It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"What's going on with the world?"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 04:33 AM
link   
That is exactly what I am ranting about. I don't even know why, I just want to rant.

I hear these cliché questions and statements in almost every thread on ATS. Questions like:

"What's going on with the world?"
"What is wrong with the world today?"
"What is happening to this world?"

Why do you even ask that? You know damn well what's going on with the world. It's crazy. It's a chaotic, hate-filled, murderous, money-worshipping, endless river of misery and dispair. This isn't new either. It's always been crazy. We have always killed each other, people have always hurt each other, and evil men have always loved currency.

Now, I'm not going to say an even more cliché statement like "It's time to wake up, people!!!!!" because that pisses me off just as much. Obviously, it is time to wake up. You are preaching to the choir if you say this on ATS. We know the world is crazy, everyone knows the world is crazy. It's not like "ding" 2012 is here and suddenly we have to wake up because it's a rightful time to "ascend" by the New Agers. It has been time to wake up for aloooooong while now.

I'll take my country for example, America. We've been a country for 234 years and have been at or involved with war for 214 years. What would you say sounds more like a need to "wake up" than that? I quote because, as previously mentioned, the term "wake up" is all too cliché. What does that even mean any more? That we become aware of the bad things that are happening around us?

Okay, I am aware. Now what? Oh, nothing? Okay.

If you're not going to do anything about your current situation than you might as well just continue sleeping and enjoy it. I'm deadly serious too. There is no point in "waking up" (whatever that means) if you aren't going to take action.

So, yes, the world is crazy, and, yes, people need to get their act together and step up to the plate, but this is nothing new. It's always been like this and it will continue to be like this until either we do something or the natural change of the Universe and Mother Nature force a change upon this Earth.

In the mean time, stop telling me to wake up and stop pretending like our current societal state is anything worse than what it's always been.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by ErroneousDylan

the thing is the government has divided us, yes we all know the world is crazy, but we discus it on the internet with a keyboard and after were done we go back to are normal lives, how much u want to bet if all the people that know the world and government is more evil than not met and discussed the issues in real life, there would be a revolution on there hands, of which could not be stopped. the powers that be have divided us and are now conquering.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 05:08 AM
link   
What are we supposed to do? Revolt? Then what?who gets to run the show after that? Why does this person want to lead us?

Wed end up with a muslim theocracy im afraid

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by phroziac
What are we supposed to do? Revolt? Then what?who gets to run the show after that? Why does this person want to lead us?

Jesus.

You don't support oppression , you don't support the greed of few people , you prefer to be good than evil , then Jesus will come to help you.

Just be patient and show him you don't neglect your conscious and truth.
edit on 14-8-2012 by mideast because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by phroziac

it seems we have gotten to the point were open revolt would be suicide, we have to seriosly infiltrate and destroy from the inside and maybe use open revolt as a distraction to tptb, many would die but maybe thats is what it will take to make thing better for our kids that survive. i hope things can get better, but through out our recorded history that is given to us by tptb nothing has ever changed with out death and destruction(maybe a history buff can chime in and prove me wrong?) as King Robert baratheon said it:

to his exact quote that im refurring to go to about 20 sec in(couldnt find the exact cut of the quote without a trailer attached to it, sorry.

btw i am not endorsing violece i am just regurgiting school lessons, i am just putting out ideas that are forefathers thought. violence is worng
edit on 14-8-2012 by DocHolidaze because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-8-2012 by DocHolidaze because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by mideast

Originally posted by phroziac

Jesus.

You don't support oppression , you don't support the greed of few people , you prefer to be good than evil , then Jesus will come to help you.

Just be patient and show him you don't neglect your conscious and truth.
edit on 14-8-2012 by mideast because: (no reason given)

EPIC FACE PALM

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 04:06 AM
link   
The way to fix the world is simple. We, the common people really do hold the power. We just don't use it. You want things better ? Just wait and it will eventually come to a point where the masses figure out their real voting mechanism and their real form of revolt:

Boycotting.

The super powerful are motivated by greed... let 'em spend a few days in a western world where nobody is spending a penny on anything other than emergency medical/vet bills and limited gasoline and utilities. I can assure you that, within a week, dozens of policies will have changed, corporations will be apologizing and lowering their prices - all while throwing out "We get you - we're on your side" spin ads.

Money is the key and the masses are quite literally the goose that lays the golden egg.

~Heff

new topics

top topics

join