It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Incredible Miniature Pencil Carvings

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Dalton Ghetti is a 49-year old carpenter from Bridgeport, Connecticut, and he has been carving the most incredible miniature sculptures for over 25 years without the aid of a magnifying glass. His canvas? The tiny tip of a lead pencil.

Mr. Ghetti often takes years to complete pieces, especially since pencil carving is only a hobby. A standard figure will take several months however the alphabet carvings below took about 2.5 years!

Link

Mr. Ghetti said when interviewed that what amazes people the most is the amount of time it takes to turn one of these sculptures out. That's what really floored me. I like eccentric people like this that do strange tings as a hobby or form of meditation. Beats watching TV. He has apparently never sold any of his work. I wonder if there would be a market for it. I suppose shipping would be a real beast.

Just thought I would share something I was rather wowed by with the rest of you guys.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Creativity at its best...when you do something that you absolutely love, and produce utterly unique creations because of it, it just doesn't get better than that.

Thanks for sharing.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

This is inspirational! Great find and thanks for sharing. I have recorded the site and will utilise this and some links I followed - in the classroom - not just for the artistic dimension but also for the extended thinking processes that are the basis for the artworks.

Awesome - put a smile on my face - thank you for that!

Much Peace...

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
S&F for sharing something different!
People can do amazing things when their soul is put into it. It may not be the Mona Lisa...but it is equally as beautiful IMO.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
alls I can say is....LOVE IT!!!!

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I've seen these pieces of art a few years back , and they are truly amazing.

He has quite a talent , and does some very intricate and detailed work.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Explanation: S&F!

I was completely DRAWN to this thread!

Personal Disclosure: Seems to OL that this awesome artist has CARVED themselves are real pretty niche!

P.S. I hope this post isn't over the line?

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
So very very cool!

Its great to know that real use-your-hands skill still exists in a world where so much is automated and done by machine.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   
That'll put some lead in your creative pencil. Fantastique. Thanks for sharing.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaLogos

Explanation: S&F!

I was completely DRAWN to this thread!

Personal Disclosure: Seems to OL that this awesome artist has CARVED themselves are real pretty niche!

P.S. I hope this post isn't over the line?

Reported for the puns.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

What "WOOD" LEAD you to believe this response was okay? I would ERASE it if I were you. You might even want to PENCIL in an appointment with a psychologist or at least SHARPEN your posting skills. (man that was corny, lol)

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by nobody you know

How many of you must I report for punning?

top topics

join