It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 Facts that Contradict the Pyramid Tomb Theory

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Hi ATS,

Here is a recent article I have written (PDF format) which presents 10 facts that contradict the pyramid tomb theory(PTT) as posited by mainstream Egyptology.

10 Facts that Contradict the Pyramid Tomb Theory.

This is by no means an exhaustive list and I fully intend to add to it as time goes on. Indeed, if anyone here on ATS can suggest other such anomalies/contradictions to the pyramid tomb theory, I'd be happy to include them in future versions of this article.

I hope that at least one or two of you find it of some interest.

Best wishes,

Scott Creighton

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Thanks for yet another good read. Although a lot of it is something you´ve said before, it´s always nice to read your coherent and well structured articles.

I´m afraid I´m too much of a couch potato to add anything useful to the list.
But from what I have read thoughout the years I think you are on to something, in general with your research.

I just wanted to thank you for your down to earth presentations, I´m glad there are still some "alternative" researchers(unless I´ve misunderstood you) that doesn´t need some grand conclusion in order to present anything.
That in my book, is why so many researchers of alternative thought fail. The need for a shocking or mysterious conclusion(rarely with any credebility), as if the fact that whatever subject written in stone for X years all of a sudden crumples, isn´t enough.

Thank you for igniting my interest in Ancient Egypt again. I actually have a small question, but will try and find the appropriate thread to post it.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by FedtStensDyr
Thanks for yet another good read. Although a lot of it is something you´ve said before, it´s always nice to read your coherent and well structured articles.

I´m afraid I´m too much of a couch potato to add anything useful to the list.
But from what I have read thoughout the years I think you are on to something, in general with your research.

I just wanted to thank you for your down to earth presentations, I´m glad there are still some "alternative" researchers(unless I´ve misunderstood you) that doesn´t need some grand conclusion in order to present anything.
That in my book, is why so many researchers of alternative thought fail. The need for a shocking or mysterious conclusion(rarely with any credebility), as if the fact that whatever subject written in stone for X years all of a sudden crumples, isn´t enough.

Thank you for igniting my interest in Ancient Egypt again. I actually have a small question, but will try and find the appropriate thread to post it.

Hi FedtStensDyr,

Thank you kindly for your post. It is always good to know that there are people out there who enjoy reading my work. Glad too that it has ignited your interest in this amazing civilisation. I look forward to your question(s) whenever you are ready.

Best wishes,

Scott Creighton

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Very interesting article. S+F

I am curious though, if you do not believe they were used as tombs what do you think they were most likely used for?

I am not sure if this is true about all pyramids but I have read that some pyramids have very low amounts of oxygen the further in you go. So it makes lighting passages with torches difficult or impossible(Oxygen is needed for combustion). As far as I know the egyptians didn't have flashlights, so it makes these giant structures rather useless if they need to walk around blind. I've heard of a mirror theory as well trying to reflect sunlight around the corners, but the light heavily diminishes after only a few corners. Depending on the available oxygen it could potentially create a carbon monoxide hazard as well. Again I am no expert on the subject, but if this is all true then how did they intend to lay people to rest in there if they can't see and could potentially suffocate in the process.

(Stretch Warning)

To address the issue of the current of lack of oxygen(assuming my information is correct). The simplest answer is that this is wrong and there must have been a surplus of oxygen at the time for both breathing and lighting torches. So then the next logical step would be to conclude that oxygen was either produced through Photosynthesis or Electrolysis.

You mentioned seeds/soil inside the structure so that could support the photosynthesis argument, however this means that at least one room must have have illuminated by sunlight.

Alternatively a support for the Electrolysis argument would be the baghdad battery, since two baghdad batteries connected together, one with an acidic mixture and the other with water would essentially create an electrolyzer. Electrolyzers are incredibly easy to build at home. For those that don't know an electrolyzer splits Oxygen/Hydrogen from water. We also know that hydrogen is very reactive and even with minimal production of hydrogen/oxygen there should be some signs of internal erosion over time. This could help explain some of the air bubbles in the limestone that are currently being used to support the masonary theory.

I don't necessarily believe any of this, I am just trying to throw random ideas out there. I know very little about the pyramids, but I do have a passion for science.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Scott Creighton

I love compilations like this. I bookmark and refer to them when having discussions on the history of 'us'. Thanks for this.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by SamLuv

I love compilations like this. I bookmark and refer to them when having discussions on the history of 'us'. Thanks for this.

Hi SamLuv,

You are very welcome. I am presently compiling much more material and will be adding it to this article over the next weeks and months ahead.

Best wishes,

Scott Creighon

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I would like to make a few points that I hope you take with reason instead of bias.

In the Bible, it is mentioned that the Great Pyramids demonstrate the Lord's glory. I find this interesting.

Also, seeing as how the catholic church has no problem making the Pope out to be Jesus Christ incarnate, I figured that it is possible that Osiris was originally the name of the God to the Egyptians at one point - only to be hijacked by paganism and ritualism. So is it possible that the Osiris bed that you are referring to was actually supposed to be a metaphorical instrument?

I understand that you know a great deal about Egypt. But I also hope to show you through a little wisdom that it is possible that the resurrection was not taught ONLY for kings in the beginning - but that it was taught for all people and eventually kings glorified themselves and taught that they were the only ones worthy of such a thing.

I wonder if Osiris bed like objects have been found in places unseemly, such as places where those of a more common heritage might have been?

A few other interesting points of interest here to me.

Orion's belt is clearly important here. I think it should be noted that because of Earth's rotation and revolution, Orion is only visible at night during certain seasons. So, is it possible that part of the reason for the pyramids being built was to have a somewhat physical reminder during the days of that season and also during the day and night of the season in which Orion would have been a part of the day sky, out-shined by the sun? So then, these physical reminders would be almost like physical manifestations or metaphors of 3 god-like entities?

I find it very convenient for me to see that the Great Pyramid would represent God the Father, the other two would represent Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit. Then the queen's pyramids would represent the brides to be and the sand would represent the people of the earth. Of course, the Lord does not wish people to worship a physical piece, but rather, He would have people understand the difference in their size to His.

Maybe?

And then also, would not the inward parts of the pyramids represent everything in relation to God? For example, path begins descending and then continues except you come into an ascending passageway. You can continue going down or you can seek the truth (the inscription) to find the ascending passageway. Then as you go up, there is only so far the queen goes before she finds the straight path to her chamber. The queen represents the bride. There is a well drain; this represents the queen still giving water to those who chose the descending path and the water arrives to those descend just before they arrive at the chamber, like a way of saying, "Here is a taste of where I am, come back before you die!" Which would be the subterranean chamber; death.

Then the Grand Gallery would represent the ascension to heaven, which belongs to the Son of God. Then the antechamber represents the transition from physical form to spiritual form so that one may be in the presence of the Lord. The King's Chamber represents the place of the throne of God. This is where the Son of God sits. Then the relieving chambers would represent how the power still comes from up above. See how the King's Chamber seems to be placed at the "heart" of the pyramid? But then, isn't the mind what gives the heart power? So the relieving chambers would point to the top of the pyramid. And the top of the pyramid points up, which is to say that the source of power is still greater, and yet unseen.

And yet, all these things are WITHIN the Great Pyramid. This is a symbol of how Jesus Christ said that not only is the Father in Him and He in us, but we are also in Christ and yet also in the Father.

So then the pyramid represents how we are all in the Father, Life, and lays out metaphorically the direction we take in life and how far we are allowed to go and what we do with it...

And then when Egypt became pagan, all of the understanding went awry. Pharaohs and kings attempted to recreate these pyramids for their own personal glorification and manipulated the stories to suit their own needs and to give mythology to the people of Egypt.

I am sure I could sit and ponder all of this things continually, but I will rest here for now.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by centrifugal
Very interesting article. S+F

I am curious though, if you do not believe they were used as tombs what do you think they were most likely used for?

Hi Centrifugal,

The early, giant pyramids of ancient Egypt absolutely were not and could not have been used as tombs for the kings of that period as I hope my article, 10 Facts that Contradict the Pyramid Tomb Theory demonstrates.

What do I think the pyramids were used for?

See my article here: The Pyramid Genesis Plan.

Hope that answers your question.

Best wishes,

Scott Creighton

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   

After reading your first article I thought to myself, in what situations today do we build similar structures. My conclusion was either bunkers or seed vaults. I don't spend alot of time researching the pyramids, but it probably doesn't take a genius to make that connection even lacking the knowledge regarding the religious beliefs. So your second article makes perfect sense. You definitely went through alot of effort to substantiate the theory. Thanks for another good read.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Dear Mr. Creighton,

Can you read Ancient Egyptian?

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by seen2much
Dear Mr. Creighton,

Can you read Ancient Egyptian?

SC: I can read many of the standard formulae hieroglyphics but I confess to be very much a novice and have to rely on a number of dictionaries for complex inscriptions and even then struggle to obtain an accurate interpretation. Readings can be confounded further with the use of palimpsests whereby multiple layers of text can often obscure the original and later texts and thereby the meaning.

Regards,

SC
edit on 7/10/2012 by Scott Creighton because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Dear Mr. Creighton,

In that case I adjure you to get a degree in Egyptology to get a firm philological grounding. Unfortunately, "scholars" will continue to write you off due to a lack of a diploma regardless of the very interesting points you raise. You have to beat them at their own game because academia is territorial and vindictive (very much like high school).

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by seen2much
Dear Mr. Creighton,

In that case I adjure you to get a degree in Egyptology to get a firm philological grounding. Unfortunately, "scholars" will continue to write you off due to a lack of a diploma regardless of the very interesting points you raise. You have to beat them at their own game because academia is territorial and vindictive (very much like high school).

SC: One does not require to be able to interpret hieroglyphics in order to read and understand books that interpret them for you. And, fortunately for me, I do not care too much about what Consensus Egyptology has to say (or not) about my research, nor do I seek or require its endorsement of it. I am not so naive to remotely think that such folks will easily be dissuaded from 150 years of their hidebound, unevidenced notions. As I see it, academia presents but one theory relating to the early, giant pyramids - that they were tombs of kings. It is an unevidenced theory. But 'scholars' are perfectly entitled to believe in that theory if they so wish just as the pyramid pump enthusiasts, pyramid power plant enthusiasts and so forth are perfectly entitled to believe in those theories. They are all fringe ideas (including the academic belief in tombs) and I rather suspect that the real answer to these enigmatic monuments will be found somewhere in the middle.

Regards,

SC

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Hi, I like your work, AE and all of it's history is pretty awesome.

I have a question about the use of Osiris beds. If the pyramid was made to hold the Osiris bed, then why was it sealed up so thoroughly afterwards. It seems to me that they could have been continuously used as temples to make an annual symbolic gesture/tribute rather than being used one time.

Also, I'm not sure if this goes beyond the great pyramid but, do you think the boat pits had anything to do with the pyramids other than the construction?

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by dudeawesome

dudeawesome: I have a question about the use of Osiris beds. If the pyramid was made to hold the Osiris bed, then why was it sealed up so thoroughly afterwards. It seems to me that they could have been continuously used as temples to make an annual symbolic gesture/tribute rather than being used one time.

SC: The ancient Egyptians were anticipating a great deluge that would drown the entire Kingdom and wash away everything. The Pyramid Recovery Vaults were constructed to store and preserve everything of AE culture that would be required to ensure the rebirth of the Kingdom after the worst effects of the anticipated deluge had subsided. The ‘National Recovery Project’ would see the construction of around 16 pyramids in which to store all the necessary goods and artefacts. The Myth of Osiris tells us that the body of Osiris was cut into 16 pieces and scattered across Egypt. The first 16 or so pyramids were the allegorical dismembered ‘body of Osiris’.

‘This pyramid is Osiris... this construction is Osiris’ – Pyramid Text 1657

SC: The Ka aspect of Osiris’ soul is symbolised as a stone box filled with earth with grain sprouting forth from the bed. The growing grain in the Osiris Bed (stone box) symbolises the unseen energy or life-force that brings about (re)birth. Some of the Arab Legends tell us that when the Caliph Al Mamun entered the King’s Chamber of the Great Pyramid, he found that the stone box therein contained a black pitch-like substance (among other things)—a black pitch-like substance is precisely what seed in a stone box filled with earth and left for many years would have turned to.

In the pyramid attributed to Khafre at Giza we find that when the stone box within this pyramid was opened by Belzoni, it was found to contain only earth and the bones of a BULL. The bull was symbolic of the Ba aspect of the soul of Osiris.

So, what we have here it seems is that the first 16 pyramids built in ancient Egypt as part of the ‘National Recovery Project’ came (in time) to be regarded as the 16 dismembered body parts of Osiris (as per the Myth of Osiris). The Osiris Beds in G1 and G2 (the so-called sarcophagi) represented the ka and ba aspects of Osiris’ soul within the dismembered ‘body of Osiris’ (the 16 scattered pyramids). It is little surprise that Osiris was regarded as the AE god of rebirth/regeneration and of agriculture. It is also little surprise that later ancient Egyptians at the Festival of Khoiak would create small mud effigies in the shape of Osiris and would fill these with grain. These effigies of Osiris would then be placed in a small, hollowed-out brick (like a miniature sarcophagus) and buried in the ground under a small mound of earth. In so doing the AEs were commemorating the original purpose of the first 16 pyramids that came, in time, to be regarded as the (dismembered) ‘body of Osiris’ and within which all manner of seed (and other important artefacts) would have been stored and safeguarded to ensure the rebirth of agriculture within the kingdom after the deluge.

See this thread here, 'The Birth of Osiris'.

dudeawesome: Also, I'm not sure if this goes beyond the great pyramid but, do you think the boat pits had anything to do with the pyramids other than the construction?

SC: As stated above, the AEs were anticipating a deluge that they believed would drown all of Egypt. In order to survive such a deluge then boats would make perfect sense.

SC

edit on 7/11/2012 by Scott Creighton because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Wow Scott...

Directly relating to this thread I've just finished your new book The Giza Prophecy.

I'm kinda at a loss of words because you keep expanding my mind beyond it's capacity

I think you are spot on about everything.

But I read your book too fast, and now I'm going to go back and read it again.

Thank you for such a great book. I've been fascinated by Egypt for a couple of years now (don't know why) but have some internal powerful draw to Egypt so I'm absorbing everything I can.

How frustrated you must be with Hawass's new "fence" around the area. Makes me frustrated as well. Do you think that this underground chamber could be tot he Hall of Records?

Also, I would like to order the book of Pyramid Texts, but see many versions, which Author would you recommend?

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Julie Washington

Wow Scott...

Directly relating to this thread I've just finished your new book The Giza Prophecy.

I'm kinda at a loss of words because you keep expanding my mind beyond it's capacity

I think you are spot on about everything.

But I read your book too fast, and now I'm going to go back and read it again.

Thank you for such a great book. I've been fascinated by Egypt for a couple of years now (don't know why) but have some internal powerful draw to Egypt so I'm absorbing everything I can.

How frustrated you must be with Hawass's new "fence" around the area. Makes me frustrated as well. Do you think that this underground chamber could be tot he Hall of Records?

Also, I would like to order the book of Pyramid Texts, but see many versions, which Author would you recommend?

Hi Julie,

Good to hear from you again and many thanks for your post and also your very kind words regarding my last book. I can fully understand why you feel you may have to revisit some of it again--there are a lot of new ideas in there, some of which can take a bit of getting your head around. You may be interested to know also that I am well into writing my new book, 'Ark of the Gods' which greatly expands upon the key ideas in 'The Giza Prophecy', presenting new material and evidence in support of them.

As for the X-Spot at the apex of the Great Triangle. Have a look at the images at the end of this thread. I could be wrong but there definitely appears to be some kind of geometric structure under the sand at the identified location. It is my intention to go to Giza either in March or October next year to try and investigate this further. With all the troubles in Egypt in recent times it has not been possible for me to get back out there.

As for the Pyramid Texts. Have a look here first. A great library of free online resources, including various translations of the PTs, (Mercer, Allan etc). There are also some links to some good free online hieroglyphic dictionaries on that site. Have fun!

Best wishes,

Scott Creighton
edit on 10/11/2012 by Scott Creighton because: Fix Typo.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Thanks Scott. I look forward to your new book, be sure to let me know when it's out so I can pick on up.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   

And what do you make of this new cleared circle area? Be sure to scroll the picture to the right.

Do you have any clue what all the buildings are? Did I read that they are building an visitor's center there?

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Thank you for your post, Scott. I never believed that the pyramid is a tomb anyway, nor did I believe it was built by slaves. I have been there and witnessed the structure in awe. How could most people think that it is as simple as our normal buildings? When I was inside the pyramid, I could feel something, I cannot describe it, but definitely something is there.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join