It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney started his Tour of Florida from Saint Augustine this morning.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Source

It was announced last minute. I found out Friday that Romney would be a Flagler College 8 am Monday morning.

I just so happened to have that day off from work, I'm in the area, and I thought it would be interesting to go check it out, if for no other reason then to park my car, with it's big Ron Paul bumper sticker, nearby. I was also hoping to chat and share my thoughts with those that would be there.

I was able to get a free ticket online 12 hours before the event. The ticket states "All attendees will be screened upon entry. Do not bring liquids, chairs, umbrellas, bags or signs. Cameras and mobile phones are permitted" I had thought of making a Ron Paul sign last minute to bring but saw that that idea was out.

My alarm was set and I was going to go but only if I felt up to it. See I have been fighting a bad cold this weekend and I didn't want to go to the event if I was still sick, when I would be better off resting at home. Needless to say, I'm still sick so I stayed home.

Romney also makes me sick. So I guess I was doomed to be sick today. Sorry ATS, maybe next time I'll get to the event and get the story.

edit on 13-8-2012 by IndieA because: spelling

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Well I guess it's cool that on one care's about what Romney's doing.

It looked as though he drew only a small crowd too.

I'm just waiting to see how the Republican National Convention will go down. I’m pretty sure I'll be left disappointed but I'm going to stay hopeful.

If Ron Paul announces a third party run at the convention I'll still have some hope for this country.

Obama and Romney may just disgrace themselves enough for Ron Paul to appeal to the dumb masses.

Of course the dumb masses will have to wake up and realize some things;

1. That these unconstitutional wars are not helping the country and are expensive to the tax payer.
2. Our leaders are failing us by not operating within or passing a budget in 3 years and should be fired.
2. Our leaders are destroying the country with their current path of action, catering to special interest and the elite 1%.
3. All money is created by a private bank, The Federal Reserve, and is then loaned to the country and the people with interest. By creating new money they cause inflation which is essentially devaluing everyone else’s money, then loan it out creating more debt and profit from the interest. On top of all that, Since Nixon took us off the Gold standard, are money is not backed by anything but faith. It is essentially worthless.
4. The government and Wall Street are working together, against the rest of us, to take away our freedoms and liberties away one step at a time.
5. The media (all kinds) is constantly lying to you and pushing agendas and opinions of the corporate and political elite.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I'm sure Paul Ryan will be pelted with canes and false teeth as this "tour" of Florida will most certainly prove to be a failure.

There is one segment of the U.S population that you just do not mess with and guess where the majority of them live? Hint: They're not illegal, not hispanic and they like big band music.

join