It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just Sooooooooooooo Damn

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I'm a Naturalized Fairly New American Citizen, But, as soon as my husband and I obtained my Green Card, I applied and received my Social Security Card and I went to work legally and started paying into the system.

After some investigating because of a discussion we were having about who and when are we all illegible to draw.
I found this out and it upset me.
I was always under the oppression that the money the participants put into the independent 'Trust Fund' rather than into the general operating fund, and therefore, would only be used to fund the Social Security Retirement Program, and no other Government program. I was taught this in China about Americas Retirement.

I found out that Under Johnson, another Democrat, the money was moved to The General Fund and Spent

Something else I thought was the annuity payments to the retirees would never be taxed as income. My husband does our taxes and I've never asked before.
This is what I found out.
Under Clinton & Gore, Democrats, Up to 85% of your Social Security can be Taxed, that we are getting taxed on 85% of the money we paid to the Federal government to Put Away For Us,,,,,,, you may be interested in the following.
Which Political Party took Social Security from the independent Trust Fund and put it into the General Fund so that Congress could spend it?
It was Lyndon Johnson and the Democratically Controlled House and Senate.

Now I ask you, Which Political Party decided to startgiving annuity payments to immigrants? That had not paid into SSN for any amount of time.
You guessed it,,,,,,Jimmy Carter and the Democratic Party!

So,,,,, This is a Rant and it turns out to be about the way the Democratic Party has Screwed Americans and Honest Law Abiding Naturalized Citizen that worked two jobs to pay into our Retirement and get our 20 and more points. Just to have our hopes for a little more retirement monies Dashed to pay for the Lazy People.

I've always kinda wondered as we are out and about, my husband will met a Hardcore Democrat and we'll just shack his head and ignore the Idiot and Walk A Way.
I understand a little better now, My husband as always told me, we need to be like China and give these people jobs, Like sweeping Street and Cleaning Latrines and Sewers or digging Ditches like China Does.
Make them earn that Welfare Cards and Monies.

My Rant, Nobody needs to agree with me, That's OK!

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

Welcome to America....the land of give and give and give...until you have no more to give....

I agree with your rant....

Des

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

Wow... you are going to really confuse anti-immigrant republicans. They're gonna like you for bashing democrats but then be torn about you immigrating here.

Congrats on getting your green card, I know it's hard. Too hard. The barrier-to-entry in this nation requires those modifications to SS you are talking about. First, they make it hard to become a citizen here and pay into SS then they have to compensate by using those funds to help out the undocumented immigrants.

The solution would be to simply make citizenship much easier to obtain so immigrants can start paying into the system faster. We aren't out of room or anything.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Thank You and I know I'm Not Crazy,,,,, I guess I expected more,,,, Yes,,,, like my husband said to me.

"Honey you're upset because you expected to receive a little Respect for all your Hard Work"

Well,,,,, you're not exactly Poor and you're Not Registered as a Democrat and never have been and they don't need your Vote! There are plenty of Poor People That Are Followers of that All Mighty,,,, Free Dollar!

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
We are only about 5-10 years away from people trying as hard to get out of the US as they did to get in the US 5 years ago. We are on the express path to a 3rd world nation.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

On the current SSA website; lets look at what they have to say about how SS is funded.

www.ssa.gov...

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by knowledgedesired
We are only about 5-10 years away from people trying as hard to get out of the US as they did to get in the US 5 years ago. We are on the express path to a 3rd world nation.

You know, I agree and disagree with your post, I did star you for your post because it was thoughtful.

Even though in my old home of Mother China, Times are much better, living conditions have changed and you can even earn a living wage and buy a car in China and best of all,,,,, If both you and your husband works for one of the American, German, Japanese or British companies, you can afford to buy an apartment and not have to live in a Government Issued apartment.

But even with all that and more, like the One Child Policy has been Abandoned. I have friends that still want to come to America and Live.
Yes, I have girl friends asking me if the know any Americans looking for a wife, Now you need to understand, these women are my age at lest,,,,,,They are divorced and their child is grown, most cases their husband left them for a younger woman.
But, Still!!!!!
I know many men ad women wanted to come to America and Breath Freedom in the Morning Sunlight and Travel without the need of Travel Documents and other Freedoms I have they'll Never Enjoy.

The people want to leave America have never lived in any other country as a Citizen.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea
reply to post by guohua

On the current SSA website; lets look at what they have to say about how SS is funded.

www.ssa.gov...

Not about how SSN is Funded, it's how the funds are Divide Out and who gets what and how much is Taxable.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

I understand what you are saying; I just wanted to add that information. Thank you for setting me straight though! Sometimes I need a good kick in the .......you know what!

I was just reading my local newspaper online and found this interesting article about Social Security and how it compares to what other countries do; it is a good read.

Link: seattletimes.nwsource.com...

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   

reply to post by guohua

I understand what you are saying; I just wanted to add that information. Thank you for setting me straight though! Sometimes I need a good kick in the .......you know what!

I was just reading my local newspaper online and found this interesting article about Social Security and how it compares to what other countries do; it is a good read.

No, No, No,,, No Kick in the You Know What,,,,,, Just saying,,,,,,,

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

So what you are saying is that life here in the USA is better than in China? I'd like for you to expound upon that to give a wake up call to all the "entitled" members here.

Then, a reality check: You pay 35% in taxes on your income. You are taxed for non-food stuffs. You are taxed for the property you own. You are taxed and taxed until there is little left. Is that so much better?

And then, in all honesty, exactly how many girlfriends do you have that are looking for American husbands?

I am curious to hear your responses.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

So what you are saying is that life here in the USA is better than in China? I'd like for you to expound upon that to give a wake up call to all the "entitled" members here.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
I've posted there of some of my life experiences because I was asked to by the OP Sinny.

Then, a reality check: You pay 35% in taxes on your income. You are taxed for non-food stuffs. You are taxed for the property you own. You are taxed and taxed until there is little left. Is that so much better?

Yes, Life in America is Much, Much Better, I am taxed in accordance with my income basically, Yes, we pay taxes on our home every year and yes, we pay taxes for the things we purchase.
I understand the need for Taxes, it is the SSN monies I paid into while working 2 jobs and 6 or 7 days a week so I could pay in my points early. I have not been in America all my life.
Life in America is good, you are not held down purposely, you can advance and grow and better yourself.
In China, you may be held back because of your families social status in the Party or you Education.
But this thread is a Rant about Social Security and Where's the monies gone?

And then, in all honesty, exactly how many girlfriends do you have that are looking for American husbands?

Well Yuijie just married my husbands best friend and I have friends in China I talk to on the phone, e-mails and visit who would gladly come to America, but you won't know any of these people.

edit on 14-8-2012 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by guohua

That is very insightful. Thank you for sharing.

Sometimes, as an American, I am not so proud of my country because of all the corruption, the lies, the wasteful spending, the unbalanced budget, and the need for our government to promote war. It's people like you who help to bring it back into perspective. Thanks for your input.

It is VERY much appreciated.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

Thank you and I Love America, My day starts every morning with me knowing, I can leave this city with my husband or alone and not need travel documents. I can buy a train or plane ticket for Beijing with out show the ticket clerk my permission to leave my city.

If I move to another city in America, I just Move, I don't need to register with the local Police Station for the district or the local Communist Party Leader.
If I was young enough to have more children I could in America, if I need medical attention I can go to any clinic or emergency room and be treated, In China you need cash money for any Real Treatment, if no cash, you get an Aspirin and Band-aide. If you stay in the hospital, you will need family to bring you food and change your bedding and tom bath you, None of those things are provided to you in China, only medicine and bandage.
In America I was Amazed at the number of vile's of blood they draw from you for different blood test, in China they take One Sample and do all their test from the one large vile.

You want me to be Honest, in China I was a Doctor of Ancient Chinese Medicines, Herbal and Acupuncture and Yin & Yang. The concept lies at the origins of many branches of classical Chinese science and philosophy.
I worked for the Fourth largest hospital in my city, the tenth most populated city in the People's Republic of China.
I quite this job because I watched babies die in the waiting room because their parents did not have the cash to pay a Doctor for the needed treatment. I started my own little clinic in my apartment and was shut down by the local People's Welfare and Safety Office.
I then started to work for the Chinese Government. But that's a different story.

People that have grown up in the western culture with the sunshine of freedom bathing their face and body in the morning,,, need to look and listen to people that have clawed and fought their way through the maze of paper work to get to America and Canada and England and Australia and Japan,,,, and a host of other Free Countries,,,,They need to ask,,,, Why,,,,,Why Come Here,,, is our country any better,,,,,,, YES!!!!!
Wake Up and Open Your Eyes,,,,, Take Part in your Government and Make Changes,,,,,, Don't let your Government get a Choke Hold on Your Life and the Life of your future families,,,,, You're future family members will be looking for a way out,,, Like All of Us!

I was lucky, I met and married a good man, an American.

I've rambled enough,,, sorry.
edit on 14-8-2012 by guohua because: spelling

edit on 14-8-2012 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

The difference is China is moving forward and changing rules for the better but the US is moving backwards and changing the rules to be more like the places that people are leaving. IMHO if WE THE PEOPLE don't stop what is happening our mother USA it will be worse than the countries that the people are fleeing. With our military and technological abilities if our government had as much power as the government in China we all would already be RFID tagged and monitored even more than we already are.

The slope is slippery and we are slowly sliding back and the rate is increasing daily.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by knowledgedesired

True, so true, Much like what my wife wrote here:

Wake Up and Open Your Eyes,,,,, Take Part in your Government and Make Changes,,,,,, Don't let your Government get a Choke Hold on Your Life and the Life of your future families,,,,, You're future family members will be looking for a way out,,, Like All of Us!

Every American needs to get involved and make the change happen our selves.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Why are The People afraid to fight against the government? Everyone I talk to is in denial! Esp the older folks.

Income taxes are illegal as I understand it.

Back to the OP: thanks for sharing and welcome to USA. We can only hope that we don't end up as a third world country.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   

reply to post by guohua

Hi there, that link is disingenuous, at least from a UK perspective, can't talk to the rest of Europe. State pension hardly offers people a level of income equivalent to even minimum wage (or if it does, it's not far off), and now final salary pensions are being phased out, a lot of people who may have had a chance of a decent retirement based on it (like me) have been hard hit and now need to pump a lot more of their income into a plan that let's face it, we may never live to see the fruit of.

Also private pensions are taxed, the link doesn't make that distinction which is important.

(P.S., it may not be widely known, but the United Kingdom actually is part of Europe, but not the monetary Eurozone, the article seems to suggest perhaps we've left Europe altogether).
edit on 15-8-2012 by something wicked because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

That's because if you actually make money, you're an evil greedy person that needs to join the 99%...

Therefore, taxes.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by spiderLL

Income taxes are illegal as I understand it.

Go to this website and get all your answers to the legality of taxes.
web.archive.org...://evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html

All the Older People,,,, and I'm Older,,,, that I know, wold gladly Buck The System. We do Vote and get involved.

Thank You.
edit on 15-8-2012 by guohua because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join