It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Bill Gates bought 200 litres of fake poo!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by abdel

Fast forward to 12:20, and see where how those people use the bathroom. If you don't think that this potentially help them, then I don't know.

And there you have it, people here predicting doomsday, yep doomsday threads in abundance yet it is clearly already here for many.

Imagine having the cheek to tell a starving child that doomsday is coming, or someone walking through their own ****.

Just saying

PS: Cheers for link/vid bud

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Now, now... Windows XP and Windows 7 were a blessing! There were some mishaps in its history, like Windows ME, Vista, and 8 but you can't blame them for trying... Oh wait, you can! mwahahaha~

I for one welcome our new non-electronic pooh toilet overlords!

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Putting aside all the intellectual comments here, one should "think" why would a foundation worth billions invest into something that is a necessity for every human. He obviously knows that water shortage is the next global crisis to hit the planet and water will not be used for more than 60% of products being distributed/sold/manufactured throughout the planet.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 04:32 AM
link   
I hate to break the news to Bill, but composting toilets that require no electricity or water have been around for years.
The ash from incinerated human waste has high concentrations of heavy metals and is less than environmentally friendly.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Wouldn't suprise me if he got all the patents for these new toilets, and shelved em.. Wouldn't be the first time someone with cash has done that!

Or if the toilets work with synthetic poo but fails with real poo..
edit on 14/8/2012 by AlanQaida because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 05:21 AM
link   
It's kind of disappointing that this thread is just a bunch of jokes and people bashing Bill Gates and Windows.

I was pretty excited to read about this. There are huge numbers of people without access to any sort of plumbing or adequate waste removal, and this causes some very dangerous environments for these people. This could be a great step in the right direction.

Hell, even people with running water and connection to sewer pipes could benefit from this. I believe that your sewage bill is calculated based on how much water you use. Use one of these toilets you use less water so you save money on your water/sewage bill. Plus the fact that your just saving water, seems a waste to just flush it down the toilet.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 05:24 AM
link   
This sounds like a great idea , if it works. I'm sure all the survival buffs on ATS would love one of these toilets, just think of all that less crap that will get pumped into the drinking water. Billionaires should be coming up with solutions to big problems.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by abdel
Several questions spring to my mind, such as:-
How much did this shrewd business man pay for his sh1t?
Is there actually someone who manufactures and sells this sh1t?
How does he know the sh1t is fake and not real?
Why is it sold in litres and not kilos?
edit on 14-8-2012 by abdel because: didn't know you can't say # here

The previous caller stole my thunder...

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
Billionaires should be coming up with solutions to big problems.

I find it highly hypocritical how people constantly bash the super rich for taking so much and not giving back, and then when they DO give back still get bashed. Bill gates has done a LOT with all of his money. He isn't some trust fund kid. He worked for what he has and helps others now that he is able to. Oh I forgot he is an Illuminati member who is seeking to kill billions and whatever else... blah blah

I'm not accusing you of doing this, just saying that in general this seems to be the tone of people on ATS.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Off topic(and childish lol)
edit on 14-8-2012 by MightyPenfriend because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by James1982

For sure, the advantages of a waterless toilet out weight the disadvantages. Usable water is a major concern for any society big or small. Urban planners beat their heat against the wall trying to maintain a useable supply of water for a city. A lot of people just don`t know what goes into keeping a city up and running in a daily basis. It takes a lot of hard work day in and day out.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by James1982
It's kind of disappointing that this thread is just a bunch of jokes and people bashing Bill Gates and Windows.

It's not all about that, people do give credit (including me) when its due with all that he has done and some feel he could do more.... most people do like to take a funny dig at the super rich because 'we aren’t them' and that's all we have
when you add poo to the mix it must be justifiable comedy.

As for the rest of your post, I agree.

Mickierocksman

edit on 14/8/2012 by Mickierocksman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Mickierocksman

Yeah maybe I was just overreacting. I'm not against joking around, It just seemed like nobody was taking it seriously and I thought it was a pretty cool thing.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
I hate to break the news to Bill, but composting toilets that require no electricity or water have been around for years.
The ash from incinerated human waste has high concentrations of heavy metals and is less than environmentally friendly.

I doubt Bill is claiming to have revolutionized the toilet, I am sure the aim is to help people rather than claim a new invention. I guess that no one cares how long they have been around as long as someone with a boat load of cash is looking to help people in need

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by abdel

How much did this shrewd business man pay for his sh1t?

Provably a lot. But that's the point of helping other people in our current civilization. Helping those that can't pay for them-selfs.

Is there actually someone who manufactures and sells this sh1t?

Yes, and provably those companies will either be funded by his humanitarian organizations, or will produce it for free and then receive tax benefits.

How does he know the sh1t is fake and not real?

The smell?

Why is it sold in litres and not kilos?

It's a fluid, not solid matter.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mickierocksman
Sure, I do see the potential in a toilet invention that uses no electricity (to process said waist) no water to flush and it does not need to be connected to a sewerage system.

Is called an out house. You go out and dig a hole then you build some wooden shack over it to make it look perdy. Then you go OUT OF THE HOUSE (reference out house) and poo in the hole while the shack provides cover. Don't forget the candle though cuz then you trip and fall in the hole that everyone else already had poo'd in.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Maybe he thought that there might be a shortage of fake turds on the horizon and decided to stock up.

You never know when synthetic faeces is going to come in handy. Just the other day, my tyre needed changing and I thought to myself, "know what would make this job go easier? a handful of pseudopoo." But there was none to be had - I was told it had all been snapped up by a "geek".

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by abdel

I don't see how a Gates's toilet would help mankind.

1- It doesn't use water, which means there is very little waste, when actually disposing of more waste. Western societies spend thousands of liters of water everyday with unnecessary commodities. And as wrong as that might be, other parts of the world don't even have water to waste. This solves this problem.

2- One of the worst problems that mankind was ever faced with, is the plague. One of the reasons why the plague, and many other deadly diseases got spread so fast, was due to the improper manner in which humans disposed of their contaminated feces. When the plague reached it's peak in death rate, people used to poop and urinate in buckets. Those buckets were then thrown out of the window into the street pavement, and they didn't even care if they would hit someone or not. Hygiene standards weren't that high back then.

That lack of caring for someone's hygiene brought a lot of nasty bugs and diseases that they didn't even know how to treat.

Those same diseases don't exist anymore in most western countries, because we have advanced systems that make our daily life comfortable and clean. That isn't a reality in many parts of the world.

3- Having a cheap but advanced waste treatment equipment can even help producing food. Isolated tribes or groups of people can now have a portable device that not only helps their health standards improve, but also enables them to produce stuff that can help them grow crops and feed them-self's. A lot of rich people and even governments talk a lot about helping Africa and those people, but they come very short in action. This is one of those thing's that can actually make a difference where it is needed.

4- It shows that using your brain in a creative manner can solve more problems than those you were set to solve when you were faced with a problem. This sounds a little bit ridiculous since we are talking about such a mundane thing like taking a crap. But look at history, every time there was a significant improvement in life expectancy, it can be tied down to improvements in life quality/hygiene.

Do you know when life expectancy started to improve, especially among pregnant women and in birth's? When doctors started to wash their hands before making any medical procedure.

Yes. Washing your hands. That's one of the reasons why mankind was able to improve their numbers and reduce the numbers of dead babies.

That's why I don't make fun of something that seems like a joke, but actually has a plausible and credible reason to exist. Maybe not in western nations, but it does make a lot of sense in places where there is no water, or there are very poor hygiene conditions.

Hundreds of years ago we had bio-degradable, minimal water and free availability of toilets. It was called crapping in a hole.

For a family of less than 10 people, a typical farmers bathroom will do, if you also have other proper means of hygiene, and if that hole is away from the house.

But inside cities, that's actually one of the reasons why people died and got sick so fast. Everyone was crapping in the same hole.
edit on 14-8-2012 by GarrusVasNormandy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by OnionHead

Originally posted by butcherguy

I doubt Bill is claiming to have revolutionized the toilet, I am sure the aim is to help people rather than claim a new invention. I guess that no one cares how long they have been around as long as someone with a boat load of cash is looking to help people in need

Maybe instead of wasting cash on developing a new one, he could actually buy the existing ones and hand them out to all these people in need.
Maybe putting money into the development of a 'new' one helps to make him look a little more revolutionary and special.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by cerebralassassins

why would a foundation worth billions invest into something that is a necessity for every human.

Because it makes sense?

He obviously knows that water shortage is the next global crisis to hit the planet and water will not be used for more than 60% of products being distributed/sold/manufactured throughout the planet.

I'm not trying to rain down on your argument, but you seem to be a bit off about current world realities...

Water problems aren't going to be the next global crisis. Water problems already are the biggest global crisis. Empires have fallen due to water shortages. Mankind is very well familiar with the problem of not having quality water.

It's the western culture that has ignored that problem.

In Africa, or even in some parts of the Middle East and Asia, the lack of high-quality water is and has always been a major problem. Countries like India have this problem. We are just not presented with it everyday because...hey...who gives a f..?

If you would make this issue a front-page article in any newspaper, people would laugh. Mostly because so many westerns have their lawn being watered while reading the morning newspaper, or they flush their toilets right before stepping into a warm shower.

That's the only reason why people aren't already in panic over future water problems. They simply don't care, and the problem doesn't seem urgent.

And now what? Bill Gates is the devil because he has the brains to figure out that a problem exists, and nobody gives a crap about it? Most morons that "try to help" Africa just go there, adopt some black kids for publicity, give away some checks that end up funding radical parties, and give away food because that's what comforts the fat ignorant egocentrics in the west!

People go somewhere and they see this picture of a black, african kid, and they think "awww, poor thing, he is hungry", and they drop some change in a box that will (in theory) fund some food bags. Sure, they are hungry. But they are hungry because they don't even have a proper food system that will allow them to feed their population! Sending bags of rice isn't going to do anything for them, other than filling some empty stomachs for a couple of months, if they are lucky enough, because our past examples of altruism were actually giving away money that was being used against the african population.

Most of the times those bags of rice end up in the wrong hands. The people that are hungry are still hungry, and the people going after them and killing them just gained a couple more bags of rice for their troops.

These are the problems we need to fix, and I'm glad that a guy like Bill Gates, although getting all sorts of publicity crap from ignorant people, is still able to open the pockets and throw away millions to find solutions for real problems.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join