It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Guy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Hey everyone,

Just wanted to say hello, and introduce myself. I've been lurking here for a while now, and decided to finally get in with the community. I'm an overly opinionated artist/animator for a large game studio that I'll try to keep off the books. I hope to get along with everyone here, sharing thoughts, opinions while respecting all counter-perspectives.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Welcome!! It's allways nice to see new people on here

Just check out the terms and conditions on posting on this site, stay in the guide lines and you should have a great time here!!

There are lots of cool people here and if you have any questions feel free to ask

Once again welcome and stay safe

Viperdave

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Hello and welcome!

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLazySamurai

Hello...glad you have joined. Enjoy yourself; and as for getting along with everyone; I hope that happens for you; some good healthy debating can be challenging .

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLazySamurai

Welcome to adult Romper Room....play nice with the other kiddies...we'll all have fun together.....

Love your Avy...I take it you made it?

Des

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

No, I didn't make it. It's from a cartoon, Samurai Jack, that inspired me as a kid. Pretty much the reason I'm an animator today.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Hi!

Welcome to ATS!

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Thanks for all the warm welcomes!

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLazySamurai
Hey everyone,

Just wanted to say hello, and introduce myself. I've been lurking here for a while now, and decided to finally get in with the community. I'm an overly opinionated artist/animator for a large game studio that I'll try to keep off the books. I hope to get along with everyone here, sharing thoughts, opinions while respecting all counter-perspectives.

Hello!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I also am new here--------looking forward to talking with you and others here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Animation, eh?

Sounds fascinating. Do you guys inject Illuminati symbolism in your work?

(Joke, BTW........and even if it was not, I understand you may not want to answer........:lol

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ParacelsusPontifex

I've worked with people all over the world who have been with studios like Dreamworks, Pixar, Disney, and many many others. I can honestly say I have never heard of anyone including any type of cryptic imagery in their work for major productions/films/games/etc. But I can't speak for everyone.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLazySamurai
reply to post by ParacelsusPontifex

I've worked with people all over the world who have been with studios like Dreamworks, Pixar, Disney, and many many others. I can honestly say I have never heard of anyone including any type of cryptic imagery in their work for major productions/films/games/etc. But I can't speak for everyone.

It's mostly the writers who intentionally place that cryptic type of symbology in an open manner.
The artists would simply go with the flow without question.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

I've worked directly with the writers as a generalist on storyboards and even met my share of directors. I really don't think many of them were out to do anything nefarious. But I can't speak on their creative influences. In terms of questioning the work we're given, we do get a fair amount of input, and sometimes even get to work with the vo actors when shooting reference footage. Animators are pretty smart folks and we labor over projects for months and sometimes years. Again, I can't speak for everyone. I only know the people I've worked with and met.

However, that said, pranks are played on supervisors that get thrown into production(extremely rare).

top topics

join