It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Male poses danger to children on Virgin Flight?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Hey guys, you must have a read of this article.

A male fire fighter was asked to change seats when he was put next to unaccompanied minors.

Excerpt
"Mr McGirr said when he asked why, he was told, "Well you can't sit next to two unaccompanied minors."

www.smh.com.au...

The original story is a couple of days old, but i thought it interesting to hear peoples thoughts on this subject.

Actually i asked my wife about it, and she said she would rather a women sitting next to our children then a man, but when i said he was a firefighter, she changed her mind, and thought that was ok. What does this all mean for us men? Do we need to all be firefighters to gain respect among the community?

edit on 14-8-2012 by australianobserver because: Spelling

edit on 15-8-2012 by Gemwolf because: Fixed title

+9 more 
posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
All i see period is sexism descrimination and unnessecary embarrassment to the man.

Did they give him that seat before he boarded the plane? Probably yes.

If it was me i would have not budged one inch and gladly would have taken the window seat back.

Stereotyping shouldn't be allowed upon airlines and i would have sued them of as much as i can milk from them.

If they were two underage girls and he was acting suspicious then all they would have to do is keep an eye on him and if he made any moves on the children then yes move him with all the ability you have.

But 10 year old boys? That disgusts me that anybody would think that of people.

So does this mean now that any male gradeschool teacher is considered a pedophile by virgin airlines?

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Many factors come into play here, what did he look like? what was he wearing? were the children specifically requested to be seated not near women ( maybe the father was abusive and since has a court order against him )

Personally? Id rather my daughter to be seated next to a female, or even no one, instead of a man.

I mean, how would you feel if the male gardeer at school sat next to her for 3-4-5hrs ?

Sometimes you need to be careful and wary.. imagine what would have happened if this man abused her mid flight, think of the uproar?

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   
This is sexual discrimination, no matter which way you cut it.

Women can be paedophiles too!

Personally, I'd be after an apology from the Airline and if this is policy, then taking them to court.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I just think it's emblematic of the new hysterical social correctness that's devoured the minds of minor authorities, functionaries, and bureaucrats. I guess all new idiocies seem strange and illogical until they're accepted. Once they're accepted, they still look like strange and illogical idiocies to people who think, instead of react hysterically to (what were previously) ordinary circumstances.

I think the information that he was a fireman instead of an ordinary mortal man is what's confusing to many. The "instructible" of the story (as it were) is that you're supposed to ignore that he was a fireman and only acknowledge that he was a man. This will now be established as one of the new unwritten rules of our Brave New World.

(Let's see: Need to count how many times I cited idiocy and hysteria, to see if I got enough of them in. Yup.)
edit on 8/14/2012 by Ex_CT2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheCaucasianAmerican

So does this mean now that any male gradeschool teacher is considered a pedophile by virgin airlines?

The policy assumes that man to be a potential pedophile. The policy is all men cannot sit next to unaccompanied minors. Whether its been effective in preventing harm to children doesn't change it's a guilty until proven innocent policy.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

Bollocks!

Just how many times have people sexually abused people on a flight? What are you basing your opinion on apart from a socially engineered emotionally response. There is no evidence whatsoever to suggest that sitting a child next to an unrelated man on an airline will lead to them being assaulted.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   

They werent girls they were 10 year old boys.

And of you were worried enough about your kid being touched by the boogeyman go fly with her yourself.

Theres no law against sitting next to ANYONE. I can do it you can do it and the girl next door can do it..

I would sue you for stereotyping me also for creating such an ignorant response.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Thats is basically saying that I am guilty of a crime a might commit, yet I would never do that.

Thanks for the heads up, because if I ever get seated next to U. M, I will ask to be shifted

Based on the fact that the U M could turn around and say I molested them.

See how far that goes

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

It happens.. there are cases where people sleep and wake up being touched by the person next to them.

Go look in the mirror,maybe thats why its never happened to you? bababa, ahh

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by TheCaucasianAmerican

damn chill out.. whats with the BS people speak these days..

edit on 15-8-2012 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-8-2012 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by australianobserver

well i think placing faith in people solely due to their professional status is a mistake for a start.
being a firefighter a policemen a doctor a teacher a priest a politician etc etc etc... means nothing when it comes to trusting someone with your children.

there are plenty of examples of people from such professions and many others as well as females being arrested for hurting or harming children.

stranger danger does not only include men and does not exclude certain job titles, they mean nothing where this is concerned.

the key in this situation is making sure your with your kids on the plane if you are worried about such things.
if there are two adults and two kids then the adults should split up and sit with one kid each.

edit on 15-8-2012 by lifeform11 because: typo

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   

I agree I don't understand the hostility.

Based on your wording I don't think you caught the part that this is the airlines policy. All men can't sit next to unaccompanied minors. So no specifics about him or the children are pertinent.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

If they want to put me on a virgin plane im going to tell them this now.

" My policy is not riding virgin airlines on the account that the pilot may intentionally crash the plane into the ground or a building."

I can make assumptions too lol.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I'm just gonna take a wild guess here and say he had a mustache.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by TheCaucasianAmerican

But only if they are male pilots!

Sounds like a fair response to me

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   

What BS? The bs of being stereotyped? I can stereotype too but if i did the post would be removed.

Its the airlines fault for not cross referencing the childrens age to the surrounding seats if it was company policy.

I have my rights as do you and im glad freedom of speech is one of them.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

Oh but if they were female pilots and i made those claims i would be lynched by the masses.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by lifeform11

No, but it is interesting, that my wife finds it more appropriate that he was firefighter, and i myself. I know that we should not judge people by their profession, but what do you judge people by, their gender, their height, their weight? Do we sit back and allow others to put us into categories of which we don't belong? I have two children, I am a male, and i am not allowed to sit next to children on a flight, which, after flying long haul flights with my kids, i know what it can be like. This is an appalling policy, it is utter rubbish and a sign of things to come. Which is a travesty. There is so much right with our society, and there is so much wrong. But as we become more uptight, more politically correct we loose our common sense. Australian culture is based on a fair go, and common sense, but slowly and surely we are to become like America and the UK, people will not stand for such lunacy for ever. People need to take responsibility for themselves, and their own children in this case. No child should be flying alone, not ever, now the parents may have a legitimate reason, i don't know? But some parents shirk the responsibility of being parents to the point where they are nothing more then figure heads mum and dads. Time is short on this earth, you don't realize it when you are young, but it is, and i cherish every moment with my kids, i hate going to work, because i know i will miss a moment in time that i can not get back. And no matter how much money we make, in the end, all you want to buy is more time with your loved ones, a prize that money can't buy.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by australianobserver

I would not judge anybody differently. and i would certainly challenge the airlines policy. if we are going to be paranoid about every stranger then women should not be exempt from those suspicions.

a better airline policy would be that parents must sit with their children to supervise them. because that would still make sure the children are safe without making everybody else feel like they are being accused of being a danger for no good reason.

edit on 15-8-2012 by lifeform11 because: typos

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join