It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting and odd occurance last night.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
So curious happenings last night. I am hoping someone can shed some light on it. I am in Kalispell Montana up near the Canadian border. I went up to Glacier National Park to catch some of the meteor shower at Lake Mcdonald far away from light pollution. So a friend and I are sitting on the beach watching the stars.

Mind you there is not a cloud in the sky in any direction. About 11:30 We started seeing flashed in the sky that would light up the mountain ranges behind us all the way to the horizon so bright enough you could see the reflection off the water. These flashes would occur every 3-5 minutes. I thought at first lightning but there was no clouds nothing. I talked to a friend who was down in the valley who saw these flashes too. They were so bright that they lit up the sky. Anyone ever seen or heard of something similar? Phage any ideas what this could have been? It reminded me of a strobe going off the way the flashes occured.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by w810i

Hi there,

Were they extremely bright or were they emitted brightly from the horizon and faded as the light reached you?

link   
reply to post by w810i

Could it have been meteors?
Was big persious (spelling) show over the weekend.
spaceweather.com...
spaceweather.com...

edit on 13-8-2012 by donlashway because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-8-2012 by donlashway because: (no reason given)

link   
Heat lightning?Just sayin

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I've seen flashes that lit up the sky also. Last summer when i had a paper route. I'd just catch it out of the corner of my eye when I was driving around early in the morning. I saw a blue flash ontop of a building one time also, it was a comcast building, maybe something just shorted out or blew up, didn't make a sound though. Wierd stuff. My dads seen them also. One i saw was over the my neighboring city where my paper depot was located. the others where in-between towns out in the country.No idea what they were. Maybe transformers blowing up? But don't think they have many of those in the mountains

edit on 13-8-2012 by sladewilson because: Edit

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by w810i

Maybe earthquake lights? Seeing as there has just been a strong quake today, maybe this is something to keep in mind? Also, there is a huge coronal hole swinging around to us now, & there is a school of thought that there is a definite correlation with coronal holes & earthquakes. Eyes open people.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by w810i

probably heat lightning it is fairly common in the south.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I found this vid.

Now, if you ignore all the Nibru, UFO etc etc was it anything like this?

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainBeno

they were bright enough to reflect off the water. If you had your back to the mountain range from where the flashes occured it would light up the opposite horizon.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by CarpenterMatt

No earthquakes reported around here

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainBeno

Your link is broken.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by crazyguy2012

I thought heat lightning to however there was not a cloud to be seen horizon to horizon. These flashes were way brighter then any heat or sheet lightning.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by w810i
reply to post by CarpenterMatt

No earthquakes reported around here

I think they are seen before quakes.....

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   
I live in great falls MT and went to my highest point about 3 am and noticed about 2 flashes myself and I seen 1 falling star or meteor or... lol

I thought for a meteor shower this was normal myself.

Interesting

To the guy above me....there was a recent quake....8-11-2012

earthquake.usgs.gov...

edit on 14-8-2012 by tracehd1 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join