It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Open Letter To Kerry States "Law Is Clear, US Constitution Disqualifies You From The Presidency"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 08:12 PM
link   
A letter I have run across... A very interesting point in this election wouldn't you say?

Senator John Kerry
c/o Democratic National Committee
530 S. Capitol St. SE
Washington DC 20003

An Open Letter to John Kerry
US Constitution Article 14 Section 3 Disqualifies You From the Presidency

Dear John

In April 1971 you testified as a Naval officer before Congress, giving the North Vietnamese what they hadn't gotten from American POWs in Hanoi: a confession of war crimes. According to Senator John McCain (14 May 1973 US News & World Report) your testimony was "the most effective propaganda they had to use against us." Your photograph is displayed in the Vietnamese Communist War Remnants Museum in Ho Chi Minh City www.WinterSoldier.com in the room of tribute to the American anti-war protestors who helped the North Vietnamese win the war. North Vietnamese General Vo Nguyen Giap wrote in his memoir in 1985 that if it weren't for anti-war activists such as you and the Vietnam Veterans Against the War, which you led and represented, they would have surrendered; but as a result of your activism and that of others like yourself, American POWs stayed in prison longer, they were tortured longer, the war lasted longer, America surrendered, and thousands more Americans and Viets died. You gave aid and comfort to the enemy.

Now, on the campaign trail, you are calling the war against Saddam Hussein and terrorism in Iraq "the wrong war, in the wrong place, at the wrong time." You are giving aid and comfort to the enemy again.

The United States Constitution, Article 14, Section 3, provides that: "No person shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress, or elector of President or Vice President, or hold any office, civil or military, under the United States . . . who, having previously taken an oath . . . as an officer of the United States . . . shall have . . . given aid and comfort to the enemies thereof."

The law is perfectly clear. You have taken an oath to uphold the Constitution, as a Naval officer, as a Senator, and you seek to do so again as President. To uphold the US Constitution, Article 14, Section 3, you must resign from the Senate, and resign your presidential candidacy. Your presidency would be a violation of the US Constitution, Article 14, Section 3.

Very truly yours,

Raymond S. Kraft

bushcountry.org...

I know, dog the site BUT read the letter!

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 08:17 PM
link   
If this is true, how is Kerry able to run? I'm sure many people opposed to Kerry would love to be able to disqualify him and yet no one has. Any idea why?

Jemison

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 08:20 PM
link   
The Bush administration's war crimes will be recorded in history as a blight on the nation and will affect the US economically and in foreign relations for decades to come.

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Well edsinger with such a poweful lettler you should be able to stop elections all by yourself.

Who knows perhaps you can run the country if you are old enough.

[edit on 11-10-2004 by marg6043]

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 08:21 PM
link   
WOW

Nice find edsinger

Just have your flame shield ready though because the kerry guys are probably coming for you soon...^^^^^SEE^^^^^

[edit on 11-10-2004 by Kwintz]

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jemison
If this is true, how is Kerry able to run? I'm sure many people opposed to Kerry would love to be able to disqualify him and yet no one has. Any idea why?

Jemison

COULD IT BE THE FACT THAT HE WONT RELEASE HIS WAR RECORDS?

I have asked this multiple times and I have got not a one reply. Not a one!

Hehe I wonder why?

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 08:27 PM
link   
so like if he would have lied about war crimes you would be ok with that? you'd wrather have a President who purgured himself infront of congress? yeah that makes sence. fact is man he had the guts to volunteer to fight in a war that most saw as a civil war. he didnt get his daddy to bump his name above 200 others to join the National Guard.

Nice find though, but dosent that amendment refer to enemies of war? Wasn't Vietnam a "policing action"? I could be mistaken I meen please tell me if I am but did we ever declare war on Vietnam?

good post though
-out

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Bush won't release his either, which is why Kerry won't. he even stated he would release his as soon as Bush releases his. WE THE COUNTRY are still waiting for Bush to release his.

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Amazing! COuld it be that this is another one of those laws that no one really pays attention to anymore? Or could it be that it can be interpreted loosely enough to notcover his anti-war protesting?We have to remember what we're talking about here, the most diverse piece of paper in history, the US Constitution! Two opposing sides can take the same phrase from it and say it supports their side only. If its that loose, it surely can be stretched here.

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Edsinger, does it not matter to you that what Kerry testified to after the Vietnam war was proven to be accurate and many, many soldiers involved in the said activities were found guilty of war crimes (although most of it was swept under the rug) ?

Do a little research on the Mai Lai masacre...and look for Powel's name to come up regarding the coverup.

Interesting isn't it?

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
COULD IT BE THE FACT THAT HE WONT RELEASE HIS WAR RECORDS?

Interesting...isn't it Bush's records that were "accidently" destroyed? I'm no fan of Kerry, but at least the man actually has a WAR record. Bush never went, so I guess we can't say too much about his WAR records. Bush hails himself as a WAR PRESIDENT, yet never went to war. All joking aside, I wish they would release both of there records...which will never happen because Bush has none left

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser
Bush won't release his either, which is why Kerry won't. he even stated he would release his as soon as Bush releases his. WE THE COUNTRY are still waiting for Bush to release his.

Uh Bush released his , he signed form 180.

From the Swiftboat site, it is all they ask...

�NO!� MR. PRESIDENT
"President Bush, we respectfully decline your call for us to stop our Swift Boat attack.

This is not about you!

Even if Hillary Rodham Clinton were John Kerry�s opponent in this race, we would continue to reveal the truth. We are doing this to defend the honor of the 58,295 men whose names are on The Wall at the Vietnam Veterans Memorial and the millions of Vietnam Veterans who are living under a dark cloud placed upon us by John Kerry when he called us baby killers, rapists and murderers."

As for you, Senator John Forbes Kerry
You are the Great Pretender.

We know why you won�t sign the Form 180 which would release all of your military records and not just the ones you selected.

If you will sign the Form 180, apologize to Vietnam Veterans for lying in your Senate testimony and apologize for these two documents, we will shut down this website.

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 08:35 PM
link   
By the way, you can find Kerry's war record right on his site if you care to take the time to look...

www.johnkerry.com...

What has ne not released?

link   

That statement above is enough to discredit your efforts altogether my friend

Seriously...Swiftboat veterans? Your kidding, right?

link   
In that case, Robert F. Kennedy and Eugene McCarthy, who ran for the Presidency in 1968 on an antiwar platform, were also giving aid and comfort to the enemy, and therefore were disqualified from the Presidency.

So what it means is that any future President who wants to win a second term just has to launch a war, say, in the third or fourth year of his term, and run on a platform of not changing the guard in the middle of a war. And if his opponent criticizes that war, the government can just disqualify that opponent for giving "aid and comfort" to the enemy.

Hey, even better... just launch a war on Iran at the end of Bush's second term, that way whoever runs to succeed Bush can uphold that war and any opponent who dares criticize it or even oppose that war can be disqualified.

The neocons' dream... Republicans in the White House for good.

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Edsinger your link is one of the best reliable links in the entire web whoa I have to give it to you.

You realy need to come back to reality.

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Well you are right Bush would have no combat record. He never went to nam, as did many others. The National Guard was still service nonetheless.

But, even if what Kerry said was true, then why not release it. And if it was right for him to do, why do the vietnam vets hate him so? He stained them so they would get spit on when they came home, I mean he made it home pretty fast, others did not.

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I believe Kerry released his war records for all of 2 days for the media to jot down. Then he sealed them up again.

[edit on 11-10-2004 by Jamuhn]

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jazzerman

That statement above is enough to discredit your efforts altogether my friend

Seriously...Swiftboat veterans? Your kidding, right?

Absolutley! They hurt Kerry in the polls, so why not appease them and sign the form and release the records? It is simple enough. Hey these guys are fighting dirty, I will admitt that, but they DO NOT WANT him to serve as CIC and I tend to agree with them.

EDIT: Just think of the boon to his run for Pres. Just what is in the records> How many Nam vets here are for Kerry?

[edit on 11-10-2004 by edsinger]

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by sensfan
By the way, you can find Kerry's war record right on his site if you care to take the time to look...

www.johnkerry.com...

What has ne not released?

Thanks for the link...I too have been looking for his records, but to no avail. Hopefully "people" will take the time and read through the records. One question though...are these all of his records, or are there some still classified, hidden, etc.?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join