It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Red Dawn 2012 Trailer !!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I've been waiting for this awhile now. It should be quite interesting.

I remember when the original came out in the 80's. In this day and age, I never thought we’d be looking at the Chinese. Another 20 years, I’m curious who might be next. That is of course we make it 20 years down the road, and don't manage to blow everything to holy hell!

Synopsis:
A group of teenagers look to save their town from an invasion of North Korean soldiers.

Your thoughts?

Note. Did search, and could not find.
edit on 14-8-2012 by Propulsion because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I don't like remakes..I liked the original..you just can't remake things like this..I remember watching Red Dawn on Beta-max

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Propulsion

The original was awesome!! I hope the remake can stand against it.

Did you know the original was listed as a Horror film when it was released, then later on it was changed to a Action | Adventure | Drama | Thriller?

Thanks for sharing!!
edit on 14-8-2012 by KnightFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neopan100
I don't like remakes..I liked the original..you just can't remake things like this..I remember watching Red Dawn on Beta-max
Haha...I remember when the Beta-Max came out. It came and went pretty fast. Yeah, I don't think anything could be like the origional. Either way, I am curious.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Neopan100

Beta max heyell yeah!
Good memories of watching this movie over and over and....Well buying a new copy anyway.
I generally agree about remakes but it will be nice to watch this one and see the product placement and all the subliminals.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Has already posted.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   

I'm getting old I guess. When I was little my dad put out a dish..you know the ones like NASA uses
That big ol' thing would take forever to turn..The remote looked like it would set off a nuke or something.."galaxy 4, satellite 6, channel 09..I don't know I just remember having to push in a bunch of numbers" Then he got fixes or codes for all the "good channels"..he had to dial them in..

what a long way we have come..

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by KnightFire

Did you know the original was listed as a Horror film when it was released, then later on it was changed to a Action | Adventure | Drama | Thriller?

Thanks for sharing!!

Did you know the original was listed as a Horror film?
In the original movie, the Chinese were attached with nuclear weapons. I could maybe see it as a horror movie if the Chinese mutated into zombies from the nuclear fallout, and then attached America. Other than that, I can’t see it as anything else.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I for one think it can best the original.

I remember watching this movie in the theatres when i was 13 or so and loving every minute. It was at the height of the cold war, and in my young mind the premise seemed plausable at the time. Not so much now.

But upon re-watching it last year, the rose colored glasses came off. Some of the acting was atrocious and of course the war would never have played out as it did. It went from a 5 star movie to a 2 and a half at best for me. This could hopefully be better.

edit on 14-8-2012 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Propulsion

Originally posted by KnightFire

Thanks for sharing!!

Did you know the original was listed as a Horror film?
I could maybe see it as a horror movie if the Chinese mutated into zombies from the nuclear fallout, and then attached America.

Now that would be an awesome Zombie movie.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I'm going to have to watch this now.

That marine brother is hot looking.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
This movie going to suck. I wonder what kind of propaganda is in this film?

top topics

join