It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More agencies request ammunition for what?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Ok so I know the DHS put in a request for 450 million rounds, but take a look at the two additional ones. I'm left asking why in the world would these two agencies even have guns....
First it's armed drones in our skies to keep an eye on us I guess, but armed?
Second the DHS orders all this ammo.
Third the NOAA orders ammo
Fourth the SSA orders ammo.

Ok now I am beginning to think that our own government is planning an attack on it's own citizens! This should really be making people pound their fists and demand to know why?

www.businessinsider.com...

Then I see this:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 8/15/2012 by CaptGizmo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
If it was possible to TRACK other countries ammo purchases and you came up with similar data that would be a SIGNAL OF SOMETHING GLOBAL. Other country data would help OP. If that data came to show other land massess were doing the same thing then something GLOBAL may be up. I will allow your imagination to consider what if other country data showed similar data of ammo purchases. If you compiled data and it showed only a US related situation then something may be up on the AMERICANAZ soil homelands. Good way to track activity, maybe.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Either corning the market so citizens can’t get ammo or there preparing to throw us all in FEMA camps. lol

Might be a little of both

Another option to shake off suspicion is to spread the purchases of ammo to all agency’s to make it look like smaller quantities
edit on 15-8-2012 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss
Another option to shake off suspicion is to spread the purchases of ammo to all agency’s to make it look like smaller quantities

Might be the case with some of the oddball agencies purchases, but the 1 billion round order from DHS kind of stands out.

I've posed this in other threads on the same general subject matter before, but I'd like to see some historical data on these agencies ammo buys. I don't know enough yet to determine if this is normal, or highly abnormal.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I read they are asking for a delivery date of 60 days. so we all have atleast 60 days before the SHTF. lol

May this be another count down thread.....

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Is there any way to find out if these agencies have made similar purchases in the past?

For the life of me, I cannot determine a reason why the Social Security Administration might need to be armed, unless when the masses find out the extent of the robbery that has taken place by government on OUR funds taken from OUR paychecks over these many decades, the S is really going T-H-T-F!!

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I remember the run up a couple of years ago when a bunch of odd agencies were buying weapons.

Shotguns for the Department of Eductions
www.examiner.com...

Shotguns for the IRS
www.fbo.gov...

I can make a leap and say that all agencies were making a very slow build up and arm up. The ammo purchases seem to be among the final pieces of a 'civil-unrest' puzzle. They already bought the body bags and secured the camps, yes? Oh, and they just bought $170 million dollars worth of "pork, lamb, chicken and catfish" to either feed the camp denizens, or their keepers (or both.)
nbcpolitics.nbcnews.com...

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
It is very concerning to say the least. especially the demand for it to be in 60 days delivery. Now I also know that this is near the end of the government fiscal year so many agencies spend like crazy on things they will never use. Simply so they can get their money for the new fiscal year. You know the governments policy of use the money or you don't get more. My big question mark to that is.....why are they ordering hollow point ammo!

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptGizmo

I think you are right, I think the govt fiscal year begins Oct 1. They may be just spending all of their excess funds befpre they lose them.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by normajean

I think you are right, I think the govt fiscal year begins Oct 1. They may be just spending all of their excess funds befpre they lose them.

True, but of all the things they could blow their funding on, why ammo and why hollow points? Again, I'm just curioius to see if this is a normal annual (or bi-annual) expenditure for these various departments or not.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   

The Business Insider Article mentions ".357 Magnum" which except for the Automag is a revolver cartidge (albeit quite powerful)., The .357 ordered by the govt is the ".357 Sig" which is basically a high powered 9mm with similar ballistics to the .40 smith & wesson (just a little smaller; .357" vs .400"). Also the new order by DHS is for 750 Million not 450 Million (that was the previous order).

Regarding the second link (fbi raiding homes for anti-gov material). Well if they find the "anarchists cookbook" and such "literature" in your home along with certain "materials" then I imagine that you will be hauled off to jail. But so far "black clothing", Gadsen flags ("dont tread on me") and copies of the US Constitution ("citizen's rule book") are not against the law. Heaven help us when they are (camouflage clothing may be outlawed tho - trust me).

edit on 15-8-2012 by CosmicCitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Some individual or committee had to issue the directive for these particular government alphabet agencies to arm themselves. Who issued the decree.....where did it originate....that is the question.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Does NOAA have a security force that we don't know about?
I mean are they gonna shoot at hurricanes or something?
If it is fiscal year end wasteful spending then this is the first I have ever heard of ammunition being bought much less this much ammunition being sold at one time.
But I do have to wonder if there is a shelf life for ammunition.
Perhaps this is a Job for the ATF!.....uhhhh just kidding.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   
It's just the FOTM for news agencies to post the public info on what govt agency buys what ammo. Budget cuts also mean that most agencies may have to buy their yearly items at once instead of quarterly/monthly to save cash.

Come fall time, the 9mm and 40 cal ammo should be dirt cheap - which is a good thing.
edit on 16-8-2012 by ChuckNasty because: added govt

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Perhaps reverse the thought OP maybe it's for us and not intended to be against us. During WW2 they had to start striking pennies made of steel due to the lack of copper to make bullets. If these agencies have a hoard of ammo, then they could stock local militias in the event of an attack on our home turf. The same could be said for these "FEMA" camps, perhaps they are simply to house captured enemy forces.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Methinks NOAA is taking the sweating bullets thing a bit too literally . . .

Seriously, though . . . I'm siding with the 'use it or lose it' budget thing but it could be something to do with the whole limiting the purchase of ammunition thing coming out of the Batman shooter thing a few weeks back, or it could be one of those government make work to support our supporters things.

What strikes me as odd is that (unless I missed it) there ain't been no big assed purchase of the implements that fire said ammunition.

Wierd.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   
I'll go with the government want to take out it's citizens. But you have to answer one thing for me.

WHY?

What is the reason for locking a bunch of people up?

When will they have the time to arrest millions of people?

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by MmmPie

I don't think they even come close to having the manpower to take down the citizens of this country. Especially when you have every other person out their with a gun or guns at their disposal. It would be a blood bath that would make the civil war look like kid and play. I am going to say fiscal year end wasteful spending for now, but if these purchases continue after the fiscal year end then I will realize this with a different intent then.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
I'm going with the "use or lose it" scenario. And yes, even NOAA has minimal security forces to monitor certain oceanic activities. Someone keeps asking about hollowpoints, well, hollowpoint ammunition is more expensive than FMJ. I'm sure a lot of this ammo will be used for training purposes. Hell, there is also the remote possibility the government is F*&^ing with us, knowing we're watching every dollar and every bullet. Maybe they're just having a little "fun" with us. Regardless, let's see what happens in 60 days...probably nothing.

Additionally, maybe they plan on re-selling the ammunition to another country or one of those crazy defense contractors to help support our activities on foreign soil.
edit on 16-8-2012 by Cosmic911 because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-8-2012 by Cosmic911 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   

The Federal Govt's fiscal year ends 30 Sep and the budget is on an Accrual Accounting Basis Not Cash. So if they "obligate" the purchase this year it is on this year's budget even if delivery is not made and the check paid until next fiscal year. Ergo, the "60 day delivery" time frame is a real concern. Perhaps a related issue I heard that FEMA is hiring accountants but it is just for a "2 year" time frame. Perhaps TSHTF will start in 2 months and end in 2 years (these things are planned btw and that includes duration as well). One had better be stocked up soon and have enough for 2 years if possible.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join