It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Off-Duty Cop Crashes Motorcycle Into Little Girl Then Kills Her Enraged Dad!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
www.cafemom.com... ent=0

UNBELIEVABLE!
why are cops so quick to start blasting away at everyone?

he must have been driving too fast or recklessly to piss the father off like that.
now he's dead, probably killed right in front of his children.

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
As much as I hate cops, if the father was actually watching the little girl she wouldn't be dead. She was 4 years old and shouldn't have been wandering around in the road.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

When I'm out with my kids my head is on a constant swivel making sure they are in line of sight.

However things like this happen. And when it does it's a sad day.

Unfortunately kids do things in a split second and they get hurt and there isn't much you can do to stop it.

My youngest daughter was in our house she walked up to a chair turned it around in about a second face planted into the edge of a coffee table. She cut herself and bled bu luckily didn't require stitches. Stuff happens.

+9 more 
posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
It looks as if the 18-yr old cousin was probably in charge of the little girl, being she was the one who also ran after the girl into the street.

The cop should have never pulled a gun in this circumstance. He couldn't defend himself without resorting to lethal force? Everyone is so quick to pull a gun out for any reason. A real man would have backed off and not escalated the fight, even if it meant taking a few blows from an enraged father.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Just another incident for the Police Review Board to rubber-stamp as a justifiable killing. Too bad, but within guidelines, blah, blah, blah. Maybe a lawsuit will help, but this is what happens when you carry a gun and an I'm-above-the-law mentality.

+44 more 
posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf10

Maybe read the article you're referencing before posting. The child ran into traffic and was clipped by the officer who crashed while trying to avoid her, while he was attempting to assist the child the father jumped the officer and started beating him and was then joined by a family member. The four year old is recovering from her injuries so chances are it was a pretty minor accident. Do you have any other sources to back up your assertions that he was driving dangerously or that the use of force was unjustified? The source you posted doesn't back up any of your claims.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

She's not dead, it was the father that died.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   

The little girl is recovering from her injuries

If the man laid his bike down and was injured trying to avoid hitting the girl then he probably wasn't up to fight off the father.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by captainpudding

all i said was, he probably was driving too fast or recklessly.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
As much as I hate cops, if the father was actually watching the little girl she wouldn't be dead. She was 4 years old and shouldn't have been wandering around in the road.

That really is no f'ing excuse!!!!

All of us are required to drive safely, that means being ready for children or animals or blind people who might stray into the road.

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Remember, the police officer himself was injured. And even in full health it must be difficult to fight off an enraged parent who is standing next to his injured 4 year old daughter. You must've heard the stories about mothers lifting cars off of their injured children. Imagine what a father can do.

A four year old girl accidentally run over by a motorcycle, a father who is beside himself with rage and a police officer in mortal danger, about to collapse. It's just a tragic situation all around.

I don't like the title of the article. It feels like it's trying to spin this tragedy into someone's agenda.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Sounds very similar to another case that was in the headlines involving an armed person getting their butt kicked and shot and killed their attacker. $20.00 says the cop isnt charged

+19 more 
posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

The mere fact that he tried to avoid hitting the girl, only to have to ditch the bike in the process, would seem to demonstrate that he did everything in his power to avoid striking her in the first place. (?)

Sometimes an Accident is just that - An Accident.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer

A real man would have backed off and not escalated the fight, even if it meant taking a few blows from an enraged father.

Cops are taught to escalate to the point that they are justified in using a hammer.

If you use words they'll use tasers. If you step forward they'll use guns. If you use a gun they'll send in a paramilitary squad to murder your family.

As long as that brave officer gets home safe. God bless him.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
If someone was attacking me, punching and kicking, and I pulled out a gun and killed him in the street.. I would be in prison for at least 20 years.

Not justified until I hear more evidence that it was warranted to kill him.
edit on 14-8-2012 by SyphonX because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Sorry, but I'm going to side with the cop on this one.
I would have shot the father as well.
The off duty officer is just in this case.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
It sounds like poop sandwich all the way around. Enraged people doing stupid things, carelessness resulting in tragedy, injured people, dead people. What a disaster.

With regards to a few comments on here, some folks are wired only to look for a good guy and a bad guy. In this case confusion will reign in the brains of those incapable of deconstructing complex, real world, piles of crap. Sorry to those folks, as there is no winner or loser here. No moral high ground. Just a very sad affair.

link   
reply to post by SyphonX

We don't know if Zimmerman will get any years. (hope he wont he was just)
So hold off that statement for now.

link   
To be fair.. I do not see this as a case of a cop being trigger happy, or abusing his power. He went out of his way to avoid hitting the little girl and she was injured regardless along with her 18 year old cousin. The off duty officer immediately began to look after the little girl. The father chose to become violent, instead of helping look after his daughter. The Cop was nearly Unconscious, after taken a good beating from the father and cousin... And so he defended his life.

Very tragic.

Yet, I do not see this as a story to hate on the cops. There are plenty of stories to do that already.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Honestly, people are starting to say that the father just "went ballistic" and attacked the cop for no reason. Call me crazy, but it takes a little more than "an accident" for someone to randomly run up to a cop and start attacking him. Not only that, but supposedly a family member jumped in as well?

Definitely more to this. I wouldn't doubt it if the cop was being completely reckless.

Also, he was off-duty, so the man probably didn't even know he was a cop?
edit on 14-8-2012 by SyphonX because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join