It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Templar tunnels found under Hertford

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 01:54 AM
link   
www.herts-essex-news.co.uk...

Now this is jucy news.. the templars "decided" it was time the town knew.

Oh kind of them to "let us in on it". The generosity overwhelms me.

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Don't those old guys just love to be the center of attention and be known as having "secret" knowledge?

Afterall whats the sence of having a secret unless others know you have one?

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Nice post, though I do find it a shame that they would share this information with the public. How important do they take their vows when they are willing to share something that really isn't harmful to the public, yet betrays their trust in their brotherhood?

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 05:37 AM
link   
That's pretty neat. I'd love to take a gander round there. They do say however they're keeping some some locations secret as some are still in use, and some lead onto bank vaults! Perhaps someone else was going to release the information before them (tabloids maybe?) and thats why they're talking about it now? Who knows.

This bit at the end of the article caught my attention:

A cryptic clue was left at Hertfords tourist office this month with a picture of a chalice accompanied by a note, which read: You may wish to display this to your customers. The reason why will become clear in due course. If it has not already.

It was signed The Order.

Maybe people playing games..... or maybe not.

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 06:51 AM
link   
oh, ok

thats a relief...i thought you mighta misspelled HARTFORD by accident

but thats in Conneticut.....a little distance awawy

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite8
Nice post, though I do find it a shame that they would share this information with the public. How important do they take their vows when they are willing to share something that really isn't harmful to the public, yet betrays their trust in their brotherhood?

The Masonic Templars should not be confused with the Historical Templars.

The reporter has given the impression that the same people who built the tunnels are in the Town now. The only Templars that could be said to exist today are The Kights Templar order in Freemasonry. The Tunnels to them would have no secrecy issues at all.

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by billmcelligott

Originally posted by infinite8

The Masonic Templars should not be confused with the Historical Templars.

The reporter has given the impression that the same people who built the tunnels are in the Town now. The only Templars that could be said to exist today are The Kights Templar order in Freemasonry. The Tunnels to them would have no secrecy issues at all.

From what I can see, the group involved in this story is not connected to the Masonic Knights Templar.

It should be noted that the source of this story is a guy named Tim Acheson. He claims to be a member of the Knights Templar but he also runs a conspiracy theory website - www.theinsider.org

This story just seems to be the work of some sensationalist individual or group who wants a bit of publicity.

It should be noted that underground tunnels are no rarity in England. Nearly every town I have lived in has a network running underneath. I even owned one property which had an entrance to a tunnel network in the cellar (that one was apparently created by smugglers). Most councils have maps of thier tunnel systems in thier planning departments but they don't like you poking about down there. The tunnel systems aren't maintained and can be very dangerous - the one leading from my property was prone to flooding.

[edit on 13-10-2004 by Leveller]

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Leveller,

my point was to address the issue of secrecy, nothing else. I have no idea who the current Templars the article refers to, but it seemed obvious to me the secrecy issue was pointed at Masonry, if I am wrong I alpologize.

I have written to the editor to clarify. As you know Newspaper articles have a duty to be reasonably accurate. I hope he / she replies.

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 05:55 AM
link   
You wll also find most cities went through a big rebuild in and around 1900. Paris and London all got tube trains at that time. This is where alot of the tunnel networks come from.

Neal Gaimans "Neverwhere" throws a bit of a fantasy angle on the mysteries of these tunnels below London. Book and a BBC drama. Very good.

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I have had a response from Raymond Brown, he is adamant that his story is accurate and he is awaiting an investigation by a Historical team.

I take the man at his word.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 09:04 PM
link   
It would be wise not to delve into things which you do not understand. In time everything will become a lot clearer.

Retarius

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I have lived in Hertford for many moons and was especially intrigued to discover a subterranea network of tunnels beneath my very feet. Now there is a great deal of hocus pocus going on here and to me the Acheson brothers are presenting us with an artifice in order to divert our minds attention away from the real and more pertinent issues concerning the templars. If they were to leak anything of any real importance then believe me they would not be breathing! Acheson is an old Hertfordian name and I am quite sure that their lineage dates back to the original templars, but as of yet this is just conjecture. I am well aware that there are warrens of tunnels under many cities in the UK so it may not be important to most. However it is worth noting that the tunnels interlink to a main tunnel that extends from the centre of Hertford town all the way to St. Albans 15 miles away! Now that is not particularly normal and I'm sure that most will agree. I believe that many of these tunnels were created long before the Templars arrival in the town, my theory is that they basically expanded upon them during their time of persecution to evade the decree that Pope Clement the 5th had issued against them. I am sure that the original tunnels were for priests or clergy so that they could travel from church to church, some may even have been extended in the reformation period to evade persecution, but without access to them we will never be enlightened to the facts. I have always believed and deeply felt that Hertford has always had a great deal to play within the global arena, but this is just perplexing to most people. How could a town 20 miles north of London exert political and financial influence upon the world? The last of the templars to be recorded in England were led by a one John De Gaunt and upon Pope Clement the 5ths decree four of them were arrested and imprisoned in Hertford castle whilst the other two were left to rot in the Tower of London. Masonic legend has it that the tunnels were the place where they buried a substantial amount of treasure from their conquests in the Holy Land. Dan Brown depicts that the final resting place of the Holy Grail is underneath the foundations of Rosselyn Chapel in Scotland. Another masonic subterfuge and a constant game of smoke and mirrors. The real resting place according to my sources is beneath the town where I have lived almost all of my life, however its precise location remains a mystery! It is no coincidence that the new Wetherspoons pub is called the Six Templars and guess where the main entrance is to the tunnels, right next to the watering hole! By the way it is a green door between Micks the hairdressers and a Chines Homeopathic shop, but if any of you grail hunters are hoping to enter it is deadbolted by three or four locks and you have to punch in a security code as well. There is definately someting quite mesmerising about these tunnel revelations. It is also worth noting that the first ever multinational corporation to issue bonds on the stockmarket was the East India company which sent its children to Haileybury College in the town. The Templars were the original people to establish the global banking sytem through to the construction of the East India company and the global stockmarkets, they were involved in all of the organisations conquests in the Spice wars. When the company disolved in 1800 it was taken over by a one Amschel Mayer Bauer, who later changed his name to Rothschild, another member of the Fraternal Order. Hertford town has, and is a strategic position of power in the world even up to this day and is held in the highest regard in Masonic Lore. However there is an even bigger mystery concerning Hertford that is yet to be uncovered on my quest. I shall keep you informed and updated with any new information.

Pax Vobiscum. Veritas Vos Liberabit.

top topics

join