It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO over Antartica or balloon?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

One UFO buff admitted that most of the evidence suggested it was indeed a balloon, except for one mysterious fact: "none could explain why the object appeared in just a few frames." It's true that the object appears in only a few frames of the footage. However this becomes much less mysterious when you realize that the original video has been sped up

A balloon is certainly the most likely answer. Anyone not think its a balloon?

Posting Work Written by Others
Going forward, if you post something that is not 100% your own writing or work you must use the EX TAG, post NO MORE THAN 10% of the original (or three paragraphs, whichever is least), and GIVE A LINK TO THE SOURCE MATERIAL. If the work you are posting is not on the internet, from a book for example, you MUST give a credit for that Book ( the title), its Author and Publisher.
edit on August 13th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Did multiple people @ the station near photo see it, confirm it being a balloon?

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackProjects

I say balloon that was only up for a short test. The only thing that seems strange to me is that this should be easily confirmed if it actually was a test balloon I would think, and it hasn't.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
i see no reason to believe its something else than a balloon.

since the webcam the pictures have been taken from updates in intervals you don't have a real video from it in
common sense.
scientists job is to probe the atmosphere in regular intervals, and the size and shape of the object is very similar to what i would expect to be a weather balloon.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by billy197300

I say balloon that was only up for a short test. The only thing that seems strange to me is that this should be easily confirmed if it actually was a test balloon I would think, and it hasn't.

i think its so regular for them to launch ballons that they take a question regarding that as a joke

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by TMJ1972

Do you know what they actually DO at the Antarctic research station Neumayer-Station III?
Just curious.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
It looks like a balloon.. one thing is for sure though.. the over dramatic music and effects need to go! ugh

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Neumayer-Station III again , there are so many UFO videos featuring this place and they all prove to be bogus , I feel this is another .

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by billy197300
reply to post by TMJ1972

Do you know what they actually DO at the Antarctic research station Neumayer-Station III?
Just curious.

www.awi.de...

Photos of them launching balloons at that very station..... given that this shows white balloons.. with an early morning, or late evening launch .. it would probably give the balloon an orange appearance.. but they obviously do launch balloons at that station.
edit on 8/13/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
It's the 1 luft balloon that got away, which is why there's only 99 luft balloons.

Yahoo + spooky soundtrack YT video = debunks itself.

If it were a real UFO, Yahoo wouldn't report it, and it wouldn't need an annoying soundtrack.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Might be worthwhile including this link in your original post =) .. I think this pretty much ends the debate.. at least as far as I'm concerned.

Balloons being launched at Neumayer-Station III

Like I said above.. these are white, but in the early morning or late afternoon they would probably have an orange glow due to the color of the horizon..
edit on 8/13/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I'll go along and say its a balloon. A balloon full of extraterrestrials. I suppose that's the most likely and logical explanation. Apparently there's really no way to be sure what it was at this point.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   

I like how the ufo buff says its probably a balloon, then points holes in his own story to imply its a ufo.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Here ya go OP -

All signs point to a balloon, but who knows?

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I agree it's a weather balloon. They use these down there in Antarctica for research all of the time.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Hey BP! Long time, no see. (I've been busy doing other things lately). Based on the abundant evidence provided from others, this does appear to be a weather balloon. But I do share your love of searching for spherical unidentified aerial phenomena. So it may be something else...the world may never know.

So we keep searching the skies hoping to see something cool!

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   

I found another one around the same area.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
Here ya go OP -

The little red building on the roof the door is open and ballon is released look at frames before the door closed and white in colour and can be seen at the start of the video!!!

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by wmd_2008

Originally posted by Signals
Here ya go OP -

The little red building on the roof the door is open and ballon is released look at frames before the door closed and white in colour and can be seen at the start of the video!!!

Weather balloons have a tether and a radiosonde. I don't see either. Does anyone else?

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Bilk22

It's not a very hi-res pic!! but does it not seem strange to you the are open and this object is in view!!!!

top topics

join