew much more than given credit for regarding Life, The Universe, Astronomy, Advanced Mathematics, Magnetism, Healing, Unseen Forces etc. Encoded knowledge is information that is conveyed in signs and symbols and we can find this knowledge all over the world. All these ancient sightings and geometric patterns (Sacred Geometry) symbolise unseen forces at work. We are being lied to by the media. Modern archaeologists don't know what they're talking about. "The Ancients" were not stupid or primitive. We just failed to de-code this knowledge conveyed in signs, symbols and ancient artwork. This kind of information is kept hidden from the public. Scientists dont know what holds the universe together, the answer is sound and unseen forces. Matter is governed by sound frequencies. There is much more to life than we can perceive with our 5 senses. The question then becomes "who or what governs unseen forces?" What is behind the symmetry throughout nature? (Golden Ratio, Phi, Fibonacci Sequence etc.)

ANCIENT KNOWLEDGE of Consciousness (PART 2 of 5):

More information on the Levels of Consciousness can be found here: (From the Mayan's and other cultures and philosphies):

"http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Level_of_consciousness_(Esotericism)"

There is so much we don't know..... Truth may yet again be stranger than fiction. AWAKEN.
edit on 15-8-2012 by uSNUUZuLUUz because: errors

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Good post! I have been looking into this for a while now. It's crazy stuff. Thoughts are what make the universe, our minds are the creators of our reality. Check out this video its 15 episodes put into one movie, its long but so worth it.

[yvid]

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
The more I know the more I know I know not...

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Who loves ya'?

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Aquarius2150

Ah Spirit Science, how I love thee. Yes, I am totally aware of the spirit science series. One of my first ventures into thinking outside of the box, and what somethings actually mean. The part about the egyption eye of Horus, and how that is the spirit that creates all, and using the flower of life. Totally amazing. I would recommend that series, in addition to the ones posted above, as well to all reading this post.

Combine that with the Ancient Aliens TV program, and the other "Awakening as One" online video series as well. There is soo much good information out there.

Here's the embedded link of vid that you put on your post:

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by QuantumQuackers

Quantum, you beat me to it! hahaha. Good work..

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by uSNUUZuLUUz

Let's check the dictionary, since we already have a working definition of consciousness.

consciousness |ˈkänCHəsnəs|
noun
the state of being awake and aware of one's surroundings: she failed to regain consciousness and died two days later.
• the awareness or perception of something by a person: her acute consciousness of Mike's presence.
• the fact of awareness by the mind of itself and the world: consciousness emerges from the operations of the brain.

I'm confused. If consciousness is knowledge, why not call it that? Can one still be awake even if he is as knowledgable as is possible and asleep?

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by LesMisanthrope

Let's check the dictionary, since we already have a working definition of consciousness.

noun
the state of being awake and aware of one's surroundings: she failed to regain consciousness and died two days later.
• the awareness or perception of something by a person: her acute consciousness of Mike's presence.
• the fact of awareness by the mind of itself and the world: consciousness emerges from the operations of the brain.

I'm confused. If consciousness is knowledge, why not call it that? Can one still be awake even if he is as knowledgable as is possible and asleep?

Well i think it can have many different meanings, to many different people. I am more talking about raising your consciousness, and being AWARE of your consciousness. And how amazing it is that we have a consciousness at all, and to look deeper into what exactly is consciousness? Behind the superficial definition.

More to life, once you begin to wonder.. Us as humans having an amazing bodily experience and being conscious of that feat.
edit on 15-8-2012 by uSNUUZuLUUz because: wording

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
it is all we are....what we have confused as god and what all of creation is essentially.

We are nothing but thought. All dimensions are inhabited by consciousness and created by it.

--------------------

from another thread

---------------------

What we call source consciousness is this theory (Subatomic Consciousness) under another title. What we used to call this in antiquity was THE WORD. Ever heard that before?

The concept of a thought making reality is not new, and really it is the source of everything we have come to call magic and what we have skewed either purposely or not into a concept of God.

The reason why science and their religious counterparts are so scared of this is because it validates both and effectively proves that God exists, but not as the religious have taught each other, and not as science has tried to debunk it.

The fact that every sentient thing IS god, and that each has a power to transform reality is too big for mankind in their opinion. That is just dumb. If we realized this we would be ready and really only this concept can free us from the cycles of diminishing return in which we are caught. We are to avoid the need to reset once we reach a state that requires that we accept this but do not, starting the cycle again.

This is the circular or reciprocal nature tribal cultures around the world have described in countless ways when describing the world, the universe and life as well as creation.

We are in a loop of reality that a strong force of consciousness created. The other reason why this secret is protected is because some have realized that if they can control consciousness they can create reality to their benefit, they don't fully understand the concept but like what it can offer....them. Again the whole thing really escapes them.

so these forces of ignorance that push their jealous minds on us want for all of us to think a certain way they can govern so as to achieve power. The power to them being the reward and not the infinite consciousness that is part of every living thing.

Science feels that it should not entertain the thought of god, favoring instead other blind faiths as you described as materialism. Religion cant entertain the thought of self god and self god understanding because well, they would be out of business rather quickly.

I guarantee you that the majority of Vatican vault secrets cover attempts to offer this information in one way or the other. It is not so much about competition as it is sacrilege to them for people to have gods mind somewhere in there with their own. Again, the whole thing escapes them.

We are not part of god like his children, we are like him like a drop is to an ocean, or a cell is to the whole.

The force of love is not just good. It is the cohesion that binds our many parts into a whole. like we can see in our matrix living things are sometimes hosts to counter life forms that feed of the host. That is where the counter force of cohesion comes into play and why we can see it translated into a dividing force even in our world perspective.

The truth is that when we learn this concept like our ancients did we can break the cycle and cure the host which we make up.

The source consciousness is ever present and becoming self aware again. Like all things it grows and when we are all aligned again in it we will have enough force to oppose the counter consciousness that feeds off the host. we will finally be immune to its parasitic process.

Bioelectric energy wave manipulation from the brain is like sound vibration by vocal chords leading to speaking, is the language of source and has everything to do with harmonic resonance with the universe. It is the echo of this consciousness we can pick up on and tune our selves to. Source is once more in humanities reach and there is nothing that can be done to stop it.

Like a parasite that knows it will be cut from its host. It would kill rather than die in hopes that the fear and pain cause the host to stop. This will not work since source knows no pain and we will teach it to be immune to the parasitic process as we have learned.

we are like the good Borg. This parasitic consciousness will be assimilated and its force and ethereal distinctiveness will be incorporated into our own....lol.

we are as one!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 15-8-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   

To 1 it represents SOME of the CORE ENERGY that ALL* CREATOR CREATIONs carry thru VARIOUS phases of LIFE and DEATH within EXISTENCE. What I am saying is its like your ETERNAL memory/ CREATOR reference point somwhat, forgotten sometimes upon ascending into DIFFERENT plains or incarnating into the SAME plains (rebirth) over what is called time here. Given to ALL* by the CREATOR to inforce behavior consideration amongst other CREATOR CREATIONS. So the CREATOR sees the future and the energies that will be within it and placed something inside ALL* so that ALL* would know how to act/BEHAVE around other CREATOR CREATIONS they encounter. Hence various animal supportS of EA*RTH designed by mankind to protect animal species that become endangered. A subconscious sense of well being. But thats me

NAMASTE
LOVE LIGHT ETERNIA*******

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by BIHOTZ

The concept of a thought making reality is not new, and really it is the source of everything we have come to call magic and what we have skewed either purposely or not into a concept of God.

The reason why science and their religious counterparts are so scared of this is because it validates both and effectively proves that God exists, but not as the religious have taught each other, and not as science has tried to debunk it.

edit on 15-8-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

Great 'word's.
This is what makes this topic soooo interesting. Is that Consciousness is MORE than Science. and MORE than religion. Science and religion are just ways of interpreting information. Both of what you can SEE and NOT SEE. Understanding consciousness, and what we are aware of, is the KEY. The more people look deeper into that concept, all the more amazing details about life spur out. Reality may not be as we seem.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Consciousness sometimes makes you retreat in your room, or makes you buy a cookie, makes you tell a word or become really angry. Thank you consciousness for you are always good. Therefore we gave it the name consciousness. What do I have to say?

Consciousness changes throughout the day, makes you be what you are. Your consciousness is your guide. It's nice you are appreciating your consciousness. It's what keeps you you. My consciousness is on the verge of the insane. Open your consciousness for the ruling consciousness. Slave consciousness, slave consciousness to the supreme consciousness. Conscious day by day. Secure consciousness. Protected.

Out of your consciousness. Law.

Daisy.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by uSNUUZuLUUz

noun

Well i think it can have many different meanings, to many different people. I am more talking about raising your consciousness, and being AWARE of your consciousness. And how amazing it is that we have a consciousness at all, and to look deeper into what exactly is consciousness? Behind the superficial definition.

More to life, once you begin to wonder.. Us as humans having an amazing bodily experience and being conscious of that feat.

I think your definition is superficial and not founded on anything concrete. If people have a different definition of consciousness, then they are not talking about consciousness. This is why I am confused. It seems like people only wish that their being awake was the building blocks of the universe. It's obvious this isn't true.

Being aware of your consciousness is fairly apparent and being aware of ones own consciousness seems redundant, as one already knows when he is conscious. By being conscious, he is conscious. It is no more profound than being awake or asleep.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by uSNUUZuLUUz

noun

I think your definition is superficial and not founded on anything concrete. If people have a different definition of consciousness, then they are not talking about consciousness. This is why I am confused. It seems like people only wish that their being awake was the building blocks of the universe. It's obvious this isn't true.

Being aware of your consciousness is fairly apparent and being aware of ones own consciousness seems redundant, as one already knows when he is conscious. By being conscious, he is conscious. It is no more profound than being awake or asleep.

Ok, I see what you are stating, but think of the first example from the first post. When you watch say "the little mermaid" as young kid, and then when you watch it later as an adult, Are you not more "conscious" of all the little extra meaning and sexual innuendo? It's the same movie, so what changed? Your awareness. Your knowledge. Your conscious. Isn't that amazing? Now apply that to world conflicts. Apply that to your past experiences. Now you may be able to see a larger picture of the same event. On the surface a movie is a movie, but beneath the surface may be more meanings. And as you look deeper you may find root causes for things, and answers to the ultimate question of "WHY". As a kid you may only see that you and family moved. on the surface. But perhaps as you look back and ponder why, you may know that the reason why your family moved was because the father got a new job and money was an issue, or that you lived in a bad neighborhood as kid, and the parents wanted to go someplace safer, even though as a kid you may not of thought of it as a bad area.

I'm just provoking your mind. Going deep into what is consciousness, and how are we aware? How are we cells and blood and bone, and able to look at ourselves and state "I AM ME". If you were to trade cells with me, one at a time for the whole body. At what point would you stop being you? Are you just a spirit controlling a body like a robot?

Is an apple conscious? Is a plant conscious? Is a monkey or squirrel conscious? Is it the same LEVEL of consciousness? If there are different levels of consciousness among different species of animals, wouldn't there logically be different levels of consciousness among humans? also check the wiki on Levels of consciousness for lots of good information (from the first post).

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Continuing on.. to raise everyone's CONSCIOUSNESS.
& so without further adu::::

ANCIENT KNOWLEDGE (PART 3):::

ANCIENT KNOWLEDGE (PART 4):::

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
This is a short video where David Lynch (a film director) speaks about consciousness. He would like all school children to learn transcendental meditation.
youtu.be...

There is a full length version here:
youtu.be...

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
This is a short video where David Lynch (a film director) speaks about consciousness. He would like all school children to learn transcendental meditation.
youtu.be...

There is a full length version here:
youtu.be...

Great link about David Lynch's talk! Thanks. It seemed the first video had grabbed only a portion of that talk, but it's good to see the whole thing!

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Thread officialy flagged by myself. Can't flag, prolly insufficient posts. What if consciousness is love? Getting tired hitting nails here..

Therapy? - Stop it you're killing me
edit on 16-8-2012 by PillarOfStrenght because: link added

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Personally, I think the consciousness we have when awake, in normal mindset is an awareness. However, we all have a very similar awareness, influenced by a sort of universal subconsciousness. Have you ever had a lucid dream? What happens when you try telling a dream character that you are dreaming?

If you paid close attention, 99% of the time, the dream character will deny it, but "subconsciously" appears to know that it is a dream. Their ego projected by you wants to defend their reality at the time.

I think a large scale version of this mechanism is at work in reality. Those who have fully ventured past the ego, past rational thoughts will most likely agree. There is another "side" to each and every one of us.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0mage
Consciousness awakening. hmm i will put forth a small lecture

don't be fooled. consciousness is not the firing of neurons but it is consciousness that fires them, and moves your limbs and heals the body. It is the master of self. The body is the character on the screen, but consciousness holds the controller. This chaotic force, absolutely of the fictional realm's productions like Star Wars exists in it's most literal terms as described in your favourite movies. It is the divine force of nature that gives life to every living creature. And so changes them as she sees fit. A living planet given power through the realms of the divine just as we. Having indulged heavily in the material world gifts. we lavish in those artificial presentations and little is left for the mind to focus on those things that really matter. Instead, in our goals of acquisition and envy through the most dividing element of competition. We feel compelled to excel even to the detriment of our fellow man. We neglect and close our eyes to things of this world that are most significantly warning signs of a poor societal construct. And shrug off the problems of others lest they become ours as well. All the while for the acquisition of 3d elements that were here long before we were born and will remain for long after our bodies have rotted just as the elements that made up our bodies as well. What really matters? what can we take with us beyond these confining walls of flesh? How simple or extravagant is creation? What could my purpose or full potential be? Why am i here? are all questions deserving attention by each human of the earth.

In scientific terms. Consciousness is the original life force of self housed in the world of flesh. It is indeed the spirit that animates the body. A most complex and powerful being of another dimension that knows no left nor right, nor good and evil. It's actions are always in harmony with universal laws. but it is the world of flesh, the corruption inherent of this level of existence which functions to quite a different tune. For this the question must be asked, for what have i attained in this life truly if life supersedes this physical reality to further boundaries?

You may discover it through use of naturally occurring mind altering substances.. which of course suggest altering because the mind must be changed in order to evolve and upgrade. But such may not be necessary if one can reverently fill themselves with compassion through focussed prayer or meditation. The later method being true and permanent, while the former can assist in revealing the path that must be taken. Spiritual realisation is real and at hand for those that will do what is necessary to achieve it. It must be earned. there is no shortcut. One must seek truth, and know truth, and love truth! Luckily all the information you need is currently present on the internet in various forms. Choose not to believe in the Holy Spirit to your own detriment. As deeply as you are consumed with materialism you are fixed in the ego and your worm dries up relatively, fixing you to this level of existence and unable to transfigure out of your fleshy prison. One should not doubt just by the vast magnificence that this world presents that no man can match to this day. Each and every creation of man has been but a mockery compared to what it was created to imitate. This alone should suggest a vastly superior conscious entity would be responsible for this mystery we have been born into.

Should you proceed correctly and be successful in letting go of your ego and discovering your spirit you will need to unlock the gate that ties the worm depending on your level of fixedness. You imaginative mind must be freed to none other than the lines of insanity. to be unrestricted in thought creativity yet disciplined by logic. Balance is after all the name of the game. Two opposites must be made equal, thus as to cancel themselves out and leave the original 0. The Nothing that is All. That which divides by zero and creates infinity and takes you past the boundaries. in your deluded state you will begin to feel lighter as ur delusion grows in your spiritual awareness as though a burden is being lifted day by day. till finally the gate is opened and your mind is filled with the light of consciousness as is your body as you feel completely weightless. a feeling that can last weeks months.. and even years. At this point you are free. you now have become unrestricted by flesh. It appears to be no more than a suit allowing presentation to be acknowledged by those who's sight is unclaimed in all creatures. This is your spiritual awakening! Good luck!
edit on 8-5-2012 by 0mage because: (no reason given)

www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join