It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

7.7 EQ just now in Russia, 5.1 on the US west coast

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arduous
Sorry I don't know much about this, but is it normal for all these earthquakes to be so closely timed together around the ring of fire?

That's the million dollar question everyone is watching right now I think.... A lot of activity in the last few days....

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
same with this guy been watching his youtube channel as a subscriber for a bit now and he's pretty bang on when he calls for an uptick.

youtu.be...

SaneThinking

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Jodlum66

If they really wanted to hide them, would we see them at all?

link   
reply to post by Arduous

I've been watching seismic activity for several years now. Everything seems normal so far. Before the huge Japan quake march 11th last year I think there was around a 6.4 or something. It's common for there to be subsequent quake on the opposite side of the Plate. I see them near Alaska, and then down near New Zealand quite often. All we can do is wait and see if this is a huge fore-shock.
edit on 13-8-2012 by Jodlum66 because: (no reason given)

link   
Usgs has removed the CA quake. Global watch is a little slow and glitchy. You can't always trust it to be accurate.

When all else fails chech usgs.gov.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by planefixer

No. She's a fraud.Go have a look around and youll find her predictions have not come true,particulary the ones she had for this past weekend.

Also,I posted the screenshots of what I saw to PROVE that there's no way it's nothing more then poor reporting and a map full of glitches. There's no way 4 MAJOR earthquakes off the coast of Russia would go unreported. If I remember correctly,it had 5 listed at the same strength a bit ago.
edit on 13-8-2012 by nightstalker78 because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

Originally posted by Arduous
Sorry I don't know much about this, but is it normal for all these earthquakes to be so closely timed together around the ring of fire?

That's the million dollar question everyone is watching right now I think.... A lot of activity in the last few days....

I don't normally get hyped up about stuff but my heart skipped a beat
I'm staying up late tonight to keep doing the print screen just in case the EQ's are missing from the site... or some other reason. You never know

link   
Typically the Global Incident Map will show all revisions and quakes as reported by other agencies, so the list of different 7s is normal.

Just keep an eye on USGS/EMSC for additional quakeage.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Now Alaska's going nuts...the quakes aren't very large, but there was just 4-6 of them...what the hell?

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I was looking at the real time map when the 2 7's hit...then instantly the cali quakes disappeared , now it doesn't show either of them , I refreshed several times...there's nothing on them......

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by tracehd1

Me thinks the global incident map is screwey...it showed 3 5.1 quakes in different areas at the same time...then it showed that Russia had FIVE in the same area that ranged from 7.3-7.7 at the SAME time.

Glitches,anyone?

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by planefixer

Yep - this is a quote from her website.....

This evening, if you read my other blog- I had the song “A Day in the Life” by The Beatles stuck in my head at random. Usually it means something. I heard “I read the news today oh boy” over and over- and then “And though the holes were rather small, They had to count them all, Now they know how many holes it takes to fill the albert hall”. In the Beatles movie regarding the Albert Hall, it is a white room that is infinite and it is filled with small holes that are so many you can’t count them all.

The albert hall.....White room? Come on.

Small thing, but I would expect her to have the power of google at her finger tips.

Is this not a small signpost to anyone that she's potentially just throwing random stuff out there? Not conclusive...in the least.

But doesn't it point to the potential that she doesn't really think? She just chucks it out there and will see what sticks.

I love how the Internet can make prophets out of anyone.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
This is the list of Shakemaps available at the USGS and it does NOT yet include the Northern California ones. For the sake seeing recent major ones though, it's a decent show of the activity and includes the Russia quake the Thread is for.

USGS Page the above comes from.

and here is the Shakemap image for the Russia quake:

Hope that helps and at least gets a record or there in case the list changes down the road.. not that those things ever happen or anything.

* In the interest of keeping a record and because this is ATS and someone is going to be curious about this at some point, this is a screenshot from my image gallery here at ATS (as opposed to a link to the updating graph) of the current Sun activity. It's actually pretty quiet, but either way... here it is for reference.

edit on 13-8-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
latimesblogs.latimes.com...

The paper ran with the quake in an article, so did people feel it.....either it happened or it didn't...where are the witnesses??

Report of 5.1 quake rattles near Gerber deleted by USGS

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

This is what showed up for me an hour ago,minus the top CA quake.

Which further proves that there wasn't 4 or 5 major ones near Russia...

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by tracehd1

I counted 31 of them in a 12 hr period yesterday in Alaska. A swarm?
I think the activity and sizes of quakes planet wide has been gradually increasing of late.
But that is just my opinion.
I have been watching quake activity daily since my Grandson went to stay with Grandpa in southern Ca.

edit on 13-8-2012 by azureskys because: just checking

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by timetothink

I'm guessing it didn't. The writer probably frequents sites like this and writes stories only to edit them later when it's shown they're wrong

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Here's an explanation for a similar glitch earlier this year - Most likely the same thing happened with the Cali quakes today.

Errata for "Phantom Events" in Southern California resulting from the M7.4 Mexico Earthquake on 2012/03/20 18:02 UTC.

Strong earthquakes generate seismic waves that spread across the entire globe. As the seismic waves generated by the M7.4 Earthquake near Ometepec, Mexico on 2012/03/20 18:02 UTC swept across the seismic network in southern California (SCSN) the automatic earthquake detection systems recognized the arrival of seismic energy but misinterpreted it as six local events rather than one large distant event.

Three of these "phantom events" were of sufficient quality to be automatically released for public distribution. All were cancelled by analysts within 5 minutes.

earthquake.usgs.gov...
edit on 13-8-2012 by Maluhia because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Now I am also still seeing the 5.1's listed at the Global Incident Map.

All those were from the USGS feeds, not CSEM like most show for a double report. Someone earlier on the thread had that screenshot I believe...but it's still showing there. Looks like some confusion? I never like seeing confusion at Government agency levels. It's disturbing.
edit on 13-8-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by nightstalker78

You are right about her exact predictions as far as dates go. She has been saying there will be major EQ in Cali for awhile and has said august.
I don't really believe in psycics but a serious question...and if I wasn't on my phone I would go find some links. Anyone that has followed this lately will remember. We have croomes, "Jessica the psychic" the video posted about August 17 being a significant day, and there are several you tuber that follow the sun and its effects on earth relative to EQs saying we are entering a increased cycle for activity. It just seems as if we have info coming from everywhere and all points to these next few days and these are as mentioned people ranging from supposed inside Intel to people that actually study this. Now they are not predicting anything other than increased activity but when combined with everything else it makes you wonder.....

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join