It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curiosity UFOs - 13/08/2012

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Ok, picked up on this and not sure what to make of it. There is definitely 2 light sources moving in the video as stated, the one at 24 seconds is very interesting as it would seem to fly right across the horizon. Imo, it isn't anything to do with dust particles, however it could be CGI, so that possibility can't be ruled out.

Anyway, judge for yourself, video is on the linked page:

www.disclose.tv...

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
The one at 0:03 is problematic for sure, mostly because of that deflection that occurs halfway through its movement.

The one at 0:24 I could see as one of the orbiters reflecting sunlight... but then, there's no indication of direction here, is there?

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place but I didn't see a damn thing throughout that entire video

If I get look that hard then it's gotta be nothing right?

To make sure I am looking at the right video it says this as a heading "UFOs Mars Curiosity Rover Ground Video Footage/Photo Time Lapse"
edit on 13-8-2012 by HawkeyeNation because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
The comment for the video says "Leaked video footage or photo time laps"

Leaked ... really , someone has put this together from the Haz cam images released , I can only find two Haz cam images that match the alleged footage , I would say what we see in the video has been added on to one of those.

In my experience "leaked footage" normally = Fake

edit on 13-8-2012 by gortex because: Edit to add

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Ok I see it now...I put the video in full screen mode. Ya I couldn't tell you what that is. We know for sure that it is surely an unidentified flying object.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I'm with Gortex on this one and also submit that this time-lapse is fabrication using multiple altered frames of the same image to purposely produce this effect.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I'll wager that one of them is Phobos. it moves quickly around Mars
in less than 8 hours at about 5970 Km above the surface of Mars.

If anyone knows the orientation of the rover, they could give us a fairly good estimate of which, if either, body is Phobos.

To really nail down the alternative possibilities, we would need to know all of the satellites in that orientation around Mars in low orbits. The one that moves horizontally follows the horizon closely. From the rover's surface perespective, that object cannot be tens of thousands of miles high, as some if not most of those satellites are not in very circular orbits. I would say that it, if either one, is Phobos.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

I'll wager this is a bad CGI hoax. Why? Because as has already been stated by Gortex and Drucilla, there have only been two released images of this 'scene'.

The 'scene' features a curious shape in the background on the horizon. NASA has now worked out that this shape is the dust plume from where the skycrane crash landed on the surface after dropping curiosity off.

Notice the plume does not change in any of those frames. The only thing that changes (apart from the added balls of 'light') is the added grain effect to try to fool you into thinking this is a video.
edit on 13-8-2012 by AmatuerSkyWatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
It's definitely a fly.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainBeno
It's definitely a fly.

A new species of Mars fly

Thanks for the input folks, as I did say the possibility of CGI couldn't be ruled out, that's my opinion of it. And as a warning, further video from Curiosity is almost 100 percent sure to be tampered with, so post videos wisely from the mission.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

Someone took one of the first still images the rover sent back and edited it to make a fly by. The sunlight doesn't even change it's pixelation in the slightest bit. It's a poorly constructed hoax.

new topics

top topics

join