It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paul Ryan on Patriot Act, NDAA and Warrantless Wiretaps

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   

But times were different way back then....

The wild binge spending hadn't started yet.

What planet were you living on, "back then"? I seem to recall a little thing like a global economic meltdown occurring in 2008-2009, that led to a certain unnamed former president going on quite a wild spending binge (TARP, bank bailouts, etc.) Schedule D (unpaid for), tax cuts for the millionaires, etc., all led to the massive debt bomb left for that certain unnamed former president's successor.

That unemployment rate skyrocketed before Obama could even get the name changed on the Oval Office door.

This isn't a defense of Obama - this is about not forgetting what a colossal MESS the Republicans created and left for others to pick up.

For Obama to be responsible for the unemployment rate climbing, it would take at least a year for his policies to take effect. But you don't see that, you see unemployment going skyward in 2009, even as early as late 2008 when the recession really began taking hold (and after a year of denial by that same former president that we were even in a recession).

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

I wasn't referring to the collapse.

You mentioned the debt ceiling being raised by Republicans under Bush.

Times were different way back then.

p.s. my friend, you should really work on your clever "quoting" techniques.

Why hide my name when you quote me ?

edit on Aug-15-2012 by xuenchen because:

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

I wasn't referring to the collapse.

You mentioned the debt ceiling being raised by Republicans under Bush.

Times were different way back then.

p.s. my friend, you should really work on your clever "quoting" techniques.

Why hide my name when you quote me ?

edit on Aug-15-2012 by xuenchen because:

You're a misinformed mess.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Thanks for saving me the trouble with this post. Problem is, and the reason I have not really gone there, is that Obama has proven even worse the GW Bush in this regard, if that can even be imagined. This is my primary disappointment with Obama and it frankly shocks me that this crap can can occur without a fair indictment for treason. I mean, if NDAA and/or extra-judicial killing with drones is not a direct attach on the Constitution, I don't know what is.

If I am to be intellectually honest, Obama, along with Bush and Cheney, should have been charged and both impeached for these gross violations on our civil liberties. Our society needs a line in the sand that tells even the most powerful, if you cross this, you will end up in the same prison as all the poor saps that have been locked up for an ounce of crack or a few joints and for ten years minimum with no rights to ever consult for/to the government, loss of all pensions and benefits, not allowed to profit off the act via books, etc. And upon release, you are exiled to the country of your choice..

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 05:08 AM
link   
I want anyone considering voting for this ticket to read this thread and understand just how much of a sell out both of these candidates are. YOU HAVE NO CHOICE IN THIS ELECTION BECAUSE BIG BUSINESS HAS CHOSEN FOR YOU!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join