It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Savings Are Found From Welfare Drug Tests

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   
They shouldn't be reimbursed. If you want welfare you pay for the test and pass.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Who cares how many pass, that isn't the point. Does my employer stop drug testing if 98% of the people pass? Hell no. I think permanent welfare should be done away with, but at least drug testing weeds out some of the waste. I can't debate how effective any one specific drug test is. It's a pretty reasonable guess that if 98% are passing it's not catching everyone.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by DocHolidaze

It doesn't matter if they are "cheap". All they do is test the urine for drug metabolites, if you're positive, you're going down. They also test the temperature, so using someone elses piss held under your arm isn't going to work nor is diluting it. Any sort of detox method is fake.

You probably have a fast metabolism....most people on welfare would not as they tend to have a high obesity rate.

If it were so easy no one would be violating probation or losing their job.

People who violate probation are either stupid, or they are observed while peeing. People who fail for their job are just caught off guard or stupid.

I don't personally partake, but am sympathetic to those who wish to. BUT, I can say that I have heard so many stories of urine in a balloon between the legs/under the breast. Most of these welfare folks have kids, no? Young kids? Bet they can farm clean urine from those kids, right? Or kids of their friends? Yeah....I have heard people talk about this type of thing for passing job drug tests.

So much so that at my business we have just given up on drug testing altogether, and instead just spend a little more on the background checks. I would rather focus on people who tend to actually screw up, and not so much the ones that are going to flub the test.

ETA: welfare recipients higher obesity rate is not due to metabolism. What, you think slow metabolism is a precursor to being on welfare? That is the most ludicrous thing I have ever heard!

The higher obesity rate is diet related. They eat less expensive, high carbohydrate foods. In the liver the sugars (which is what carbs are) get turned into fat and dispensed to the body. Eating all those carbs makes you fat, your metabolism is only a small part of it.

If the two above incorrect assumptions are representative of your understanding of the world, I would recommend being far, far less adamant in your responses to other people.
edit on 14-8-2012 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen
At least now we know without guessing anymore.

I wonder if this is being done in other States?

Yeah, several other States were talking about a measure such as this. Seems like the Welfare thinks all poor people are on drugs. Figures. Ohio talked about it, but it was beaten down, said to be not cost effective, or something.
edit on 8/14/12 by autowrench because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   
If someone knows they are going to apply for welfare in 2 weeks they stop whatever they are on for those 2 weeks so they can give a clean sample and then once the test is taken they start up again. This is not rocket science. That method has worked quite well for me in the past.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

The law probably just costs more than it saves. Now the money is going to the medical industry. I can't believe people are so blind not to see the big conspiracy to feed the medical industry and keep it growing. Pretty soon they will be mandating drug testing for anything and requiring everyone to get them at great costs to individuals and increased profits to medical.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

The higher obesity rate is diet related. They eat less expensive, high carbohydrate foods. In the liver the sugars (which is what carbs are) get turned into fat and dispensed to the body. Eating all those carbs makes you fat, your metabolism is only a small part of it.

Eh no, if Carbs made people fat then Asians should be the fattest people on the planet. Their diets are starch heavy and light on protein. Anyway, that's a separate topic.

As for the OP, it's the old stereotype: If you are poor you are on drugs. That is all this is.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Never mind the welfare people screwing the system, what about Mr & Mrs governor screwing the system at the other end?

No-one benefits from this law except the gov and his wife - which is why he pushed this law through in the first place.

Those who can't see this blatantly obvious conflict of interests need to go and acquire yourselves a white stick.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
To the person that thinks drug tests can't be faked, I'm sorry but you are talking out of your rear end, there are several methods & I've used most of them. In my line of work we have mandatory & random drug tests where they stand and watch you pee so you can't swap the sample.
Thankfully I know someone who knows when the random tests are happening & am able to prepare for the test just in case I get selected. I have a bottle of chemicals that you take an hour before you're test and it masks the test but you have to make sure that your pee is clear before taking it which involves consuming a lot of water in the morning. We used to be able to just flush your system with water and then take 4 X the RDA of Vitamin B which would discolour the water to look like a normal pee sample but then they worked out that there should be creatine in your system so if they didn't detect that then they knew you were masking and would have to do the test again at a later date.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Reply to post by jjkenobi

Does your employer pay for the testing with taxpayer monies?

I think it is you who misses the point.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Hey why stop there?
Why not the upperclass?
Most don't actually "work" for their money.
So how about a little drug test before receiving their checks?
I'd sure hate to think they made their money under the influence.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by WildWorld

I agree with that statement..... If I have to pass a drug test to help our system give out welfare then the recipents should pass a drug test to collect the benefits... It is only fair... And if they fail they should lose their benefits for a month.... I understand this will perhaps have an adverse affect on the children of the users but if they are shooting the benefits into their arms, it is not benefiting the children to start with. jmo

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by DocHolidaze

PROVE TO ME SOMEONE CANT PASS A TEST WITH DRUG METABOLITES IN THERE SYSTEM. if you cant then your statements about drug testing is false. i suggest you accept the truth so u dont embarrass yourself anymore

Can - Positive

Can't - Negative

Why does everyone insist on proving negatives....

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
If this system is in place it should be used for politicians as well. There is no reason they should be giving this kind of money out to companies responsible for drug testing under some moral crusade, as it's obvious it didn't save any money.

That being the case, all government officials should participate in the program as well..

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by DocHolidaze

so i dont want to call u out on your own thread, but i have passed many drug tests using my wits and knowledge, so your statement about the myths of passing a drug test is false, i agree that the gov is wasting money on drug tests, but its not because people on welfare are drug free, but because passing a drug test is easy and i know this because i have done it. please dont try an convince me that i have passed many on the basis of myth.
\

I think it is far more likely that your employer does not test for marijuana. A good percentage do not. You will never really know if you are fooling them or yourself. I thought I squeeked by once until I considered this.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Asif Mandi of the Daily Show asks Govenor Rick Scott "As a recipient of taxpayer dollars" to pee in a cup

www.thedailyshow.com...

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
do not forget THE WAR ON DRUGS those 2% are terrorists & can be rounded up in america :lol : when in jail you use the steralizing tablets under your fingernails when confronted with a pee test # fyi a synthetic pee is avaliable in a tin which heats up to body temp as used by many offshore workers in the uk

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by mclarenmp4

I took a hand full of anti biotics the day before the test. I told the person who was testing me, that I was just getting over the flu. I had inhaled the night before the test and passed it without any problems. This also worked for another friend who joined the military and was tested. He got through alright as well.
Personally I think that they should be testing the wall street people who were given money in the bail outs. Also politicians should be tested. But that will never happen.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by antonia

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

Eh no, if Carbs made people fat then Asians should be the fattest people on the planet. Their diets are starch heavy and light on protein. Anyway, that's a separate topic.

As for the OP, it's the old stereotype: If you are poor you are on drugs. That is all this is.

If Asians eat enough volume of food to match the carb intake in the US, your oranges could be compared to my apples.

As a person who has lost 220lbs by cutting out carbs, while maintaining a high overall calorie content equal to before weightloss, I think that carbs definitely have something to do with it.

If you eat until you feel "full" on carbs, it carries a much higher fat generating potential than the same volume of meats/cheeses.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join