It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2,362 'Millionaires' in 2009 Got Unemployment Benefits !!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
2,362 Millionaires Got Unemployment Benefits

YES !!!

That's certified by the Congressional Research Service.

Alarming.

Apparently this is common and has been since 1964 !!!

I wonder why oh why Obama and the 111th Congress didn't look into this little problem ?

Surely somebody must have known about it all these years.

Maybe they "reserved" the benefit for voted-out politicians

(CNSNews.com) - There were 2,362 people who earned a million dollars or more in taxable income in 2009 and who also received federal unemployment benefits that year, according to a report by the Congressional Research Service.

In fact, these millionaires collectively raked in more than $20 million in unemployment benefits.

The Congressional Research Service report--Receipt of Unemployment Insurance by Higher-Income Unemployed Workers (“Millionaires”)--was published on Aug. 2 and was based on the most recent data available from the Internal Revenue Service......

2,362 Millionaires Got Unemployment Benefits

Unbelievable !!!

and wait.....it gets better:

In addition to the 2,362 people with adjusted gross incomes of $1 million or more who got unemployment benefits in 2009, there were also 8,335 people with incomes between $500,000 and $1 million who received benefits and 120,227 with incomes between $200,000 and $500,000 who received benefits.

On July 17, House Minority Leader Steny Hoyer said that unemployment benefits along with food stamps were the two most stimulative things the government could do for the economy.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

I could have sworn big poppa admin said something about this or that about ATS and some forums in general not being political partisanship hubs.

If you have a problem with the information you're talking about, which you rightfully should, then talk about the 112th Congress as well and see how much they have done about the issue (because it most certainly is 'ongoing')
edit on 13-8-2012 by TheOneElectric because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   

On July 17, House Minority Leader Steny Hoyer said that unemployment benefits along with food stamps were the two most stimulative things the government could do for the economy.

So let's see a millionaire who paid 15% on that 1 miilion dollars paid in $150,000 bucks where the government who in turn used that money to fund the department of argriculture who issues those food stamps and who paid their employees unemployment insurance benefits since all employers pay for that.

The question I am left with what their incomes are going to be for 2010 or if they are still in business today.

While there is going to be some people upset that "millionaires got unemployment benefits isn't that what they are there for?

2,362 in to 20 million equals little over 8000 bucks.and for a millionaire 8k isn't jack.
edit on 13-8-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I don't have a problem with this. If they paid into the system and were unemployed, then they were entitled to that money. Unemployment isn't an incomed based entitlement. In that same logic then, those millionaires who paid into SS shouldn't get it when they hit 65. This is my biggest problem with entitlements that we pay into against our will.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOneElectric
reply to post by xuenchen

I could have sworn big poppa admin said something about this or that about ATS and some forums in general not being political partisanship hubs.

If you have a problem with the information you're talking about, which you rightfully should, then talk about the 112th Congress as well and see how much they have done about the issue (because it most certainly is 'ongoing')
edit on 13-8-2012 by TheOneElectric because: (no reason given)

This became a right wing board a long time ago.

Anyway, if they paid in they should get it, that's just my opinion.
edit on 13-8-2012 by antonia because: can't type

new topics

top topics

join