It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egg yolk consumption almost as bad as smoking when it comes to atherosclerosis

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Egg yolk consumption almost as bad as smoking when it comes to atherosclerosis

scienceblog.com

Newly published research led by Dr. David Spence of Western University, Canada, shows that eating egg yolks accelerates atherosclerosis in a manner similar to smoking cigarettes
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 8/15/2012 by semperfortis because: Fixed Link

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
, compared to age, both tobacco smoking and egg yolk consumption accelerate atherosclerosis. The study also found those eating three or more yolks a week had significantly more plaque area than those who ate two or fewer yolks per week.
effect of egg yolk consumption over time on increasing the amount of plaque in the arteries was independent of sex, cholesterol, blood pressure, smoking, body mass index and diabetes

[url=http://scienceblog.com/56078/egg-yolk-consumption-almost-as-bad-as-smoking-when-it-comes-to-atherosclerosis/#8YFUaG1KBmUfFjof.99]scienceblog.com[ /url]
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   
So the egg is the bad guy again. We haven't heard about eggs and butter for awhile, this will go on for a few years, then they will find something redeeming.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by leosnake

Seems like every couple of years the medical profession does a complete u-turn how good/bad eggs are for us.

edit on 15-8-2012 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   
HAHAHAHA So who lined his pockets? Given more and more people are taking to keeping their own chickens these days to save cash it's time to make eggs the bad guy again. Naughty people obviously aren't spending enough money in the shops, damn you people who grow and raise your own, damn you. *shakes fist*

Next week the shops will be full of lovely cartons of packaged NEW HEALTHIER EGGS and everyone will go nuts.....

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Every day it seems like the "medical professionals" keep coming up with more and more things that are bad for you. Can't smoke, can't eat eggs, don't eat the raw spinach (may be contaminated), don't drink the water (fluoride in it will kill you), etc...

If I give up everything that scientists have said can kill me I may just starve to death- that is if radiation or global warming doesn't get me first! To heck with ALL of them!!! I will live like I want to and when I die at least I will be happy with a full stomach!

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Is this one of those scientific studies that is based on maths not science?
edit on 15-8-2012 by Xertious because: typo

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Maybe yoke from the mass produced egg folks. Its all in the feed. I just had some country eggs last week, free range, and man can you taste and see the dif.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I am amazed at how people have lived to be about 78 years of age for about 78 years now, despite medical claims. Now if the medical industry would actually improve quality of life in geriatric care instead of milking away all assets, we would live better.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Suspiria
Next week the shops will be full of lovely cartons of packaged NEW HEALTHIER EGGS and everyone will go nuts.....
They are already there this week, but I trust mother nature more than a bunch of chemists so I never buy them.

It's time for the poultry lobby to hire some scientists to do some studies on yolks that conclude they actually improve your health.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I think if you really want to know what is good or bad for you, look at what your ancestors would of eaten. I am pretty sure they would of eaten eggs.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by rebellender

Its not medical claims, its mathematical claims. They see a correlation and decide its fact.

Everybody's body is different, you see 80 year old smokers who have smoked all their life, and 30 year olds with lung cancer.
It may increase your chances, it maybe an unknown factor that links the two, you might need a specific gene to increase your chances. I think until we get away from these studies and do some actual science, ie see if there's a specific protein that's causing a reaction, then these studies are no better than the ones you see in tabloids.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I'm dead. Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day. What's a breakfast without eggs?

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by leosnake

Let's take a look at the health benefits of (organic eggs)...you may be surprised.

Link: organicvalley.custhelp.com...

Now let's look at how to clean out your arteries with (organic apple cider vinegar). The best brand to use for organic apple cider vinegar is (Bragg).

Link: www.ehow.com...

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

Just bacon!
Also, everything that contains eggs and their yolks. This means no cakes people!

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
The study (Canadian) was on people who already had advanced coronary artery disease (CAD). Egg yolks are a concentrated form of cholesterol but not all cholesterol is bad for you. However, if you have advanced CAD then you need to limit your intake of it. Moderation is the key with egg yolks methinks...not the same as with transfats.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
1. I wonder when Bloomberg will ban eggs in New York?

2. As a child, we used to put raw eggs in orange juice and put it in a blender. YUM!

3. So now the jingle will go. . . "The incredible edible egg, (that will kill you). . . . . . .

link   
reply to post by caladonea

thanks for your links
very informative

link   
double post haha
edit on 15-8-2012 by rebellender because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join