It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hungarian anti-Semitic party leader discovers he is Jewish

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Hungarian anti-Semitic party leader discovers he is Jewish

www.perthnow.com.au

AS a rising star in Hungary's far-right Jobbik Party, Csanad Szegedi was notorious for his incendiary comments on Jews: He accused them of "buying up" the country, railed about the "Jewishness" of the political elite and claimed Jews were desecrating national symbols.

Then came a revelation that knocked him off his perch as ultra-nationalist standard-bearer: Szegedi himself is a Jew.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 15-8-2012 by daaskapital because: title

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Szegedi acknowledged in June that his grandparents on his mother's side were Jews - making him one too under Jewish law, even though he doesn't practice the faith.

His grandmother was an Auschwitz survivor and his grandfather a veteran of forced labour camps.

Since then, the 30-year-old has become a pariah in Jobbik and his political career is on the brink of collapse. He declined to be interviewed for this story.

Imagine the shock, the embarrassment and the confusion he would have be in. As a result of these revelations, he has been kicked out of the party he once supported.

Sucks to be him

www.perthnow.com.au

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

Ha ha dick.

He's like one of those "conservatives" who roils against homosexuality only to be discovered hiring male prostitutes.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital

Szegedi acknowledged in June that his grandparents on his mother's side were Jews - making him one too under Jewish law, even though he doesn't practice the faith.

His grandmother was an Auschwitz survivor and his grandfather a veteran of forced labour camps.

Since then, the 30-year-old has become a pariah in Jobbik and his political career is on the brink of collapse. He declined to be interviewed for this story.

Imagine the shock, the embarrassment and the confusion he would have be in. As a result of these revelations, he has been kicked out of the party he once supported.

Sucks to be him

www.perthnow.com.au

Not that I really care or anything....but just because Jewish law lays claim to someone doesn't mean that the rest of the world has to observe it. Judaism is a religion, not a race. if this guy doesn't practice the religion, he is not a Jew. I mean, my grandmother was Catholic. I can certify today that I am not Catholic.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital

Sucks to be him

The irony is awesome... It reminds me of Dave Chappelle and his skit where he plays a blind person who doesnt know he is black and is the head of a KKK group.

NSFW - Extreme language - Watch at your own risk
www.youtube.com...

I am curious if Hitler had the same reaction when he dioscovered he had Jewish blood in him as well. I am curious if this guys mindset and viewpoint will change based on the way he has been treated for being Jewish.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   
goes to show always do your homework

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

I mean, my grandmother was Catholic. I can certify today that I am not Catholic.

That is true about you.

Judaism is a religion, not a race. if this guy doesn't practice the religion, he is not a Jew.

You should ask them if they think like you.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
Not that I really care or anything....but just because Jewish law lays claim to someone doesn't mean that the rest of the world has to observe it. Judaism is a religion, not a race. if this guy doesn't practice the religion, he is not a Jew. I mean, my grandmother was Catholic. I can certify today that I am not Catholic.

Well, it is clear that his party has observed it...

I understand that the term Jewish or Jew refers to a religious person who follows the religion of Judaism...

I just said it sucks for him because his whole career has just gone down the crapper...
edit on 15-8-2012 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   

actually the jewish people do have a bloodline, they are categorized as an ethnoreligious group.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   

I hate Zionists, as far as Jews go, I aint bothered, but one thing I do resent, and scoff at, is the fact they claim them selves to be a race.

How God damn rude.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Right now Karma is sitting somewhere cackling with satisfied glee.
This can't be a coincidence.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   
So are jews a race or religion?

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by POPtheKlEEN89

actually the jewish people do have a bloodline, they are categorized as an ethnoreligious group.

So Ethiopan jews are related to Ashkenazi jews?

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   
The irony in this is just outstanding
, This is the kind of thing that would of happened to Jews if he got in power (obviously it would of been a lot harsher) like loosing his whole career/being forced to resign, no doubt he will also have bad treatment from his old friends and find it difficult to go around his current city, or any city where he was once respected by the far right.

I've noticed a couple of people on here who may not understand how th jewish bloodline works, it goes down the mothers line, and because it is only 2 generations, under jewish law he is a jew himself, maybe not religiously, but jews see themselves as a race (maybe not so seriously now, well, they shouldn't really now, but back in the day) because they had no home and was forever wondering around the world, it's like a nationality without a country, sort of like the gypses of the world.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Yea it's funny, but I am of those who say Jewish is a religion not a race.

From that point of view I don't really see a problem. As a child I was brought up in the Catholic religion and then as a teenager I saw the light and rejected the whole thing as a con. And so now I would rail against Catholics just as much as I would rail against Jews or any fanatical religion for that matter. If anything, since I was once a Catholic I would say i have more right to rail against Catholism since I can claim to know a little bit about it. But no more than anyone can look up on the internet these days.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

Its supposed to be a religion, but according to them its a race, you'll hear them say "ohh but she's half jewish"

Tosh nosh..

There isnt any irony, if he rejects the fact its a race.

edit on 15-8-2012 by Sinny because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by bigyin

I can relate, Families Belfast born Roman Catholic...

Boy we clash, Atheisms a bitch aha.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by mideast

I mean, my grandmother was Catholic. I can certify today that I am not Catholic.

That is true about you.

Judaism is a religion, not a race. if this guy doesn't practice the religion, he is not a Jew.

You should ask them if they think like you.

How "they" think is irrelevant to how I think. By enacting that rule I protect my own logic from poisoning by false or ill formed logic. For example, while your typical Jihadi may believe that blowing ones self up at the market is God's work, I refuse to observe it as a valid belief. My own "information processing grid" (to use Ingo Swann's term here) denies access to such logic.

Your religious beliefs are your religious beliefs. If you stop going to a church, you are done. You are no longer affiliated with that church. Unless you are a scientologist. Or, in the case of this discussion, a Jew.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
So are jews a race or religion?

No, they are not a race. They are a religion. I understand that politically correct sentiments cause terms like "ethnoreligious" to become "race" when we have this discussion.

But, like I said....it isn't like it matters to me. I don't think it rude (as another poster mentioned), just funny. Odd. Typically human.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
If you want a chuckle have a read at This

I don't think Jews themselves know what the answer is.

For me it's a religion which anyone can join or leave.

Now if you want to talk about Semites thats different

top topics

<<   2 >>

join