It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giuliani Wonders Whether Biden Has ‘Mental Capacity’ for Presidency

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by xuenchen

Further evidence that Obama carries narcisistic tendancies. Surrounding himelf with people that are so dumb, he looks smart by comparrison.

Now a wise man would surround himself with smart people because no-one knows everything.

Except (cough) Obama.

That is assuming of course it is his call.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Whenever some elitist liberal spouts off about being scared that Palin or Ryan are so close to the presidency I think about Joe Biden and bust a gut laughing at them. Saturday Night Live can't even make fun of this guy, he's already doing it himself!

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi
Whenever some elitist liberal spouts off about being scared that Palin or Ryan are so close to the presidency I think about Joe Biden and bust a gut laughing at them. Saturday Night Live can't even make fun of this guy, he's already doing it himself!

Ryan not so much. Palin? Good lord, Id take biden over that idiot in a second.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I'm sure it was spooky with a Democrat controlled Congress and I bet he knew a lot of what was going on and couldn't stop it. It's like standing on a railroad track and trying to stop a runaway train. Really, look at the factors here, Democrat Congress, Barney Frank Fannie Freddie disaster, banks failing, auto cos failing, no end to the war in sight....
now fast forward to today...Obamacare passed, CIC running auto companies, SCOTUS allowing Obamacare to continue, wars increased, drones flying around even at home, helicopters crashing while assassinating Bin Laden, START treaties giving Russia the advantage, Russian troops in Denver Co Russian subs hanging about where they ought not, goodness knows what else is going on we don't know about. I personally think POTUS has been deliberately giving our classic enemies the advantage.
But look in the case of Biden, he even copped to having a hand in writing the PATRIOT Act so it's just ludicrous for democrats to pretend it's all just Republican right wing extremism.
Biden may be a dummy but he's a controlled dummy and very much a part of the elite control. He co-sponsored the Global Poverty Act which thankfully was not passed but it was just an obvious UN global wealth redistribution project(that is taking American tax dollars and redistributing around the globe).

edit on 15-8-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-8-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by nunyadammm

reply to post by nunyadammm

I'm not basing my opinion on Giuliani. Giuliani is comfirming what I already thought!

How is he doing that?
Oh by exactly what I just posted. Saying something and you are swallowing it.
I never said you based your opinion on what he said. I did say you were just eating it up though.

I accept your apology. It takes a big man to admit when he's a lackey for the DNC.

*applause*

Well that might explain a bit of activity last night as well as same guy gave me a hard time over Ryan. It's funny watching these people attacking the VP choice already.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

Well at least Palin didn't write the core of the PATRIOT ACT

CNET reported in 2008:
Months before the Oklahoma City bombing took place, Biden introduced another bill called the Omnibus Counterterrorism Act of 1995. It previewed the 2001 Patriot Act by allowing secret evidence to be used in prosecutions, expanding the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act and wiretap laws, creating a new federal crime of “terrorism” that could be invoked based on political beliefs, permitting the U.S. military to be used in civilian law enforcement, and allowing permanent detention of non-U.S. citizens without judicial review.* The Center for National Security Studies said the bill would erode“constitutional and statutory due process protections” and would “authorize the Justice Department to pick and choose crimes to investigate and prosecute based on political beliefs and associations.”
Biden himself draws parallels between his 1995 bill and its 2001 cousin. “I drafted a terrorism bill after the Oklahoma City bombing. And the bill John Ashcroft sent up was my bill,” he said when the Patriot Act was being debated, according to the New Republic, which described him as “the Democratic Party’s de facto spokesman on the war against terrorism.”

Biden’s proposal probably helped to lay the groundwork for the Bush administration’s Patriot Act.

The Center for National Securities reported in 1995:

On February 10, 1995, a counterterrorism bill drafted by the Clinton
Administration was introduced in the Senate as S. 390 and in the House of
Representatives as H.R. 896.

www.prisonplanet.com...

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by solarstorm
I have my bets that Biden can point a shotgun in a better direction than Cheney.

You figure he knows which end goes bang without some supervision? Sounds like a bit of a gamble to me... Hmm.. I'd have to skip that hunting trip.

edit on 15-8-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

They all back it, so Im not really swayed by that piece (especially with prisonplanet as your source)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus

Well at least Palin didn't write the core of the PATRIOT ACT

CNET reported in 2008:
Months before the Oklahoma City bombing took place, Biden introduced another bill called the Omnibus Counterterrorism Act of 1995. It previewed the 2001 Patriot Act by allowing secret evidence to be used in prosecutions, expanding the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act and wiretap laws, creating a new federal crime of “terrorism” that could be invoked based on political beliefs, permitting the U.S. military to be used in civilian law enforcement, and allowing permanent detention of non-U.S. citizens without judicial review.* The Center for National Security Studies said the bill would erode“constitutional and statutory due process protections” and would “authorize the Justice Department to pick and choose crimes to investigate and prosecute based on political beliefs and associations.”
Biden himself draws parallels between his 1995 bill and its 2001 cousin. “I drafted a terrorism bill after the Oklahoma City bombing. And the bill John Ashcroft sent up was my bill,” he said when the Patriot Act was being debated, according to the New Republic, which described him as “the Democratic Party’s de facto spokesman on the war against terrorism.”

Biden’s proposal probably helped to lay the groundwork for the Bush administration’s Patriot Act.

The Center for National Securities reported in 1995:

On February 10, 1995, a counterterrorism bill drafted by the Clinton
Administration was introduced in the Senate as S. 390 and in the House of
Representatives as H.R. 896.

www.prisonplanet.com...

Surprisingly enough, Biden did write it. . . . . . . in crayon.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Well in all fairness it was crayon. He could have borrowed Michelle Bachmann's finger paints to do it.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by KeliOnyx
reply to post by beezzer

Well in all fairness it was crayon. He could have borrowed Michelle Bachmann's finger paints to do it.

That's a partisan LIE!!!!

(Michelle doesn't share)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   

They all back it, so Im not really swayed by that piece (especially with prisonplanet as your source)

Same story here:

In 1995 Joe Biden Basically Wrote The PATRIOT Act.

killfile.newsvine.com...

The next year, months before the Oklahoma City bombing took place, Biden introduced another bill called the Omnibus Counterterrorism Act of 1995.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by sad_eyed_lady

Same story here:

In 1995 Joe Biden Basically Wrote The PATRIOT Act.

killfile.newsvine.com...

The next year, months before the Oklahoma City bombing took place, Biden introduced another bill called the Omnibus Counterterrorism Act of 1995.

Im not denying it, in fact, I already knew this. I am simply saying that he may have wrote it, but every person mentioned in this thread thus far vehemently backs it, so it really isnt much different.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by HangTheTraitors
Guliani is just another republican dumbass.

How about quoting from a NON-BIAS source!

Right-wingers are desperate folks lately. They know Paul Ryan is a FAIL with the HUGE majority of American citizens who are NOT BILLIONAIRES.

Paul Ryan and Romney = Beavis and Butthead anyways.

edit on 15-8-2012 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

Which one is Beavis and which one is Butthead?

Just curious.

between who Biden and Pelosi ?

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
If he dumped Biden I don't know who would take the spot. Hillary wouldn't touch it. She has a straght shot in 2016 without the Obama dead weight. She's sooooo much smarter and more talented than Obama ... (kinda like Paul Ryan is when it comes to Romney). I can't see her playing second to Obama .... not with 2016 within her grasp.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by nunyadammm

reply to post by xuenchen

Further evidence that Obama carries narcisistic tendancies. Surrounding himelf with people that are so dumb, he looks smart by comparrison.

Now a wise man would surround himself with smart people because no-one knows everything.

Except (cough) Obama.

A failed presidential candidate says that the current VP is not that bright and to you, that explains everything?
I am curious why we are considering Captain Profit from 9/11 an expert on the IQ of anyone?

Seriously have you ever heard him talk? Biden is a bag of nuts.
There will never be a good reason to defend Biden.
Kinda wondering what your reasoning is. If you are trying to stick up for Obama you are going about it the wrong way. His choice of v.p. is moronic. Much like the reest opf his choices.....

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I don't know about you, but having Biden "next-in-line" sure doesn't give me a sense of calmness if he were to inherit the throne. He's right up there with Qualye......... are we really sure they aren't related?

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by nunyadammm

I don't base my opinion of Biden on what that goofball says.

I base it on all the stupid things he has said over the last few years. Although I rarely agree with Giuliani on much of anything I think he is right on the mark here.........

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Someone speculated here that Biden would be a goner soon. Nope.

www.nationalreview.com...

The Obama campaign told the Hill on Tuesday that it “is confident Vice President Biden will be an effective foil” for Paul Ryan despite Biden’s latest gaffe. I’m not so sure, and neither are some Democrats.

I am not surprised. To replace him would mean BO made an error in choosing him the first time around.
He wouldn't what to be accused of being a poor judge of character and ability. ROTFL.

sad eyed lady

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Republicans are desperate. Look how long they make a deal out of a line from a speech.

Banks are going to put all of you in chains, if they haven't already.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join