It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The proof that Saddam worked with bin Laden

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2003 @ 08:22 PM
link   
link>> FULL STORY

The proof that Saddam worked with bin Laden
By Inigo Gilmore
(Filed: 27/04/2003)

Iraqi intelligence documents discovered in Baghdad by The Telegraph have provided the first evidence of a direct link between Osama bin Laden's al-Qa'eda terrorist network and Saddam Hussein's regime.

Papers found yesterday in the bombed headquarters of the Mukhabarat, Iraq's intelligence service, reveal that an al-Qa'eda envoy was invited clandestinely to Baghdad in March 1998.

.:: More details on the documents here ::.

[Edited on 27-4-2003 by William]

posted on Apr, 26 2003 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Seems we are getting closer to the real truth

posted on Apr, 26 2003 @ 09:31 PM
link   
nice find william, now maybe france germany and canada will be convinced

posted on Apr, 26 2003 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Well I got 100% full proof that Saddam and bin Laden worked with the US Government and still do, do you want to see that also?

posted on Apr, 26 2003 @ 09:36 PM
link   
For it is known that Yossef Bodansky has advised our government on terrorism for the past 20 years and his book about Bin Laden has massive amounts of proof aganist many other countries, including Iraq. For in the book it says that Bin Laden's right hand man Ayman al-Zawahiri is known to be good friends with the Vice President of Iraq Taha Yassin Ramadan. It also says that al-Zawahiri was in Iraq and stayed at one of the houses of the Vice President. I think the year was 1998 but it could have been 1996. If I had the book then I would reference it, but It is out of my person. The book is called, "Bin Laden: The Man Who Declared War on America." So if the author of this book, Yossef Bodansky has confirmed the assumptions that Saddam and Al-Quida are linked then why is it that all his reseach is ignored. For he gets much of this reseach from the NSA, and DIA. So why is the US Government so passive??????

We should have arrested and pursued many more people then the Al-Quida core. What about HizbAllah???

What about all the terror supporting states????????

Oh yeah I forget about our terror. That always makes us shut up. That always makes us shell up. That always makes us hide from our fears. That always causes our fears to rise and the fear we know only becomes more powerful. Fear not and fear only what fear may do to you. We ignore many other terrors that live out there.

We worry about Saddam and Jong, but we don't even worry about the FARC or the Army of God. We ignore many people who are guilty of crimes, yet many of those people are our allies. People like the Sauds and the Pakistani Army and Inteligence Core. Those are two of the biggest terror supporting states right there. In fact the scale of terror is aganist a mass amount of people. Everyone from Bosnia, to the Kashmir, to New York. The Pakistani ISI and the Saudi Royal Family should be some of our biggest enemies. So why are they not?????????????????????????????

These are questions only dead men can answer.

posted on Apr, 26 2003 @ 09:40 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 26 2003 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Posted by Illmatic67

Well I got 100% full proof that Saddam and bin Laden worked with the US Government and still do, do you want to see that also?

By all means provide us with proof that the above still do work for the US goverment? Would like to see it also.

posted on Apr, 26 2003 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Of course they worked together.

Didn't you know on one of the Bin Laden tapes Bin Laden referred to Saddam as an infidel and said he should be killed.

[Edited on 27-4-2003 by Info]

posted on Apr, 26 2003 @ 10:40 PM
link   
"Info" in tapes alleged to come from Bin Laden he suggested to the Iraqi's how to fight the US prior to the commencement of the recent conflict.

Do you have any links to your claim?

posted on Apr, 26 2003 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Think about it. Bin Laden was a Saudi pawn. He plotted aganist Saddam for the 'glory' of Islam. He wanted to destroy the unbelievers that live in Iraq. Bin Laden is jealous of America because they took away his holy war. Then again he must be thanking them now, for his war is about start once the Americans leave Iraq. Then Bin Laden can over run the land. If we allow this to happen there will be great suffering.

So let us wait for Illmatic and his proof. We need this in order to keep this discussion on track.

posted on Apr, 26 2003 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Toltec
"Info" in tapes alleged to come from Bin Laden he suggested to the Iraqi's how to fight the US prior to the commencement of the recent conflict.

Do you have any links to your claim?

When did I say something about the Iraqi people? Did I say anything about the Iraqi people in my post?

What I said was in reference to what Bin Laden said about Saddam.

I didn't have a link for this is old news. I did however do a search on yahoo using this search string (bin laden tapes saddam infidel).

So here is link for you. www.pacifica.org...

"As Secretary of State Colin Powell used yesterday's supposed Bin Laden tapes to bolster the Administration's claims that Saddam Hussein has strong links to Al Qaeda, what most of the corporate media failed to report was the fact that the voice on the tape also called the Iraqi president an "infidel". In fact, analysts say, when Powell testified before Congress yesterday, he misrepresented the content of the tape. As'ad AbuKhalil , author of "Bin Laden, Islam and America's New 'War on Terrorism'" says there is still no proof of any links between Bin Laden and Saddam Hussein."

posted on Apr, 26 2003 @ 11:18 PM
link   
"Info" you are very funny, the fact of the matter is. It is clear (very clear) that the tape, which was alleged to have been prepared by Osama bin Laden. Clearly supported the regime of Saddam Hussein. That I mentioned Iraqi's (and for the record not Iraqi people) must have made you very excited.

Given what began this thread what you have to offer is irrelevant. Based upon what information beyond this paragraph is the author making his claim?

THE PACIFICA RADIO FOUNDATION
Our History

Coming very soon

As usual the credibility of your sources is "coming very soon".

PS: one other question "info" do you parents know you are online?

posted on Apr, 27 2003 @ 03:39 AM
link   
This must be a joke and is nothing new. It was known before the war that Iraq had occasional diplomatic contacts with AlQaeda, which is influential in the region ( f.ex. in Afghanistan
. AlQaeda "envoys" travelled everywhere in the region... It's like Iraq having diplomatic contacts with the United States or something. This is no intrinsic "link" between ALQaeda and Iraq, and it's certainly not a grounds for the hundreds of thousands of victims. It fact, saying that this is proof for what "The US has long been saying" is very cynical.

[Edited on 27-4-2003 by Maxwell Smart]

posted on Apr, 27 2003 @ 09:41 AM
link   

The documents show that the purpose of the meeting was to establish a relationship between Baghdad and al-Qa'eda based on their mutual hatred of America and Saudi Arabia.

The operative function of this meeting was to coordinate the above. The question then becomes what can be determined as a result of further investigation.

What operations/terorrist acts which Al-Qa'eda performed after the date of the meeting, were actualized with the assistance of Saddam Hussein?

Fact of the matter is both leaders expouses the philosphy/manifesto of targeting civilians to meet political goals.

posted on Apr, 27 2003 @ 09:52 AM
link   
One question ...

Are we allowed to see this proof? Or are they not gona show it out of fear of something again?

posted on Apr, 27 2003 @ 12:41 PM
link   
abcnews.go.com...

bah, this war was already on the conservative/republican agenda. It was going to happen regardless of whether 9/11 happened or not, only with 9/11 happening it made it alot easier.

Oh, and argue all you want about it, but the simple fact remains. Bin Ladin and muslim extremist DO NOT LIKE SADDAM. Hes is the a perfect example of what they HATE. Hes a non-religous secular DICTATOR who wanted to control all of the muslim nations.

[Edited on 27-4-2003 by pezcore64]

posted on Apr, 27 2003 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I have no problem accepting this report as being credible, and have always suspected Saddam of colluding with terrorists networks worldwide.

On 9 / 11 my first thought was that Britian could be the next target. My second thought was that Saddem Hussein was involved.

Why is it so difficult to believe that Saddam Hussein is a madman who only wanted to kill those who differ from his plans of tryannical control, abuse, torture and murder?

I would suggest that those individuals who disagee have a personal agenda to believe that Mr. Bush sought this war for geo-political reasons, because that fits their personal belief-system, and that Saddam is an innocent victim of American Imperialist aggression.

Well, what I see now is one less tyrant abusing helpless masses and that America has assisted in their becoming free.

That can only be a good thing,
Deep

posted on Apr, 27 2003 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Nobody disagrees that hes a tyrant. Don't make people out to be Saddam lovers. Hes a bad man and hes done alot of bad things, but guess what, there are alot of bad men that have done alot of bad things...and some of them we even call allies.

Its really no use to argue about this, I believe what I believe and you believe what you believe. I just thought I'd share that link.

posted on Apr, 28 2003 @ 09:53 AM
link   
yeah Deep!! what you said!

posted on Apr, 28 2003 @ 10:41 AM
link   
And for my next trick.

I just wonder at the convenience of "finding" these documents.
The Telegraph is a puppet propaganda machine for Blair and Bush and their international gang of bas*ards.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join