It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Women and the Princess syndrome

page: 20
<< 17  18  19   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I believe that is the kind of girl who closes her eyes during lovemaking because she can't stand the sight of someone else's pleasure. She is also the type that says "Enough of me talking about me, you talk about me for awhile.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Foley
Very true OP. The women here will only date a guy if he looks like Brad Pitt and makes a minimum of 250k a year. I said screw that,Went online in search of a Russian lady-Met many beautiful ladies who don't give a **** how much money a guy has and don't expect you to look like you walked out of a model catalog. Already engaged to a Moscow girl,Couldn't have been any happier with that route.
Now I know not all American women are egoistic,Especially all the ladies here on ATS are not
But man like 90 percent in this country are..

Haha nice.

So rather than improve yourself or lower your standards to a realistic level (not all girls can find Brad Pitts quite obviously since there are as many women as men in the US), you go for a girl whos standards are so low, they cant help but marry you. After all, if you were attractive or desirable to women here in North America, they would want you.

She is desperate for a better life than what can be offered in her part of Russia and will accept marriage from someone she has probably met only once, if that. Thats the very definition of desperate. Hopefully you dont get dumped the minute she gains citizenship and can find HER Brad Pitt.

edit on 16-8-2012 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by SearchLightsInc

You are full of assumptions.... feminism has pretty much taught you what their idea of the "traditional" woman is/.

how do you even get that definition of the traditional role?? should we blame the media????

The "traditional" woman was supposed to be a benefit for a man not a drain. They are supposed to work together to have a happy life together and build a happy family that will carry on the values of the husband and wife.

The man is supposed to give a woman what she needs to fulfill heself as a woman. All women aspire to have children and a family. If you say that is not so you are just lieing to yourself. I have met plenty of women who say they hate children yet they treat their pets as children. I just facepalm.

Both men and women are supposed to live for each other but both men and women have been taught to live for themselves. Feminism has done this to women and the traditional woman was the last thing holdings things together.

your mind is warped based on your definition of the traditional woman. I however cannot comment on the situation in the UK since I am unfamiliar with it just like you are unfamiliar with the situation in the USA>

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeantherapy

Originally posted by SearchLightsInc

That would be teachings of the "Traditional" female role, often set up in a patriarchy.

Queen means matriarchy, right? Why didn't she have the ladies' backs?

Because at the time of her "rule" parliament was the place where laws and such were made - Not the queen/king. This being fact, its also worth stating that at this time women were not allowed to stand as MP's or lords which effectively makes the power structure in this time period Patriarchal
This occured after the english civil war that was caused by Charles the 1st. Oliver cromwell (a puritan) Lead the army against charles the 1st, won the war, beheaded him at Whitehall. After this event, kings and queens were stripped of their rights to rule over a country and became littlemore than figureheads to represent the united kingdom.

Basicly, women have never really had political power up until recently so society is, and remains to be, a patriarchy - Although not as severe now that feminism improved the lives and prospects of many women.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
So the queens were basically worthless then? Why does England waste money on these people if they are not doing anything?

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by votan

You are full of assumptions.... feminism has pretty much taught you what their idea of the "traditional" woman is/.

Ive never met someone who claimed to be a feminist nor have i read any books by them. However, i have done my research on their movement and come to my own conclusions. Its also worth mentioning there are several different strands of feminism and its insulting to band them all together like they are the same. Sweeping generalizations are ignorant and distort facts.

how do you even get that definition of the traditional role??

The media is no longer responsible for pushing traditional gender roles like it did in the 40's and 50's. The main culprits for this in modern times are religious folk (of most organized religions) and misogynists who need women to be submissive to them.

should we blame the media????

My definition of the "traditional" gender roles can be found in all sociology books that cover the subject of gender. Also, if ever spend any time in a Bashing Feminism thread on ATS you'll come across many members screaming about "traditional gender roles" i.e Man works, woman stays at home.

The "traditional" woman was supposed to be a benefit for a man not a drain.

Indeed. She is to benefit him by making the home and looking after the kids - While remaining totally dependent upon his wage. Feminism encouraged women to go out and earn their own wage, in which they could then buy their own things, they call it independence and its directly opposite to "Princess syndrome"
Just to recap:
Traditional roles - Dependent woman that requires you to pay for her.
Modern roles - Women has opportunity to be independent and pay for herself.

They are supposed to work together to have a happy life together

Is that written down somewhere?

and build a happy family that will carry on the values of the husband and wife.

Not everyone is born on this earth purely for the reason of getting married and raising a family. If thats what you want to do then more power to you but its safe to say that that's not what everyone else wants.

The man is supposed to give a woman what she needs to fulfill heself as a woman.

Your opinion, you're entitled to it. I disagree though.

All women aspire to have children and a family. If you say that is not so you are just lieing to yourself.

Well, i must be the biggest liar of them all then! Growing a little human in my uterus, pushing them out of my vagina and raising them for a hellish 18 years doesnt appeal to me. Never has. Just like some men dont want kids. It happens.

I have met plenty of women who say they hate children yet they treat their pets as children. I just facepalm.

Lol, I think raising a pet is much less of a challenge than raising a child. Just because you treat your pet like part of the family doesnt mean you want to kick out some kids and go for it.

Both men and women are supposed to live for each other but both men and women have been taught to live for themselves.

No i disagree. I think some people naturally live for themselves and other people live for others. We all have different needs and wants. We all have different experiences that shape our expectations of life. Some people have been let down so much by others that they become completely un-trusting and un-relying on everyone around them. Research has shown that people from large families often dont bother to have kids or keep it to the minimum of one.

Feminism has done this to women and the traditional woman was the last thing holdings things together.

Feminism gave women the option to be independent. The economy forced women out of the household and into work in order for the family to stay fully supported.

your mind is warped based on your definition of the traditional woman.

My mind is working just fine thank you. My definition of traditional gender roles are also correct, see any sociology book that covers the subject of gender.

I however cannot comment on the situation in the UK since I am unfamiliar with it just like you are unfamiliar with the situation in the USA>

I can assure you, at least here in the north all the girls i know don't suffer from princess syndrome and teens have usually grown out of it come 19. Although it would seem that boys dont start to mature until mid 20's

also, i would like to apologise to any posters for this being off topic. I wont be getting into a debate on feminism however i only seek to disprove the notion that feminism is the cause of "princess syndrome"

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   

So the queens were basically worthless then? Why does England waste money on these people if they are not doing anything?

Well, they say that the royal family earns most of their own income through whatever they own, such as land. However, they are a sort of diplomat for the united kingdom.

For example, last year the queen visited Ireland in order to start strengthening relations between the two countries. She basicly meets all their important people and makes the country look civilized . Obviously it wouldn't work if no one respected the monarchy but for some reason they do.

Im also going off topic again (sorry mods!)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by nightbringr

So rather than improve yourself or lower your standards to a realistic level (not all girls can find Brad Pitts quite obviously since there are as many women as men in the US), you go for a girl whos standards are so low, they cant help but marry you. After all, if you were attractive or desirable to women here in North America, they would want you.

for me, I've lived in europe for several years and dated the women there, but now live in the states and have dated and almost married an american girl. I find much more shallow and prissy princess syndrome here in the states.

All I want is someone that I can say I have met my match. Smart, witty, genuine, down to earth, humble, meditates, no TV, and wants to be in LOVE regardless of pay.

She is desperate for a better life than what can be offered in her part of Russia and will accept marriage from someone she has probably met only once, if that. Thats the very definition of desperate. Hopefully you dont get dumped the minute she gains citizenship and can find HER Brad Pitt.

the guys that I know that married Russian brides, courted for years. Trips, phone calls, dates. They even told them, "look, in the US there is low, middle, high class... I am just an average guy with average pay and its no fantasy world over here. You'll have to work to help out just like I do, and in return I'll love you and treat you as my equal."

Fair enough!!!! They all come here and see that it never was what they thought it would be like, but still is better here than over there because primarily less of the men are drunks and the corruption is yet to get to Russian levels ....although I disagree. I believe corruption here is equal with Russian levels maybe even surpasses it

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   

It's my fault I should apologize to you. Though maybe I could stretch to say that discussing queens isn't necessarily irrelevant when analyzing princess syndrome.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   

It's my fault I should apologize to you. Though maybe I could stretch to say that discussing queens isn't necessarily irrelevant when analyzing princess syndrome.

Hahaha indeed

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Due to an abundance of off-topic and otherwise inappropriate posts in this thread..even after at lest two mod reminders .....it is temporarily being closed.

We expect civility and decorum within all topics - Please Review This Link.

Terms and Conditions of Use--Please Review
edit on Fri Aug 17 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 17  18  19   >>

join