It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More agencies request ammunition for what?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicCitizen
Regarding the second link (fbi raiding homes for anti-gov material). Well if they find the "anarchists cookbook" and such "literature" in your home along with certain "materials" then I imagine that you will be hauled off to jail. But so far "black clothing", Gadsen flags ("dont tread on me") and copies of the US Constitution ("citizen's rule book") are not against the law. Heaven help us when they are (camouflage clothing may be outlawed tho - trust me).

edit on 15-8-2012 by CosmicCitizen because: (no reason given)

Maybe this isn't the smartest thing to say on a forum which some believe is run by (or at least monitored by) the NSA.

...but I owned a copy of that book when I was twelve years old. It's almost become an "underground" classic in american literature. I also had many many many text "philes" on various subjects. (Those "in the know" will have caught the reference)

While I don't presently own materials like that, it is a scary thought that I would be considered a criminal or a threat for doing so. If our system weren't so busy trying to raise a national pen of dumb beasts, they wouldn't have to worry about the free exchange of knowledge. Knowledge is only dangerous when in the wrong hands. "Good" people such as myself would never abuse it.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptGizmo

Just another guess...stock up for rainy days when the price might go up for the ammo and hardware in general after the UN mandate has been passed or adopted in US for arms reduction/control???? Just a WAG. Obviously a single agency cannot possibly spare the dollars so spread it across multiple agencies?

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Stack up for war of course.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
60 days, huh? Interesting......

Well, I did read this article:
they think this STOPS speculation??
....but I don't think their statements are helping. Since when do SS agents and weather dudes need weapons??? To me, that increases speculation, and adds a lot of new questions.

60 days.......from around now? That would be mid-October....right before the election. Convenient.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Okay well the NOAA having armed enforcement officers is understandable though the amount of ammo for them is extreme. NOAA does in fact have armed officers in the enforcement division, they are the officers that enforce crimes against certain marine mammals and sealife.

The SSA having ammunition is quite disturbing however, what do they enforce and since when is there a law enforcement branch of the SSA. If I remember correctly even SS fraud is investigated by the FBI.

My take on this whole situation is that I don't know what these alphabet agencies need with this much ammo, but I would speculate that it won't be good for us average Joe's. Just to put the amount of ammo into perspective, so far DHS has ordered over 1 billion rounds of ammo in the last 14 months, there are currently about 7 billion people in the world, so DHS has enough ammo to potentially akill 1/7 of the world population.

Those kinds of numbers signal more than just target practice. TPTB are definately preparing for something, if all this ammo was for target practice why would they need it all in 60 days? They would just want large lots available for when training exercises would be taking place.

Somethings coming down the pipes people, you can either choose to believe it or not believe it. If you believe it you need to prepare and get ready for something big.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I would be curious to see the names of the individuals that sign for the receipt of said shipments in 60 days, addresses actually shipped to (If I remember right, many of the ship-to addresses were suite numbers), and actual distribution of said weapons and ammo. Citizens should demand transparency on this matter AND accountability.

Have you ever been in a SSA field office or even an IRS office for that matter? Look around. Do those government bureaucrats look like they should be packing?

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
The AP is reporting that the ammo is for the Social Security Administration's inspector general's office. It is reporting that the IG makes arrests for fraud and other crimes. There are supposedly 295 IG agents who do these investigations.

What are these "other crimes" that would require 174,000 rounds of hollow point bullets?

Is this a standard past purchase, or something recently started? If standard, I won't think too much about this. But, if not, something tells me there is some very bad news coming up regarding social security and it may not sit real well with people who have paid into this program for decades and who are expecting a return on their investment.

Article

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join