It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biden to US South: "Romney plan would put y'all back in chains"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Vice President Biden drew a tough retort from Mitt Romney's campaign Tuesday after telling a Virginia audience that the Republican presidential candidate's plan to lift financial regulation would "put y'all back in chains." Romney's campaign responded by claiming the rhetoric marked a "new low" in the 2012 race.

politics.blogs.foxnews.com...

Gaffe-Master Biden is at it again. From recent memory, I can recall him asking a person in a wheel-chair to get up, telling Obama on mic and on-air that this is a big f*cking deal, saying jobs was a 3 letter word, said Rosevelt went on TV back in 1929 to address the nation and saying you cannot go into 7/11 unless you have an Indian accent.

This coming from a Canadian, and I remember these lol.

Is it possible for Obama to replace Biden as a VP, for Hillary. (I heard talk about this last month)
Has any past US President changed VP's during 2nd term election?
edit on 14-8-2012 by CALGARIAN because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

That's classic Biden for you!

In all reality, those of us in the South, who possess reason, don't get too involved in bringing up the Civil War or Reconstruction on a regular basis. It riles up way too many strong emotions in many people, both south and north of the Mason/Dixon line.

Fact of the matter is, it still hurts many areas. And we still have a lot of stereotypes and nasty truths to deal with.

But let 'ole "Joe Six-Pack" keep on rambling... that guy is always good for a soundbyte!
edit on 14-8-2012 by Dreine because: typo/addl comment

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Bidens actual quote

"Unchain Wall Street! They're gonna put y'all back in chains." Read more: politics.blogs.foxnews.com...

It's true.

I believe Mitt Romney gets aroused just thinking about how he would screw us all over and put us all back in financial chains if he were in office. He "loves being able to fire people" and he's "not concerned about the very poor". Both statements he himself made out of his devilish mouth.

See what I did there ? You probably don't.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Poor ol Biden. You know, as a person I really llike the guy. He has an amusing personality. Unfortunately, he isnt taken seriously and I have no idea what Obama was thinking.
His original quote was a little different, but then again.. this is why they they keep Biden duct taped in the closet of the Oval Office.
edit on 14-8-2012 by Advantage because: forgot a word.. SIGH

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

Biden says a lot of things that people who don't have a voice in this country would like to say, but don't have a national platform to say it on. He is the Tim Wise of Washington DC.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Carefully dicing up a quote to lift it from context. I just knew this had to be a right wing lie, as usual. The Right are without decency, scruples or honesty (funny how so many of them claim to be Christians). This one is especially vile in that the Right has cut the quote in a cynical and stench-ridden attempt to rile up racial hatred among their dimwitted groupies.

All the more reason this ex-Republican (moderate, fiscal conservative, social liberal) will NEVER, EVER again check off the R box while the zealots and Rovian liars run the show.
edit on 14-8-2012 by pajoly because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
*sigh* *face+palm*

Ya know....this romney dude and this biden dude must attend the snotty cracker association dinners held next to bonfires and white table cloths......

They have so much money they are rightfully disconnected from what is and what isn't...and will never truly represent the people because of it.

A vote for either one of them results in being whacked in the head with a tack hammer...so Im not sure what all the fuss is about? Either one of them will complete the agenda of pushing the country into the ground over the next 4 years.

Send em a message....dont vote at all...or vote ron paul....and if you dont like ron paul...then vote ted nuggent or chuck norris...no one will ever screw with the USA if chuck norris is in office.....hell we wont even need nukes.....we got chuck norris!

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by pajoly

Yep. I am watching his speech on CSpan right now. So, if any good came from this thread, it's that it made me turn on the TV and awww, there's Biden.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
honestly ive grown rather fond of ol'big joe Bidden. hes like Americas crazy uncle

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by pajoly

Carefully dicing up a quote to lift it from context. I just knew this had to be a right wing lie, as usual. The Right are without decency, scruples or honesty (funny how so many of them claim to be Christians). This one is especially vile in that the Right has cut the quote in a cynical and stench-ridden attempt to rile up racial hatred among their dimwitted groupies.

All the more reason this ex-Republican (moderate, fiscal conservative, social liberal) will NEVER, EVER again check off the R box while the zealots and Rovian liars run the show

Wouldn't it make sense, if what you was saying is true and thus you put the proof that the quote was misrepresentend???? Not saying you are not telling the truth, but geesh......

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
The south has been in chains for decades is call "welfare state" and under Obama unemployment highs has grown to record numbers.

So who cares who is in power the expansion of the welfare state is already here to stay as long as we the people gets short handed in the name of record profits for the ones running the nation the corporate dictatorship

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Nothing to see here folks, just another Democrat getting yet another free pass.
If this had been a Republican, you know damn well the race card would have been brought out right after the "booos" had died down.

Video: abcnews.go.com...

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
all Americans have been in chains since 1913.

keep voting for tyrants, like this jack$#@

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
There is one thing worse than an idiot in a position of power.

That would be an idiot in a position of power who cannot STFU.

Biden is that guy. The democrats must be so proud of him.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   

He said this to blacks. Not "the South." Blacks carry Southern culture throughout the country. We eat the same foods, like soulful music and worship, we have similar get together practices. They are part of the South but they are not the whole South, together Whites and Blacks alone truelly represent Southern culture. It is rare any one outside of those two ethicities assimilate to ol' southern culture. What Biden did was seperate them out. There were 660 present he spoke to them in a way mindful of Trading Places. He thought, " i am gonna go down to their level. I have these black voters where i want them and i am going to break this down." Imagine J.W. Wentworth in a n Addidas jumpsuit saying I want it now! Thats the way this disgutingly and condescendingly went down. But hey what do I know some of his best friends are black.
Please dont white wash the title. He condescended Southern Black people today with references of slavery perpetuated by the ol' Democratic party. Where is your sheet Biden? You ol prick. I am not buying you mispoke any more.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
It was a bit odd that he said 'ya'll' but then again I say it too at times. If I had heard the thing without the taint of 'oh noes' I wouldn't have thought a thing about it. Just didn't seem racial to me.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Biden is from Delaware... they say ya'll up there all the time... Just like Obama tried to use the correct vernacular and lingo when he has spoken to the NAACP in the past... which is condescending. Much as if Bush went to NJ and said..."You'se guys."

As for putting people "back in chains"... the Democrats have been doing this for decades by using the "War on Poverty" and Food Stamps, WIC, EBT, public housing, and other programs to undermine the role of men and fathers in low income families, and actually replace him with "Uncle Sam" as the father figure... feeding the family and making them dependent and therefore in bondage to the Federal Government for their lifestyle.

And if the community organizers and agitators play the role well.... the Democratic leadership will let them stay in the big house.

The Democrats undercut the dreams and independence of people and keep them on the plantation with out chains... "ifin' you wants to eat and work, you has to back up 'da folks in 'da big house."

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Everyone who sticks to the tired old two party Democrat/Republican paradigm is in chains of their own choosing. God have mercy on their souls.

Democrats and Republicans are two sides of the same coin. It is a filthy currency tarnished by greed and corruption that will no longer purchase honest representation for the American voter and taxpayer.

These men and women band together in gangs they call political parties in order to conspire together to scam, defraud, and extort money from the American voter and taxpayer.

Democrats and Republicans conspire to amass great personal fortunes during their time in Washington while running our country into the ground.

Every election cycle we have to choose between the lying, thieving, whore mongering Democrat or the lying, thieving, whore mongering Republican.

After every election the headlines scream "REPUBLICANS WIN!" or they scream "DEMOCRATS WIN!". But they never, never, never scream "AMERICANS WIN!". Why is that? It is because when Democrats and Republicans win, Americans get screwed.

The only way Americans are ever going to have an honest government is to quit electing Democrats and Republicans.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kastogere
*sigh* *face+palm*

Ya know....this romney dude and this biden dude must attend the snotty cracker association dinners held next to bonfires and white table cloths......

They have so much money they are rightfully disconnected from what is and what isn't...and will never truly represent the people because of it.

A vote for either one of them results in being whacked in the head with a tack hammer...so Im not sure what all the fuss is about? Either one of them will complete the agenda of pushing the country into the ground over the next 4 years.

Send em a message....dont vote at all...or vote ron paul....and if you dont like ron paul...then vote ted nuggent or chuck norris...no one will ever screw with the USA if chuck norris is in office.....hell we wont even need nukes.....we got chuck norris!

i was agreeing with you until you said vote ted nuggent or chuck norris. i really hope that was a joke but i still dont find it funny. it worries me you were sorta serious about ted nuggent.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
Nothing to see here folks, just another Democrat getting yet another free pass.
If this had been a Republican, you know damn well the race card would have been brought out right after the "booos" had died down.

Video: abcnews.go.com...

congrats , you were the first to truly play the race card in this thread.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join