It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Broad Haven School UFO Incident Wales - 1977 Part 1

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by FireMoon

Thanks for bumping this thread and posting the link. I thought it was a bit strange that they found metal doors in the side of the rock, underwater. I wonder if there's any connection to the secret American base in the area, they have a base in the Bermuda triangle "AUTEC" where there is a cable coming from the base. It goes under water then down into the abyss where divers can't follow it, there is talk of USO s down there and speculation of a gateway to other dimensions.

@ mirageman, I remember reading this thread when you first posted it, that was before I was a member. What I can't understand is why the school head didn't go look for himself, it was there long enough, maybe he was scared. This does seem to be a lot like the Westall case but 11 years later.
Just want to let you know I did see your other thread, thank you for that.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by LEL01

Thanks Firemoon for the video. I still think this case is one of the more intriguing ones. There were just too many odd and peculiar events going on around the same time in the area for this to be dismissed as children imagining things.It is interesting that the school teaching staff confirmed they saw something but did not wish to appear in the press. Yet the stories of the witnesses have remained basically the same as they were almost 4 decades ago.

LEL01 - the west coast of Wales has some really odd tales about UFOs and USOs and this continues northwards up the west coast of England as well. As for the other thread
. Glad you like it and something even better may be on the way.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by mirageman

The Welsh do seem to have had a lot of strange things happen over the years, some of the UFOs are said to have been caught on radar and one on a web cam/weather cam. I'm sure I saw on a documentary that the army closed off a mountain at one point and wouldn't let anyone go up there for a few days, that might have been weeks, my memory isn't so good.

Firemoon's video got my attention when they started talking about disc shaped craft flying into the rocks, looking as if they were swallowed by up the rock. Then to have divers find steel doors in the side of the rock under water just adds to the mystery.

I'm not sure what to make of the humanoids seen on the rock, so I googled St Brides Bay to see if I could find out more and found somebody talking about the book Firemoon mentioned earlier in this thread, The Uninvited. It turns out the Coombs family saw the humanoids disappear through a doorway in the side of the rock and the doorway just faded away.

I don't know if you found a copy of that book but this guy said it's very rare, I couldn't get the link to work for that, it was at the Round Table. The second post there has more of the story than the first post and more than the link they posted.
This is the link to where they found the story, boltonufosociety
Link

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by LEL01

The Welsh do seem to have had a lot of strange things happen over the years, some of the UFOs are said to have been caught on radar and one on a web cam/weather cam. I'm sure I saw on a documentary that the army closed off a mountain at one point and wouldn't let anyone go up there for a few days, that might have been weeks, my memory isn't so good......

Hello again LELO1. That incident sounds like the Berwyn Mountains case from early 1974. There are stories of military activity and even a recovery of alien bodies that have appeared from some researchers. I am not so sure of the latter. I also have a suspicion, although it's totally circumstantial, that the Berwyn case may well have been linked to the sightings of strange "helicopters" in the close by counties of Cheshire and Derbyshire prior to the incident.

Just in case you didn't see them. I did a write up on Berwyn here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And the phantom helicopter story here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

However don't take my word for it. Check these stories out for yourself and make your own mind up.

Oh and I never did track down that copy of the Uninvited.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Yes, that is what I was talking about, I did read the thread but I see you added more to it. Thanks for the link, I will have to read it again to refresh my memory. I've got no idea what was going on with the helicopters, when you look at the different stories together you have to wonder if there is a connection.

With the school children, they seem to have ruled out all of the down to earth explanations and I do think they were telling the truth. So if some of the other stories are true then that leaves us with other worldly events, UFOs that go into and out of the water make it very hard for me not to think it's Aliens until I see some evidence that it's not.

I'm sending you a message about the book, I wasn't sure if I should have posted it here.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Interesting case, especially to read the different reactions of the school children involved. "IF" the Westallchildren had been at Broadhaven, they would have chased after the thing, so we would know for sure whats what.

I would be more convinced of this event if they saw the craft levitate up and take off. I see one released report claiming the the incident was staged, but it doesnt say what he used for the spacecraft prop. Seems like too much effort for a hoax. On the fence for this one, reminds me of the Lonnie Zamora case at Socorro , where there is a suspicion of hoax, but again, seems like too much effort.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: mirageman

It’s not a blockbuster UFO story like a Roswell or a Rendlesham Forest. There are no tales of abduction , no little grey men, and no evidence other than eye witness testimony. Some of which may be exaggerated or even fabricated by people seeking attention. However something odd really was going on from late winter into the summer of 1977 around Broad Haven?

MM very interesting read and object descriptions - may not be much mate but it seems Welsh Author Neil Spring has based a new book on the 1970's Broad Haven sightings and says he has interviewed new witnesses.

Novelist's UFO research raises questions

“I located and spoke to many witnesses who never went on record with their sightings at the time,” said Neil. “My research has led to new questions being asked in the House of Lords. At the time of the sightings, the MOD asked the military police to look into the happenings, and did not tell ministers - or parliament..”

"A number of recently released Ministry of Defence files leave little doubt that a small number of sightings of aerial phenomena - particularly by military personnel, pilots and air traffic controllers - remain unexplained and unidentified,” Lord Black explained. “Neil Spring's fascinating new novel, inspired by declassified MoD files, underlines how many unanswered questions there are. There needs to be further examination of these issues in the hope of learning something new."

Link

Cheers.
edit on 30-9-2015 by karl 12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Thank you for being factual. The object was definitely not a manure spreader or a slurry tanker. To think that we would have mis-identified an object so familiar to us is ludicrous.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: DaveDavies

Hello Dave,

I am assuming you are one of the (then school children) who witnessed this very strange event. If you have the time would you care to tell us any more about this incident?

It's been puzzling me since I was a school kid too?

MM

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

The object was pearlescent silvery-grey, approximately 40 feet long, torpedo/cigar-shaped with an upper domed section that covered the central third of the vehicle and which was topped with a red pulsating light. I was the last of a dozen or so children to see the object on that day.
Our sighting was not the last visit to the school though and unbeknown to the children and most of the small community the craft returned a few days later and was on this occasion seen by a teacher and three of the canteen staff.
I have never in the last 38 years exaggerated or sensationalised the account of what I saw and have never suggested that what we saw was of extra-terrestrial origin.
Many suggestions have been made that what we saw was either an agricultural vehicle or an aircraft from nearby RAF Brawdy. I'd like to state categorically that this is definitely not the case as the majority of the children at the school, myself included, came from farming backgrounds and would have been able to identify any agricultural vehicle in use and besides agricultural vehicles and implements aren't known for their ability to fly and because of Brawdy's proximity we were also familiar with almost every RAF aircraft in the skies.
It was also independently verified that no vehicle was at the location of the sighting on that day and that because of the boggy ground it was impossible for any vehicle to be there.
I suffered years of bullying and abuse during my secondary school years,some of which was truly horrific but however much I was beaten I would never recant on my account. Even at the age of 11 I refused to abandon my principles. These days I'm quite defensive over the matter having spent the best part of four decades trying to get to the truth regarding what we saw.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Thank you so much for coming here to share your part
of the story. I just finished reading the tread & I find the
encounter to be quite fascinating, just like Westall. I am
thankful that you & your mates were brave enough to report
your experiences & stood your ground.

mirageman

These are the stories that I miss in today's world of reporting
UFOs & Aliens. It seems more difficult these days to find true
untainted experiences & with witnesses. Thank you for another
great read!
HAPPY HALLOWEEN!
Cheers
Ektar

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   
yes these are real.....I'm a pilot and a war veteran and an outdoorsman....I've seen the big cigar mothership......for about 12 seconds even.....and a crapload of orbs of three types. And in 1959 after the accident at rocky flats nuke joint.....I saw a saucer way up above where the Denver airport is now.....hovering for a while. By the way.....that accident was the first Chernoybol and the first sept. 11th of note ...Sept. 11 1958.

Scripturally they are real ....able to appear as any two or four legged animal or winged!! ( And Scripturally... they are not your friends )

of lately.......a week ago I saw what looked like an airforce jet at night doing aerobatics.....at like 80,000 feet. I saw blinks of light, unmistakable, and they were just as if the jet was north of Ft. Worth having fun.....but one of the flashes was discolored and looked more like a light was illuminating the entire wing surface, making it not a flash but like a slow roll of the aircraft....so the light looked illuminated wing paint....lasted two minutes....never spotted nothing; like that before, I gotta tell ya!!!
edit on 31-10-2015 by GBP/JPY because: our new King.....He comes right after a nicely done fake one

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Thanks for coming back and posting that Dave.

I can't offer an explanation and I think this case is one of those that remains "unexplained". Like a number of other cases from Britain around that era.

Anyway enjoy what is left of the Halloween and once again thanks for responding.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: DaveDavies

The object was pearlescent silvery-grey, approximately 40 feet long, torpedo/cigar-shaped with an upper domed section that covered the central third of the vehicle and which was topped with a red pulsating light.

Kudos for having the balls to make a report Dave and your description did put me in mind of the object involved in the Coyne incident four years earlier - no mention of a red light on the top though.

Also some other witness sketches here which appear quite similar -a good example would be 5B taken of the chart from the U.S. Symposium on UFOs in 1968.

Cheers.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 09:44 PM
link   
BBC update to this story as 40 Years has now gone by.

There were no alien invasions or tales of abduction, yet a UFO sighting by a group of Pembrokeshire school children remains one of the most famous cases in Wales. It was 40 years ago when a class of pupils at Broad Haven Primary School said they spotted a UFO in a field near their playground. It was one of a wave of sightings in the area in 1977 - dubbed the Dyfed Triangle. David Davies was 10 at the time and heard reports of pupils seeing flying saucers throughout the day. "I was a natural born sceptic so after the bell rang I decided to go to the area that the children said they had seen it," he told BBC Wales. He described seeing a silver "cigar-shaped" craft with a "dome covering the middle third". "My sighting only lasted a couple of seconds. It popped up and then went back behind a tree." Mr Davies said he did not feel afraid, "more in awe and wonderment", although he admitted he had "a strange desire to run away".

www.bbc.co.uk...

I will add a you Tube upload that has had a few views since Published on the tube on Sept 5th 2015 ??.

edit on 4 2 2017 by skywatcher44 because: .

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: skywatcher44

Yes 40 long years have passed since this incident and we have never found the solution.

What I find interesting is that Dave Davies also said this was not the last visit to the school.

Our sighting was not the last visit to the school though and unbeknown to the children and most of the small community the craft returned a few days later and was on this occasion seen by a teacher and three of the canteen staff. I have never in the last 38 years exaggerated or sensationalised the account of what I saw and have never suggested that what we saw was of extra-terrestrial origin.....

He is also correct that he has never changed his story (unlike some people involved in more high profile cases). I don't hold up any great hope of ever getting to the bottom of it all. But you never know?

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Sprig's military investigation is interesting. Reading Sprig's book, it's hard to understand what is investigative work, and what is simply part of the fictional narrative.

What I will say, is that book bears a striking resemblance to Ralph Noyes' novel "A Private Property".

I think it's possible to conclude that either:

- Sprig was influence by Noyes
- Or both books tell something about both the RFI and Broadhaven

Of course, both the school and the RFI happened near military installations. One dealing with a dragnet for submarine detection, the other for ICBM launches.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   

A new video of David Davis at the Broadhaven Conference.

Another with severe video issues from Peter Padget / Fischer

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   

A rather in depth and quality presentation on Broadhaven by Neil Spring, author of the watchers.

Notable takeaways:

People opposite Broadhaven Primary also saw the craft
The craft did return a few days later
The government was concerned about the effects of the Project Sosus (from the Oceanographic institute) on the population
Divers at the local diving club, some of them believe there is an underwater ladder mounted to the outcrop

posted on Dec, 16 2018 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I had to chime in here with my input as i live 20-30 miles fro broadhaven, in Carmarthen. The events spread as far as here, i believe there were two occasions of the local police chasing ufo's down the road. One down the main dual carriageway and the other down the b road towards Bwlchnewydd. Also a tall silver figure was seen on quite a few occasions standing besides the main dual carrigeway the a48. Yet another incident was in Idole where a woman driving home at night sat flashing lights ahead, just around the bend in the road, she slowed down thinking it an accident yet upon turning the corner she was shocked to see what appeared to be a ufo in the field behind the hedge. Lots of strange things going on in them days.

The first thing i thought of when looking into these goings on, was i thought it was strange that it all stopped suddenly when the American's left RAF Brawdy so i thought maybe it was secret American stuff. But on research i found RAF Brawdy was ajoint UK/US base, the UK only flew hawk trainers out of there and as for the American side they flew no aircraft, it was a monitoring station with a wire going out to sea, which apparently could detect Russian subs way out in the Atlantic. One strange incident there though happend when the emergency alarm went off. A handful of British soldiers ran to the American base to see if they could help (thinking it was a fire), they were met at gun point by US marines and told in no kind words to f off.

One last input, Randall Pugh Jones who investigated this phenomena in the 70's and early 80's spent his life investigating ufo's. So the story goes, one day he burnt all his collected papers and research and turned to Jesus saying it was all evil and demonic. I ofter wonder did he discover something that frightened the life out of him. I know in the last years of his life he would'nt discuss the subject.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join