It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World War 3 - is upon us !!! Rapture is Even Closer!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ResearchEverything777

The following disagrees with a pre-trib rapture.

"21For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be. 22And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened. 23Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not. 24For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect. 25Behold, I have told you before. 26Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not. 27For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. 28For wheresoever the carcase is, there will the eagles be gathered together. 29Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken: 30And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. 31And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other." (Matthew 24:21-32 KJV)

Also in the parable of the 10 virgins, the five foolish virgins did not get a second chance at salvation.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
It's truly too bad that many people have such
a harsh view of ALL Christians based on their experience with a few..
There are roughly 2 billion Christians,and counting,in the world.
So even if you've had interaction with 2,000 Christians in your lifetime and every
single one was a negative experience.. You'd still be basing your opinion off only
a few. Seems highly judgmental and closed minded.. Which,ironically, is what
Christians are constantly accused of being.
I would like to ask, to anyone knowledgable in this area..
I had always assumed that the rapture would come before the tribulation. It doesn't
make sense to me that the Anti-Christ would be revealed while true believers are
still here and could easily identify him. But I have heard some people say the rapture
will not happen until a few years in..
Any thoughts or opinions would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jinxy

I would say that it's more like 25 million or less. Probably less.
edit on 13-8-2012 by truejew because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by truejew

I would say that it's more like 25 million or less. Probably less.
edit on 13-8-2012 by truejew because: (no reason given)

In 2010, there were 2.30 billion Christians in the world, an increase of 300 million from two billion in 2005. The increase in the Christian population is growing at a slightly higher rate than the world population ~ Wikipedia

So this is wrong? Or the global population of the Christian community has really decreased that drastically?

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Jinxy

When you understand that Revelation is over TEN years not 7 it falls into place better.
In the first 5 chapters of Revelation, there is a church called Sardis; the dead church and they have to go through TEN years.
And Babylon still has 10 yrs of their 70 yrs that God gave them in Jeremiah.

We are definitely in the Great Tribulation which started January 2009.
And I can back this up but that would have be a new thread, as it is very detailed.

So you can thank God you have come through the 6 Seals, I do.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by AriesJedi
reply to post by Jinxy

When you understand that Revelation is over TEN years not 7 it falls into place better.
In the first 5 chapters of Revelation, there is a church called Sardis; the dead church and they have to go through TEN years.

And I can back this up but that would have be a new thread, as it is very detailed.

I'd love to see your thread about January 2009!

I always thought something began with Hurricane Katrina wiping out New Orleans. I'm not one to judge a community as a whole, but New Orleans really is a place full of crime, black magic, and vulgarity. Look at Sodom & Gomorrah. I'm sure not everyone in the towns were bad, yet they were still destroyed as a whole for the majority of wickedness being done there. I always thought that Hurricane Katrina signified something beginning.
edit on 13-8-2012 by ApokalypsisRising because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by AriesJedi
reply to post by Jinxy

Wasnt one of the seal the Ocean will turn to blood? Have we seen that yet? I dont remember that one happening yet. So im confused on your time line. And predicting it as you have is a sure fire way to push it back since for you to know contradicts God correct?

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by truejew

As posted before...These are very clear distinctions...

"The rapture of the faithful in contrast to the Revelation of Jesus at His coming*

Christ comes for His own 1Th 4:13-18 --------------------Christ returns with His own Rev 19:14
Believers taken to Father's House Joh 14:3 ----------------Believers come with Jesus to Earth Mat 24:30
He is seen only by believers 1Co 15:52 --------------------Every eye will see Him Mat 24:30
Earth not judged -----------------------------------------------Earth judged Rev 20:4-5
A Mystery - 1 Co 15:51 --------------------------------------Foretold in OT Zech 12:10
Christians taken first 1Th 4:13-18 3 Mat 13:28-30 -------Wicked are taken first Mat 25:1-13; Rev 3:8-10; Rev 4:1,
He comes to present the Church to Himself 2 Co 11:2 ---He comes with His Church for judgement and to set up his Kingdom Rev 19:6-9, Zec 14:3-4; Jud 1:14-15; Rev 19:11-21
Casts Satan out of heaven to earth Rev 12 ------------------Binds Satan for a thousand years Rev 20
Occurs in the twinkling of an eye 1Co 15:52---------------Comes to earth to do battle at specific locations Isa 63:1-3, Rev 16:16, Zec 12:9-10
Jesus descends with a shout. 1Th 4:16 8 --------------------No shout mentioned Rev 19:11-21
Jesus comes as a thief in the night 1Th 24:43---------------Jesus comes at the end of 7 years of tribulation Dan 9:24-27, 12:11-12; Rev 11:2, 12:6,14, 13:5"
www.thepropheticyears.com...

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   

In 2010, there were 2.30 billion Christians in the world, an increase of 300 million from two billion in 2005. The increase in the Christian population is growing at a slightly higher rate than the world population ~ Wikipedia

So this is wrong? Or the global population of the Christian community has really decreased that drastically?

Was Wikipedia counting all people claiming to be Christians? Trinitarians, those whom reject Acts 2:38 true salvation by grace through faith, Bush family, even Obama-nation?

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   

My previous post still stands. There will be no second chances for anyone.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Luke 21:36 Watch therefore, and pray always that you may be counted worthy to escape all these things that will come to pass, and to stand before the Son of Man.”
Jesus said all those things would come to pass during that generation.

Then we who are alive and remain shall be (caught up) together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord. 1 Thessalonians 4:17
This is describing events at the end of the world, which your theorized version of rapture does not occur on, since there is no end of the world in your scenario.
edit on 14-8-2012 by jmdewey60 because: add Bible quote: "For the creation eagerly waits for the revelation of the sons of God." Romans 8:19

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Because "rapture" is an English theological term . . .

If "rapture" is English, then why is it not in the English translation of the Bible?
edit on 14-8-2012 by jmdewey60 because: add Bible quote: "For the creation eagerly waits for the revelation of the sons of God." Romans 8:19

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Christ returns with His own Rev 19:14
It says he comes with the "armies of heaven".

Believers come with Jesus to Earth Mat 24:30
It says he is coming with "power and great glory".

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Because "rapture" is an English theological term . . .

If "rapture" is English, then why is it not in the English translation of the Bible?

You should have read beyond the part you quoted above. Had you done so you clearly would have read that it's a carry-over. When the KJV translators made their translation they did a word for word translation, that's why they translated raptiro as "caught up". Rapture is a Latin term, go look at the Vulgate online.

edit on 14-8-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

Luke 21:36 Watch therefore, and pray always that you may be counted worthy to escape all these things that will come to pass, and to stand before the Son of Man.”
Jesus said all those things would come to pass during that generation.

Then we who are alive and remain shall be (caught up) together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord. 1 Thessalonians 4:17
This is describing events at the end of the world, which your theorized version of rapture does not occur on, since there is no end of the world in your scenario.

The Greek word is "aeon" which is "age"... the end of an age, not the world as in destruction of the planet. Its the end of the age of human government.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by truejew

The following disagrees with a pre-trib rapture.

"21For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be. 22And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened. 23Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not. 24For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect. 25Behold, I have told you before. 26Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not. 27For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. 28For wheresoever the carcase is, there will the eagles be gathered together. 29Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken: 30And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. 31And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other." (Matthew 24:21-32 KJV)

Also in the parable of the 10 virgins, the five foolish virgins did not get a second chance at salvation.

I'm not sure why you think any of these verses disagree with a pre-tribulation rapture. The question is whether or not anyone else will become saved after the rapture to become part of the elect. If you don't think so, then you still have the 144,000 (12,000 each from the 12 tribes of Israel) with the seal of God on them that will be here and can still be considered the "elect" as outlined in Revelation 7.

Let's take a closer look at the 144,000 with the seal of God on them.

Revelation 14:1-3

14 And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father's name written in their foreheads.

2 And I heard a voice from heaven, as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of a great thunder: and I heard the voice of harpers harping with their harps:

3 And they sung as it were a new song before the throne, and before the four beasts, and the elders: and no man could learn that song but the hundred and forty and four thousand, which were redeemed from the earth.

Now in Revelation 15, notice who the ones are that are holding harps and singing a song.

Revelation 15:1-3

And I saw another sign in heaven, great and marvellous, seven angels having the seven last plagues; for in them is filled up the wrath of God.

2 And I saw as it were a sea of glass mingled with fire: and them that had gotten the victory over the beast, and over his image, and over his mark, and over the number of his name, stand on the sea of glass, having the harps of God.

3 And they sing the song of Moses the servant of God, and the song of the Lamb, saying, Great and marvellous are thy works, Lord God Almighty; just and true are thy ways, thou King of saints.

So, even if you think that there is no rapture and that no one is given a second chance, the "elect" can easily be explained by the 144,000. Unfortunately, your verses do not prove that there is no "rapture" based on the fact that it uses the term "elect".

edit on 14-8-2012 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I agree with Druscilla, I wouldnt shed a tear if all the Christians were beamed up sooner rather than later.

Its often ignored that these are the people who love and worship a figure that according to them, is currently burning and torturing hundreds of billions of men, women and (by far the most) children.

If you can love someone/thing who could do something so imorral, so debased..............bis dann, arrivederci, au revoir, adios! etc

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

Jesus spoke as if the Church was there during the tribulation.

There are no second chances.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by truejew

Do you have any Bible verses you can share in order to make your point?

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined
reply to post by truejew

Do you have any Bible verses you can share in order to make your point?

You don't think Matthew 24 and the parable of the 10 virgins are Bible verses?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join