It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Temecula Ca. On Fire

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

Let us know your status win. I know this sucks despite my poor taste in humor.

There have been some residents hospitalized by severe burns and now there have been two firefighters injured.

My prayers go out to them.
edit on 15-8-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Will do! It's cooler today, only 84 right now, but the sky is grey with a smokey haze, and there a layer of soot on everything!

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Yeah Randy, we are good. Up where the fire is there are 20 acre parcels and ground cover is tinder.
and agreed, put us together and we rally up and become human real fast.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Some more pics.

Last night

Today

Command center in Hemet

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

UPDATE:

The 4 fires that I spoke of earlier doesn't include the Temecula fire.

They say there are now 5 brush fires near Julian, in East County San Diego, burning over 9000 acres! The fire department is concerned that they may merge.

www.nbcsandiego.com...

As of 6:30 a.m. Wednesday, all five fires in the Vallecito Lightning Complex have scorched 9,325 acres. Cal Fire reports the fires are 15 percent contained. The group of fires includes the Wilson Fire, Stewart Fire and Cooper Fire located near Scissors crossing, the Wynola Fire and the Vallecito Fire that burned southeast of Julian.

Source: East County Fires Burn 9,000+ Acres | NBC 7 San Diego

The military is coming in to help the town of Ranchita.

Here's the bigger map: media.nbcsandiego.com... but it hasn't been updated with 2 new fires!

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Holy crap Win are you in any danger yet ?
Hey and thank you so much for bringing the news to this thread. Keep up the good work.
Please keep us updated.

If you need any help let us know guy ! I will drive right down there no matter what. I'm not so far I can't help you out.

Please be safe Winword.

Maybe you could post a pinpoint on the map for your home to the proximity of the fires. So we can know where you're at ?

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Wow, its a bunch cooler tonight. and the wind never kicked up much either.
I dont have the resources to investigate. They must be getting a hold on it?

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by rebellender
reply to post by randyvs

Wow, its a bunch cooler tonight. and the wind never kicked up much either.
I dont have the resources to investigate. They must be getting a hold on it?

Over 400 firefighters and tons of resources but a fire is never over till it's over.

Stay tuned Rebel, Winword might need some help.

Just went outside and man you are so right. Much cooler right now than it has been in days. Finally some relief.
Might just get some sleep tonight.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

The fires are up around the Julian area and in toward Anza/ Barrego. I live at the bottom left area, in the Lake Jennings area. They're moving north, so I think I'm okay, this time.

We did have to evacuate during the San Diego wild fires, back in 03. The Blossom Valley fire was so close you could feel its heat on you face and see the wall of flames crest over the ridge. We were literally surrounded with fire.

A friend of mine lost her house and animals in that fire, as she escaped in her car, that she drove while it was also on fire! Many people who lived in a gated community, died in that fire.

I was shell shocked for awhile after those fires.

edit on 15-8-2012 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Alright Winword screw that, if you need any help or a just a place to kick it for while, my home is open to you and yours. I mean that and my wifee is the best person you could imagine. ( She puts up with me ) And we have a nice place with two extra rooms. The air is off but it has cooled here considerably. Come on up. Let me know I'll pm you my phone No.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

There's that big heart! Hey, thanks for the offer. I think I'll be ok, but if I need to bug, me and the kitties will stay at my daughter's. She owes me and she closer.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Ain't nothin Win.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I will do anything I can

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
double post
edit on 15-8-2012 by rebellender because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by andy06shake

Thats what i like to see rich folks hopes and dreams up in the air. They really should learn to share the wealth more evenly. I hope the population and local wildlife dont sustain to much damage, but as for all the mansions going up in flames, burn baby burn!

Let's play out your line of thinking.
The last fire that came through San Diego in 2007 resulted in the following

San Diego County Fire name Date / time started Area burned Structures destroyed Injuries Containment Witch (Creek) October 21 at 11:00 a.m. 197,990 acres (801 km2) 1040 homes 414 outbuildings 239 vehicles 70 homes damaged 25 outbuildings damaged 2 deaths 39 firefighters 2 civilians 100% Harris October 21 at 9:30 a.m. 90,440 acres (366 km2) 206 homes 252 outbuildings 253 structures damaged 5 deaths 34 firefighters 21 civilians 100% Poomacha (Palomar Mountain/Valley Center) October 23 at 3:13 a.m. 50,176 acres (203.06 km2) 143 homes 77 outbuildings 21 firefighters 100% Horno/Ammo October 24 21,084 acres (85.32 km2) 6 firefighters 100% Rice October 22 at 4:16 a.m. 9,000 acres (36.4 km2) 206 homes 2 commercial properties 40 outbuildings 5 firefighters 100% McCoy October 21 300 acres (1.21 km2) 1 residence 1 outbuilding 100% Coronado Hills October 22 at 1:50 a.m. 250 acres (1.01 km2) 2 outbuildings 100% on Oct. 22

Many rich people's homes were destroyed, they lost everything. Most rich people work hard and put a lot of time and effort to be able to afford such a house. They have memories and items of personal sentiment that were destroyed in the fires.

I worked for many of these rich people and many of them were unable to use my services because they were having to go through the rebuilding process, some even moved away. So I lost clients and the business that these rich people frequent lost business as a result of the devastation.

I understand the want for rich people to suffer I thought the same way, having to work for them and stuff, but when you see how it effects them personally and how the community suffers its no fun at all.

There is a chain reaction to all these events, that can effect you. You rooting for the rich to burn could come back to haunt you.

edit on 16-8-2012 by Observationalist because: Added posters quote

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   
I lived in that area up until a few years ago. Lots of tender to burn surrounding every city in So Cal. Bummer ..... The last big fire leveled everything in 1996? I think it was. 100 year old chaparal went up like gasoline. I saw firestorms carry silo's hundreds of foot into the air and drop them thousands of feet away in the tornado-like whorl-wind fires. Made me think of the Wizard of OZ and the witch getting crushed.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Observationalist

Oh im sorry i see the error of my ways now, how could i not have seen this before! Your right i should embrace the rich capitalist scums way of life! LoL LoL LoL

As i have said before, i hope the general population and wild life are ok. As for there mansions stuff them! 10-1 they prioritise saving the rich twats mansions before joe publics abode. And then justifi there action by saying "Oh we had to do it that way or this way, the fire was traveling in this direction or another." You know it could get really screwed up if FEMA turns up the local water supply is sure be appropriated by them!
edit on 16-8-2012 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by andy06shake

Ok, I appreciate that you can have your opinion on capitalism, and your conspiracy theory.

I don't want to derail this informative thread into a debate about capitalism, so I will leave it at that.

Sorry OP, I felt I just couldn't let his comments go un checked.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

The Op dont have a problem with my opinions, and he lives close to the tragedy. And yes i am entitled to my opinion, the day that i/u are not allowed to have opinions/views is fast approaching so then maybe you will be happy and i will be quiet, eh?

edit on 16-8-2012 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Actually I'm finding the debate fascinating. A little odd in this venue but if the Mods are down, I don't mind.
I don't believe it's completely off topic either.
edit on 16-8-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join