It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

National Weather Service Follows DHS In Huge Ammo Purchase

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Why would the National Weather Service need to purchase large quantities of powerful ammo? That’s the question many are asking after the federal agency followed in the footsteps of the Department of Homeland Security in putting out a solicitation for 46,000 rounds of hollow point bullets.

Indeed, why the hell does the the NWS need hollow point ammo? Am I missing something here? What the hell is going on over there in America?

This story is all over my facebook homepage. It seems that Infowars broke the story and many other 'trusted' sites have reported it since.

Here is an update from infowars as it seems the story is evolving:

UPDATE: The Washington Post now reports, via a statement from NOAA spokesman Scott Smullen, that the original solicitation contained a “clerical error” and that the “solicitation for ammunition and targets for the NOAA Fisheries Office of Law Enforcement mistakenly identified NOAA’s National Weather Service as the requesting office.” This still doesn’t explain why hollow point bullets, designed to cause maximum organ damage, are needed for shooting at paper targets. Was the delivery of the bullets to the NWS a cover for them being transferred somewhere else? It’s entirely possible given the sordid history of Fast and Furious, a federal government program under which guns were sent directly to Mexican drug cartels.

Something is definitely amiss here.

More info:

www.businessin... sider.com/the-national-weather-service-is-shopping-for-46000-rounds-of-ammunition-2012-8#ixzz23Xo2zuzY

I don't pay much attention to infowars nowadays for obvious reasons but now and then, they stumble accross interesting stories...
Infowars

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Well that's certainly odd! S&F for you. Now I am going back for a second time to reread your post. TY for bringing this to our attention OP. I just can't imagine what this is about??

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Wide-Eyes

The NWS often shoots the moon with their forecasts.......Maybe they are going to shoot the clouds if they don't cooperate. Maybe they are afraid that people are going to start blaming them for the bad weather and need protection. Give me awhile and I can think up a lot of illogical reasons that the NWS needs bullets. Maybe the workers are going to take the bullets home as a new government benefit.

The NWS workers around here like to shoot the Sh#t around here, they need more ammo.

edit on 14-8-2012 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Maine, Massachusetts, and New Jersey? Are there any weather pro posters around? Why only up here in the north east? Arent there other NWS amongst the U.S.?

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse

The NWS often shoots the moon with their forecasts.......Maybe they are going to shoot the clouds if they don't cooperate. Maybe they are afraid that people are going to start blaming them for the bad weather and need protection. Give me awhile and I can think up a lot of illogical reasons that the NWS needs bullets. Maybe the workers are going to take the bullets home as a new government benefit.

The NWS workers around here like to shoot the Sh#t around here, they need more ammo.

edit on 14-8-2012 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

Those theories makes as much sense as is possible from a story like this! Look out for irritable, strapped weathermen. Not got enough rain? Don't worry, they have showers of lead to make the heat go away.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Posted yesterday.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

Ah, sorry, thought this story came out today. Checked the firehose and saw nothing. My bad.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
They have to fend off those global warming deniers somehow!

Other than that, I got nothing.

/TOA

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
It was probably just to resupply Game Wardens and stuff. A few rounds a piece to shoot at the range, and some rounds to carry while on duty.

The rounds they have won't last forever, they'll need to be changed one day.

Here's us - "They are buying in bulk, to prep for WW3!!!"

Here's them - "Hey guys, buy in bulk to save some cash, and get hollow points so I can bring some home for fun."

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Hollow point ammo greatly reduces the chances of over penetration compared to fmj ball ammo. Where I live, we call these guys Conservation Police. They have all the same authority as a regular cop, but they focus on wildlife related stuff. Why wouldn't they practice with the same ammo that they will be carrying in their duty weapons? You need to understand that different ammo has different characteristics relative to the adjustment of the gun sights. I don't see this story being that big of a deal.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
It is not too alarming considering over 1 billion rounds that has been ordered by homeland security recently.

posted on Jun, 19 2022 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: johnosal So is the plan to kill most of us now and take over America, and then the planet. Is that what the Ammo is for? Or do they prefer the SLOW death of starvation?

posted on Jun, 19 2022 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

gun grabbers figure if you can't pass laws to take guns, buy all the bullets, them magazines are bullets.

edit on 19-6-2022 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2022 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Smells like blowing excess budget at the end of the fiscal year.

posted on Jun, 19 2022 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chamberf=6

Posted yesterday.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The HEAT causes sane people to suffer hallucinations. The head of the National Weather Service may have been in the radar dome too long.

new topics

top topics

join