It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Selling your soul to the devil

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by revswim

Yea thats the guy.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by michaelbrux
reply to post by revswim

Robert Johnson actually...devil still lives around those parts last I checked.

however, what the devil is able to pay for a soul probably won't cover the cost of getting to the crossroads.
edit on 14-8-2012 by michaelbrux because: (no reason given)

Johnson did "crossroads" Wolf did "backdoorman".

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
listverse.com... 10 historical people who sold their souls to the devil.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

one thing is clear. the devil obviously prefers souls with talent, musical talent apparently. or at least something that can be worked with.

Charlie Daniels may have come across it, too.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

its got plenty of support. it needs money. souls that are damned to hell need food and shelter just like all the others.

after the robbery cleaned it out and all, its minions are just wandering around in the wilderness trying to make ends meet.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

Wow Sinny, I thought you joking with that. Unbelievable ! Led Zeppelin is a four man band sweetheart. What rock have you been under. Pun intended.

Jimmy Page, Robert Plant, John Paul Jones and John Henry Bonham.

On the cover of the album Presence. It depicts the method of which they sold their souls. That thing you see the family gathered around. One hand is placed on it by a medium and the other hand is placed a top someones head
and there soul can from my understanding become possessed and controlled by the dark powers.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

aha. Thanks for the further education, when I googled the name last time, I just saw a bloke with long hair and a guitar, and presumed it was just one man LOL.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
You people should read your BIBLE with a different PERSPECTIVE. It's NOT a religious book. It's an INSTRUCTION MANUAL!!! Please, LEARN THE DIFFERENCE.

Matthew's Version
Again, the devil *took Him to a very high mountain and *showed Him all the kingdoms of the world and their glory; 9 and he said to Him, “ All these things I will give You, if You fall down and [c]worship me.” 10 Then Jesus *said to him, “Go, Satan! For it is written, ‘ You shall worship the Lord your God, and [d]serve Him only.’” 11 Then the devil *left Him; and behold, angels came and began to minister to Him.

Luke's Version
And he led Him up and showed Him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time. 6 And the devil said to Him, “I will give You all this domain and [c]its glory; for it has been handed over to me, and I give it to whomever I wish. 7 Therefore if You [d]worship before me, it shall all be Yours.” 8 Jesus answered him, “It is written, ‘ You shall worship the Lord your God and serve Him only.’”

Good Study Material
edit on 14-8-2012 by SpittinTruth because: Clicked wrong button

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

That seems to be thee norm as I thought the same thing when they first came out. The first song you hear is Achilles Last Stand. An extremely angry sounding song. There is quite a lot more to this if you dig in Sinny.
Especially that sign your avatar issues. FYI

Spittin

Brief or Best
Instructions
Before
Leaving
Earth

SnF OP
edit on 14-8-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

Especially that sign your avatar issues. FYI

I bet she knows since she's probably a chaos magician or a discordian

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by revswim
I dont know if I believe in a literal devil, my guess is some of these people have been manipulated into thinking it was the devil or something else all powerful. Then instead of half assing it for the record company you feel the need to stay to their standard since someone bigger than them is watching over. Maybe an illuminati type of group appears to them as the devil in order to gain complete control.

Or maybe it's the real devil. Or maybe it's figurative. I don't know, thats the main reason I'm asking.

There are very few examples of musicians who got record deals do to their raw talent. Creedance Clearwater Revival is one. But their record producers from the label Fantasy records. Totally rip them off to the point where it caused a riff between the members and broke them up leaving only long legal disputes that in the end, left them almost penny less. Except for the leader and main talent of the band John Fogerty. Who managed to some what salvage a solo career. The money they got for their live gigs was just about all they ever saw. Very sad but an example of what happens if you don't play by the rules of the record companies. You get no protection and wind up in obscurity.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I want to remind people about Lucifer before he/she/it became Satan. Lucifer was God's ministering Angel.

“‘You were the model of perfection, full of wisdom and perfect in beauty. 13You were in Eden, the garden of God; every precious stone adorned you: ruby, topaz and emerald, chrysolite, onyx and jasper, sapphire, turquoise and beryl. Your settings and mountingsd were made of gold; on the day you were created they were prepared. 14You were anointed as a guardian cherub, for so I ordained you. You were on the holy mount of God; you walked among the fiery stones. 15You were blameless in your ways from the day you were created till wickedness was found in you. 16Through your widespread trade you were filled with violence, and you sinned. So I drove you in disgrace from the mount of God, and I expelled you, O guardian cherub, from among the fiery stones. 17Your heart became proud on account of your beauty, and you corrupted your wisdom because of your splendor. So I threw you to the earth; I made a spectacle of you before kings. 18By your many sins and dishonest trade you have desecrated your sanctuaries. So I made a fire come out from you, and it consumed you, and I reduced you to ashes on the ground in the sight of all who were watching. 19All the nations who knew you are appalled at you; you have come to a horrible end and will be no more.’”
Ezekiel 28:11-15

You gotta KNOW you're enemy, before you can defeat it!!!

1As for you, you were dead in your transgressions and sins, 2in which you used to live when you followed the ways of this world and of the ruler of the kingdom of the air , the spirit who is now at work in those who are disobedient
Ephesians 2:1-10

Read your BIBLE and STUDY it's PRINCIPLES!!! It's not going to change. We have to WORK THE PLAN! You know, the way the ocean seems to recede, without engulfing us.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by revswim
I dont know if I believe in a literal devil, maybe it's the real devil. Or maybe it's figurative. I don't know, thats the main reason I'm asking.

Kirk Martin knows...

Heavy metal rocker Kirk Martin made a pact with the devil

"I ended up going out into this field by his house and, falling to the ground, I began to curse God and spit at the name of Jesus; I began to claw the earth and said,“Satan, give me what I want, and I’ll twist and take as many people as I can to hell with music.”

Two days later, a guy who had been working as our manager called and said, “Look, there’s a record label and they want to know how much you would want to go into the studio and what budget you’d need to record.”

Read Full Story...

"I was sitting in a fast food restaurant in early morning," said Kirk. "I was rarely awake in the early mornings—I was drinking a coffee and smoking a cigarette when this old man walked in. He was about 5 foot 3 with a white bushy beard and hair, a big red nose, and he wore a little black yarmulke and a trench coat. He came in, got coffee and sat down right across from me.

Immediately I got in his face and said, 'What's up Pops?' He answered, 'What's up Pops?' I said, 'What's up Dad?' He said, 'What's up Dad?' (Imitating me) I got mad because he was mocking me, so I jumped across the table and screamed every foul, disgusting word I could possibly think of. He literally didn't budge. (Most people were scared of me—I could walk across an intersection and hear people locking their doors!)

But, this man just looked me in the eye and said, 'Jesus sent me here to tell you that He loves you.' My first gut reaction was to jump up and rip his eyeballs out of his head. But before I could get my feet to tell the rest of my body to jump, he said, 'And He wants you to know that He wasn't responsible for these young men molesting you when you were a little boy.' The interesting thing was, he called them by name. I had never told anyone that in my life.

Kirk was shocked. "I felt like someone cut my feet off and all the blood drained from my body. It honestly freaked me out; I didn't know what to think. Then the guy got up and said, 'Jesus loves you and He's waiting for you to turn your face toward home,' and he walked out. I was literally paralyzed by what had just happened, but when I got my composure back, I jumped up and ran after him because I had to know how he knew all that. The guy had to be no more than 15 or 20 feet ahead of me; he turned a corner, went behind a row of hedges and just disappeared. I never saw him again."

The Amazing Story of Kirk Martin

edit on 14-8-2012 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Either way, if you sold your soul or you made it on your own, if your famous you sure as hell didn't get there because your a good person.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Also heard it said like this
Basic
Instructions
Before
Life
Everlasting

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by ed1320
reply to post by randyvs

Also heard it said like this
Basic
Instructions
Before
Life
Everlasting

Acronyms are kind a cool.

I like the thread.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by revswim

This is just a common motif in pop culture, entertainment and literature. The idea is that in order to be successful in life these folks had to sell their souls to the devil. The idea is nothing new, even before Faust there is the Jinn or Genie, an idea which originates in the Middle East and eventually evolved into a mischievous or evil spirit which grants wishes but often does so in a way which harms the wisher.

These stories often revolve around the price that people pay for their reward, be it their souls, their lives, their sanity, etc. There's a great episode of the Twilight Zone wherein the late great Burgess Meredith plays the Devil, who agrees to work for a dying newspaper and bring its livelihood back in exchange for the soul of the guy who runs the paper. Of course the guy doesn't believe the man is the Devil and thinks he's just an eccentric reporter. Things work out great at first, news begins happening all around town and their paper ALWAYS has the scoop thanks to Meredith's character. Eventually it is realized that Meredith's character is causing the trouble and that the success of the paper is predicated upon ruining people's lives.

The overall theme of many of these stories is that there's no such a thing as a free lunch, you can't have your cake and eat it too. The price of success is too high and in the end you maybe you should just be happy with what you've got.

I don't think anyone is actually selling their souls or that there are any devils, it's just an interesting way of telling a story about the price of success, particularly of taking short-cuts which sacrifice your integrity. Especially in the acting and music business, many people sell out and become corporate shills hocking products while producing films or music that seem to have no, for lack of a better word, soul.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
The magicians of old made their wands of Hollywood.

Hmmmm . . . I think there is a place in Kali-fornia where they make at that movie magic with a similar name.

Popular movies like 007 are based on books written by writers associated with the like Aleister Crowley.

Queen Elizabeth's Magician - 2002. John Dee was the Queen's sorcerer. The origin of British Intelligence, 007 - which is Tubalcain, seven generations from Adam. '2 balls and a cane'. A masonic password. Sir Francis Bacon was the original 'Sorcerers Apprentice' cuz he studied under Dee. Dee and Edward Kelly heavily influenced Swedenborg, who's work 'inspired' Blavatsky.

Crowley is the Beetles' (aka scarabs which is a symbol of the Egyptian Sun god) Sgt. Pepper.

You also have the Rolling Stones dressed up as wizards complete with Saturn in the background.

Saturn is the father of the gods in most all the ancient religions. Tammuz, Enlil, Capricorn (aka Baphomet), Aquarius (Age of Aquarius), Moloch (the owl on the dollar bill and worshiped at Bohemian Grove), Cronus of the Roman capitol city Saturnia, Shiva the third eye aka the destroyer.

This has been around for literally ages, but maybe it is just a coincidence?

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

One thing wrong with what you're saying Titen is the fact that people have ideas all the time. You and I even. They don't catch on like this stuff does. And Bob Dylan ? what he says gives this stuff a lot more weight than you care to mention. Just my opinion of course.

With respect to yours.

edit on 14-8-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by revmoofoo
I'd sell my soul for a long, healthy life and a constant supply of weed, so if anyone has tips on this, please let me know.

Rev

Tempting.....here is a little advice for you.
"So if you meet me
Have some courtesy
Have some sympathy, and some taste
Use all your well-learned politesse
Or I'll lay your soul to waste, um yeah
Pleased to meet you
Hope you guessed my name, um yeah
But what's puzzling you
Is the nature of my game...."
(Rolling Stones Sympathy For The Devil)

new topics

top topics