It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oh Boy If this isn't a sign of the Apocalypse I don't know what is

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by crazyguy2012

Hmm... so the reference to water turning to blood is from the Bible? Revelations and sorta end times signs? So hard to reference the Bible these days. Every site has a heavy religious overtone and I want to avoid all that and speculate purely from a prophetic view point. To simply read the scripture and try to compare it to modern day events if at all possible without waxing into churchdom or religulessness.

I think the reference comes from chapter 8: verse 8-9.

Revelation 8:8-9
King James Version (KJV)

8 And the second angel sounded, and as it were a great mountain burning with fire was cast into the sea: and the third part of the sea became blood;

9 And the third part of the creatures which were in the sea, and had life, died; and the third part of the ships were destroyed.

The thing about this particular vision is that it was defined and interpreted 2000 years ago by someone who had little knowledge of modern technology, but received instruction about what to write on the events so that we here and now could maybe get what was being revealed.

My take on those two verses is the Gulf oil spill. It fits like I know no other single event could. Even the destruction of ships can be interpreted to mean the failing fishing businesses that depended on the seafood polluted by the oil. Hard to quantify by "thirds" because the media downplays the true extent of the damage. And maybe the interpretation of the vision by John of Patmos was muddled in his own mind when he wrote it down. Who knows? Just my take on this one.

www.google.com...

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by crazyguy2012
reply to post by Argyll

Well, yes there is life in the dead sea and other high salt content waters... But hose life forms evolved over a long time and are used to it. Take a fresh water fish and put it in the ocean and it will die fairly quickly. Take a salt water fish and and put it in a salt water aquarium and add a little too much salt and it will die fairly quickly too. I didn't mean what was causing the water to turn reddish. That was explained pretty sufficiently. I am wondering where the extra salt comes from? Global Warming? Pollution?

Salmon spend time growig into baby salmon on the fresh water of the river systems, then go out to sea...four years and return to swin back where they were born...no troubles with the water differences....
im sure its not as crucial as thought.....it will kill some but not all....

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by stirling

Salmon have developed to adapt and move from fresh to salt and back... But they are fragile too. If the water is a few degrees to warm they will not spawn. A few degrees warmer or the wrong ph level and they will die... Most species are fragile. Some will adapt.. Some will survive. But most will die. In the meantime everything that feeds off of them will suffer. It is called the dead sea for a reason. There is life but not many people survive off of fishing in the dead sea...

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Crazyguy... you really need to chill out or youre going to start sounding like this lady....

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

What there are rainbows on the ground now? lol...

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   
This happened in August of 2011 as well. That time it happened in Texas and was a result of drought and bacteria. It happens more often than you think. Heat Wave Causes Resevoir to Turn Red

Plus Revelations 8:8 clearly states that ....

8 The second angel sounded his trumpet, and something like a huge mountain, all ablaze, was thrown into the sea. A third of the sea turned into blood

So you will be looking for "something like a huge mountain" falling to the sea. As a result, one third of the sea will turn to blood. Then it goes on into Revelations 8:9 and says that "a third of the living creatures in the sea died, and a third of the ships were destroyed."

So clearly the sea is actually turning red from the dead sea life. This scenario is very specific. It's not just any random lake turning the color red. We're talking about a mountain falling into a "sea" and destroying one third of aquatic life resulting in bloody waters. That's the scenario that believers in the book of Revelation should be looking for.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   

reply to post by Advantage

What there are rainbows on the ground now? lol...

HEHE!!

We have another one of the plagues.. I think. The hebrew Rivers of Snot plague. See, long hard drought = snotty algae in river. Definitely the apocalypse...

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
...and I just noticed that intrptr had already covered that, so sorry for explaining that once again.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
I don't see any evidence of the two witnesses at this time, but a severe drought is happening right now:

The reason it would be interesting to find out is that there may be a prolonged drought around the world during the time of the two witnesses’ ministry since they have the ability to shutoff rainfall during their ministry.

Rev 11:6 These have power to shut heaven, that it rain not in the days of their prophecy: and have power over waters to turn them to blood, and to smite the earth with all plagues, as often as they will.

Perhaps the drought during the two witnesses’ ministry could play some role in causing water to turn blood-red during the pouring of the vial judgments by creating the conditions for the bacteria to thrive. This topic may warrant some further investigation in the future…

prophecyproof.blogspot.com...

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Who the hell flagged this thread!??

Do people just read the headline, and then flag it for some reason!??

There is absolutely nothing in here that shows any signs of the Apocalypse!!!!!

Seriously, wtf!

And no, this isn't even a prediction or anything remotely interesting. Its a natural phenomenon.

Claiming this is a sign of the Apocalypse!? Thread should be binned, or hoaxed.

vvv
edit on 15-8-2012 by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Scalded Frog

There are captions to the right......

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

I read your post and then decided to flag this.
There is a lot of water turning red recently and it is very interesting to me.
I know it's natural and not that unusual but i have never seen this.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep
Who the hell flagged this thread!??

There is absolutely nothing in here that shows any signs of the Apocalypse!!!!!

Seriously, wtf!

And no, this isn't even a prediction or anything remotely interesting. Its a natural phenomenon.

Claiming this is a sign of the Apocalypse!? Thread should be binned, or hoaxed.

vvv
edit on 15-8-2012 by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep because: (no reason given)

Don't take things too seriously my friend. I never take myself too seriously. Do I think this means the Apocalypse is on us at this very minute? no... Do I think it is creeping up on us? yes. This could be a warning. I personally believe the end will sneak up on us. It might take a few years yet... But then again it seems like my daughter was just learning to walk. I blinked a few times and now she is six... Well I must have blinked again because she is six and a half... maybe I will tape my eyes open...

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Ummmm. Lakes and rivers turning to blood

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Mass fish deaths elsewhere?

www.youtube.com...

I don't want to sound crazy here but I think according to the bible that is a major sign that THE S@#^ IS ABOUT TO HIT THE FAN big time...

I personally do not think you are crazy.........................................

I think you are on the money.

Through the prayers of the Mother of God, have mercy on us and save us. Amen.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Naaaa, that's nothing.... in those days it's gonna be like:

resident evil
The book of Eli
The walking dead

and a gazillion other gorry depictions all rolled into one. These days will be long over. It will be the facebook people enslaved in prison cities, like a bunch of robots like the movie Gattica, and the wasteland people, living in no mans land trying to survive. That's my prediction.
edit on 16-8-2012 by r2d246 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by r2d246
Naaaa, that's nothing.... in those days it's gonna be like:

resident evil
The book of Eli
The walking dead

and a gazillion other gorry depictions all rolled into one. These days will be long over. It will be the facebook people enslaved in prison cities, like a bunch of robots like the movie Gattica, and the wasteland people, living in no mans land trying to survive. That's my prediction.
edit on 16-8-2012 by r2d246 because: (no reason given)

There would be no Denzel or Ethan Hawke to protect us, though.

BIG difference.

Yep.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
The sun is only 2x brighter (which is causing evaporation and salt content to be so high) but will eventually get to 7x brighter and hotter. When we get to seven the seas will BECOME AS A DEAD MANS BLOOD. Can we all say water purification tablets PLEAAASE!. Oh, by the way sleep will be at a premium also. The moon will shine as bright as the sun. Best choice is to give your life to JESUS CHRIST and be outta here dudes/dudettes.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yule C Mann
The sun is only 2x brighter (which is causing evaporation and salt content to be so high) but will eventually get to 7x brighter and hotter. When we get to seven the seas will BECOME AS A DEAD MANS BLOOD. Can we all say water purification tablets PLEAAASE!. Oh, by the way sleep will be at a premium also. The moon will shine as bright as the sun. Best choice is to give your life to JESUS CHRIST and be outta here dudes/dudettes.

The sun is not gonna get 7x hotter any time soon.... It might get 2-3 degrees hotter in our lifetime. Saying crap like that followed by a "give your life to christ" is what makes people NOT want to do that.... juuuust sayin...

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
So, just to be a pill, would it be safe to say that when the bible recorded it's information, that over the 2000 years it may have heated up 7 degrees? Since the book was first penned?

How about the concept of algae turning the sea red? If you look at the context of how ancient man two millennium ago viewed the world...

Wouldn't they see a sea or lake turning red as blood? Wouldn't that assumption, even though erroneous, be further validated when the sea life starts turning belly up in the water?

You can't look at the past societies as having the same understanding or view point as modern man. However, that does not mean they didn't have value, or morals, or intelligence. It does not mean we should toss all their works and writings aside and not learn from them.

Simplified, the bible says, the last time earth changes started to accelerate, as they are doing today, everything went kaboom and the world flooded taking the majority with it! So buckle up and enjoy the ride.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   

You're not crazy for believing in prophecies coming from a source that has proven to be true time and time again (the Bible). Our planet is on the verge of destruction and has been increasingly much so just during yours and my generation. I agree with you.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join