It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

600,000 Rounds of .40 Cal ammo for the Capitol Police.....Why?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Just a thought. Could it be all about this?

Video of anonymous collaborating a collage of videos exuberating what could be a arms buildup.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Hollow Point

=fragmentation rounds?
dont you use them on zombies?

intended to cause the bullet to expand upon entering a target in order to decrease penetration and disrupt more tissue as it travels through the target.

Link
the Target is You!

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by jennybee35

whats the size of the force?? if the force is 100,000 personnel strong than its 6 bullets each..

20,000 personnel is still only 30 bullets each, can hardly train with 30 bullets.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by choos

Roughly 1800 Officers, That National Weather Service blip about ordering ammo is bunk too. These articles only scare civillians, I don't care if the capitol police buy a million rounds if they got a good deal. People get scared over the silliest things.

I don't even know why this is news... Oh I know, because the tinfoilers and fearmongers eat it up!

At the end of the day it doesn't matter if the 1,800 officers have 1000 or 10,000 rounds each at their disposal, they only come out of the barrel 1 at a time.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Wow its like they are preparing for an alien invasion

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by smokenmirrors

Originally posted by schuyler
600,000 rounds. OK. How many police are on the rolls? 1800. If you divide the amount by the number of officers, that's a bit over 300 rounds apiece. I do not think this amount is outrageous. I went through 300 rounds a day at my last training class.

Yep, much ado about nothing UNLESS one considers the type of ammo they are purchasing. Normally for range work one uses cheap FMJ, it appears this order is for 165 gr. Speer gold dots, a rather decent expanding hollow point ammunition.

IMO you ought to train with what you shoot. The reaction of a firearm to different kinds of ammo varies. More grains per carttidge means a greater kick. It's going to handle differently. Dollars to donuts they are using 40mm Glocks on the force. (Glock will sell them that model for less than $100 apiece.) You wouldn't want to be surprised by your pwn gun. From a theoretical and training standpoint it makes perfect sense. From a taxpayer expenditure standpoint it does not, but since when has government cared about frugality when spending tax dollars?

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
Hopefully they are just buying in bulk to save taxpayer money and the rounds are for training purposes.

One good thing here: The second delivery is scheduled for no later than Dec. 30th. Maybe that means the government is not too worried about Dec 21st.

Someone please explain why the Social Security Administration needs 174,000 rounds.

Who are they planning to shoot? I wasn’t even aware that anybody in that administration was armed.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Considering that it is not uncommon to fire 300-500 rounds in one session at a training range, I don't think this is a bigdeal. Hopefully they are just training the officers more.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
Considering that it is not uncommon to fire 300-500 rounds in one session at a training range, I don't think this is a bigdeal. Hopefully they are just training the officers more.

I think the big deal comes into play if these orders (both quantity as well as round type - hollow pt vs fmj) are out of the ordinary. Right now, they seem to be very alarming, with departments not normally thought of as armed and actively training, and seemingly enormous amounts. But if this is a standard yearly, or every-other-year order, then no big deal... just sensationalizing something out of context.

In all of these posts and linked articles, I've yet to see someone come up with any research to show if these orders are withing the range of "normal" or not. While I'm leaning towards thoughts of "uh oh, something's afoot" I'd be interested to see some data that would keep me off the ledge here.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
It could be many reasons. There could be a lot of training going on or they could just be doing a routine stocking of the shelves and perhaps they are spreading it out over various agencies so no one agency goes over budget. Maybe they are also preparing for the election. Regardless of who wins, there could be a whole lot of angry people who think the election was rigged and decide to vandalize major cities or something.

Or perhaps the military is stupidly going to invade Iran (or some other country) and they are hiding the ammunition build up by dispersing it through various agencies.

I'm going to go with routine shelf stocking though. For now. Still, the weather service? That one is curious to say the least.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Police buying ammo in bulk..... What a shocker......Must be ww3..... Retards

top topics

<< 1   >>

join