It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would make you say " Enough "?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I found this article, and it makes a lot of sense. What would drive you to say "enough" to the government?Article

Question for America : What Would Be Too Much? By Jack Dalton

All men having power ought to be mistrusted. James Madison

Shortly after George W. Bush unleashed the Dogs of War on Iraq last year, and right after an emerging insurgency started growing, Bush asked, Whats the matter with those people; dont they know how good we [Americans] are? And that right there is at the heart of what I see as a very big problem with so very many of my fellow American citizensand one that in many ways is getting worse and not better.

Please see the link and then let us know what's your limit?

[edit on 12-10-2004 by John bull 1]

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Well I do seem to remember dancing in the streets when we entered baghdad.

Sunday, December 14, 2003

Other Iraqis -- although perhaps it is too early to give a defining work on it -- are suggesting that the ongoing insurgency against the Americans will be very weakened. All Iraqis on the street consider this to be a defining and historic moment in Iraqi history.

There is definitely a sense on the street that Iraq will be a different place starting now. People are telling me here on the streets that a "new Iraq" is being built even as we speak. One of the biggest fears among Iraqis has been that there is no security. Now there is a sense on the street that things are turning around for the better. There is a sense and a feeling here that they will have a better life now.

edition.cnn.com...

But what about the palestinians dancing in the streets? Remember those?

NOTE: They were all not the CNN footage...we all saw them.

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Bush is out of touch with reality.
Bush is the one who feeds the corporate vampires at the expense of the American people.
Bush to believe that quote has to be a totally blind moron.
'God' must be so noisy in his ear that he has no clue about what is going on. Not even of his own actions.

The amazing thing is all the Bush 'groupies' that treat him like a rock star. As if he could do no wrong.
A bunch of dizzy bubble gum chewing republicans.

Bush and his supporters take no responsibility for the murder of 20,000 Iraqis and the Deaths of 1000 American service persons. If there is justice after death I would suspect he and his supporters have many lifetimes of explaining to do.

I guess the party will continue until the American people take away the Credit Cards.

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 11:59 PM
link   
There was more than enough when a corrupt Supreme Court made its ruling after the 2000 election. Watch more and more the blending* of the three branches of government into a corrupt farce the likes of which the world will never see again (except under communism).

* maybe I meant blurring, but let's leave it as a stupid Freudian slip.

[edit on 12-10-2004 by MaskedAvatar]

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
I found this article, and it makes a lot of sense. What would drive you to say "enough" to the government?Article

Question for America : What Would Be Too Much?

I suppose what is too much for me is the Central Government
(already illegal and it has usurped powers never granted to the
Federal Government.. but that is another story) has been
hijacked by far right religious fanatics, with the figure head (the
President) a born again Christian who anticipates the coming
of the Rapture, and is being influenced in his foreign and
domestic policy decisions by his faith. And if that isn't bad
enough many of the administration officials known as
neo conservatives (of the Leo Strauss school of thought)
manifest the behavior of psychopaths and control freaks.
Other officials have enormous conflicts of interest by being
involved in corporations profiting from their decisions.

Nations of the world have serious problems, and they
need serious people in governments.. not pathological
fruitcakes.

Of course this is just my humble opinion.

[edit on 12-10-2004 by mockan]

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Personally, I never had any faith in this administration to begin with.

As far as losing my faith in the government, well nothing would do that. No matter what this government does that upsets me, shocks me, disgusts me, etc... I firmly believe that the people can change it. If we lose faith, then we've lost the battle.

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anathema
Personally, I never had any faith in this administration to begin with.

As far as losing my faith in the government, well nothing would do that. No matter what this government does that upsets me, shocks me, disgusts me, etc... I firmly believe that the people can change it. If we lose faith, then we've lost the battle.

I'm with you

I don't believe perfection is possible in a goverment.

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 04:05 AM
link   
I think i had said "enough" back in '96 or so but no one ever listens to me or anything i say

Seriously though the common people have consistantly been the brunt of a very tasteless joke. Throughout the ages while we have been fooled into believing our freedoms are increasing, we have been slaves to a system we have no hope of even comprehending. We cant even see the tip of the iceberg of this leviathan.

top topics

join